Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.7 Content Update (93627)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post

No, increase rarity = making legendary drops more rare = drop rates are higher.
    Kind of confusing lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornBird View Post
    You sir deserve a cookie, where have you been the past 40 comments
    Read post #2 lol.
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I know I've mentioned this before but I still think the avatar screens look bad. Could we have option do view them the way they use to look?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Tacos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    After today's rarity increase, the drop rates in Humania are balanced with the rest of the game and remain significantly higher than the initial Humania release. We greatly appreciate your support and feedback. In so doing, we take great care to do what is best for the long-term health of Pocket Legends and happiness of our loyal customers.

We recognize and appreciate your many, varied preferences and play styles. For those who want a guaranteed reroll for better loot, we offer the Shamus' Shamrock Ale. For those who want to play for free, may I recommend playing the free Humania dungeons and using the free elixir, available from Vinnie the Vendor. For those who want to multiply their chance at rare boss loot, may I recommend The Monster Bash dungeon. Good luck to all of you, and I'll see you in game!!
    The post specifically says PAID dungeons. If the increase in rarity is across the board that is fine but this is saying the drop rate is now lower for individual bosses in monster bash then in the free maps. Does the post not correctly reflect what the update did?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    This option is in the next app submission.
    That would be the best thing ever since the new UI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Isn't there always a period where drops are very very easy to get and then they get hard? Thats why prices of items go down and up again after a while, as I have seen...
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    The post specifically says PAID dungeons. If the increase in rarity is across the board that is fine but this is saying the drop rate is now lower for individual bosses in monster bash then in the free maps. Does the post not correctly reflect what the update did?
    I'm quite confused on what the recent patch notes state as well. It depends on what the increased rarity of Monster Bash is relative to.

For instance (just blindly putting numbers here), if the drop rate in non-Bash was 0.5% and drop rate in Bash was 2% per boss before patch, it could mean that they nerfed the drop rate in Bash to 1%, which is still higher than that in non-Bash dungeons. I'm guessing this is what happened, but a dev should confirm this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningspeed View Post
    I'm quite confused on what the recent patch notes state as well. It depends on what the increased rarity of Monster Bash is relative to.

For instance (just blindly putting numbers here), if the drop rate in non-Bash was 0.5% and drop rate in Bash was 2% per boss before patch, it could mean that they nerfed the drop rate in Bash to 1%, which is still higher than that in non-Bash dungeons. I'm guessing this is what happened, but a dev should confirm this.
    Before the batch (blind numbers) for individual bosses, in non-Bash it was 0.5% and in Bash it was 0.5% The difference is that players PAY money to fight 5 bosses in one level. What this is saying is that after the patch (blind numbers again) it is non-Bash 0.5% and Bash it is 0.25% . In truth, the numbers a LOT lower then that, and any change to them makes a HUGE difference in the number of runs needed to get a pink (WAY more then the extra FIVE you get by paying).

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

My post is completely accurate. I don't provide precise numbers because it ruins any sense of discovery. To give you guys a hint, your guesses of about previous drop rates are off by a lot. I will reiterate - pink/purple drops relative to playtime is significantly higher in The Monster Bash dungeon because it multiplies your chances for rare loot drops.

Pocket Legends is a really special game. We don't try to entertain you with turnip seeds - we give you a world where you can have fun with your friends in a 3D world, fighting monsters and making a really awesome avatar that you can be proud of. As players, we take a lot of pride in our avatars and I'm not going to take that away from you by dropping the most valuable items like water. My hope is for you guys to get in there and play with the new drop rates, play A LOT! Have fun with your friends, invest in your character (through paid or unpaid means) and earn yourselves valuable items.

I leave you with a wise passage that I think is appropriate to this topic, an adaptation from Dr. Seuss, Green Eggs and Ham...
    Say!
    I love the drop ratio!
    I do! I like it, Spacetime Studios.
    And I would play it in a boat.
    And I would play it with a goat.
    And I would play it in the rain.
    And in the dark. And on a train!
    And in a car. And in a tree.
    It is so good SO GOOD, you see!

So, I will play it in a box.
    And I will play it with a fox.
    And I will play it in a house.
    And I will play it with a mouse.
    And I will play it here or there.
    Say! I'll play PL ANYWHERE!
    I do so like the drop ratio.
    Thank you, thank you Spacetime Studios!
    Last edited by Techno Email; 07-06-2012 at 11:26 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

My post is completely accurate. I don't provide precise numbers because it ruins any sense of discovery for people playing the game. I know the numbers. The drop rates are extremely generous. My wish is for you guys to get out there and play, and see for yourselves.
    I have no doubt your post is accurate, it is just that it conflicted with the patch notes. The patch notes say the rarity was adjusted in the paid dungeons, but your post has clarified that "the drop rates in Humania are balanced with the rest of the game", not just in the paid dungeon. Thank you for resolving that for us.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Fotgot to add u guys put those antennas ingame! Sparkle blue ones! we want

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LwMark For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Here's my opinion on how Monster Bash should work...

It should be free to enter, but as soon as you get a pink drop, STS should immediately get the average price in gold that the item you received has sold for in CS for the past 48 hours. Once this price in gold is calculated, STS should charge the recipient of the item the price in plat that the gold would have costs if purchased from the Plat store, maybe x.5.

