Thread: The Blackstar Chronicles Novelization/Character Names

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Chapter three has been posted. Vance and company have fought and tricked their way through the security center, and discovered the true nature of the people who seized control of the R&D complex. Now they must deal with the implications of that discovery, and find a way to proceed past the complications it has added to their mission..

I've been working on plotting out the whole story of the Star Legends game, so I