So lets say you get a pink drop that sells in CS for an average of 500k, 500k*.5 = 250k. 250k gold costs 700plat. 700p is immediately removed from you account, or the cost of the plat is automatically charged to your CC on record.

Since Monster Bash was essentially a legal way to get extreme amounts of gold using platinum, I think they should make it more in line with just buying gold outright.

Or, y'know, you can just be happy that you have a way to buy extreme amounts of gold for 3p.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Let me see if I understand... The pay-to-play map (Monster Bash?) has higher drop rates for pinks than the rest of Humania. At first it had the same drop rates as Humania. Then it was increased to encourage people to use it. But they put it too high (in Techno's judgement), so the pay-to-play drop rate has been lowered, but it is still higher than it was at original release.

Well, I don't waste my money in that place. I tried it once when it first came out at level 10. Why pay for an elixir, then a map, then have to wait while the elixir's timer runs hoping someone else will join. Then you start it solo and get killed a lot. In the end, the drops aren't any different. I think Monster Bashes are lame. If people don't play them, they will go just away. Why not acquire some space by deleting them all? Then you won't have to reuse maps.

But I disagree with Fluff. They just told us that they lowered the rate back down BEFORE you spent another 3 plat, so no, it's not "bait-and-switch".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

My post is completely accurate. I don't provide precise numbers because it ruins any sense of discovery. To give you guys a hint, your guesses of about previous drop rates are off by a lot. I will reiterate - pink/purple drops relative to playtime is significantly higher in The Monster Bash dungeon because it multiplies your chances for rare loot drops.

Pocket Legends is a really special game. We don't try to entertain you with turnip seeds - we give you a world where you can have fun with your friends in a 3D world, fighting monsters and making a really awesome avatar that you can be proud of. As players, we take a lot of pride in our avatars and I'm not going to take that away from you by dropping the most valuable items like water. My hope is for you guys to get in there and play with the new drop rates, play A LOT! Have fun with your friends, invest in your character (through paid or unpaid means) and earn yourselves valuable items.

I leave you with a wise passage that I think is appropriate to this topic, an adaptation from Dr. Seuss, Green Eggs and Ham...
    Say!
    I love the drop ratio!
    I do! I like it, Spacetime Studios.
    And I would play it in a boat.
    And I would play it with a goat.
    And I would play it in the rain.
    And in the dark. And on a train!
    And in a car. And in a tree.
    It is so good SO GOOD, you see!

So, I will play it in a box.
    And I will play it with a fox.
    And I will play it in a house.
    And I will play it with a mouse.
    And I will play it here or there.
    Say! I'll play PL ANYWHERE!
    I do so like the drop ratio.
    Thank you, thank you Spacetime Studios!

Why are you such a cool dev?! ^_^
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thedream View Post
    I know I've mentioned this before but I still think the avatar screens look bad. Could we have option do view them the way they use to look?
    Funny that you think this. I love the new "3D" and larger look of our characters. What I don't like is that when I view my own Inspect Page, I see my character much smaller and not 3D like they used to be. I'd prefer if they updated it so I could see my own Inspect Page with the larger 3D look. The only time I get to see my character in the new 3D view is on the page that comes up when you first login.

Anyone else notice this bug?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Default 1.7.7 Content Update (93627)

Think theyre saying drop rates are equal on both maps. But you can get a pink sooner or faster in bash because theyre is less mobs and 5 bosses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think what happened is that when the Humania update came, pink drop rates were very low in both the regular maps and in the Monster Bash. A few days later they increased the drop rates, but they increased the rate more in Monster Bash than in the free maps. So now after many complaints, they have lowered the Monster Bash drop rates to the same level as the free maps, but they still both have higher drop rates than they did in the initial release.

So if you want a hypothetical example, when the Humania update came, perhaps the pink drop rates for each boss was around 0.2%. This was the same whether you were in a regular map or in Monster Bash. Then when the first update came, perhaps they raised the drop rate in the regular maps to 0.3%, but in Monster Bash the rate was increased to 0.5%. So now, perhaps they have lowered the Monster Bash drop rate to 0.3% which is the same as the regular maps.

However, there is still a big advantage of playing Monster Bash over the regular maps. The advantage is that you get to fight 5 bosses in less time than it would take you to fight one boss on a regular map. If the drop rate is 0.3% for each boss, then a run through Monster Bash would give you a 1.5% chance of a pink drop (5 x 0.3%) while a regular map (which takes more time to complete than monster bash) would only give you a 0.3% of a pink drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

If you love playing and fighting all kinds of monsters (not just bosses) you may prefer to play the longer maps with a single boss at the end, for free. If you are dead set on getting the best loot as fast as possible, you may want to play the Monster Bash dungeon. The Monster Bash contains five back to back bosses, each of which have a chance to drop loot. This is absolutely your choice!
    Is this why humania maps are so long? To encourage people to spend plat for the monster mash?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Is this why humania maps are so long? To encourage people to spend plat for the monster mash?
    To burn up elixir time i think and to make them "feel" more expansive since Fang was cramped corridors and they want to contrast that feeling.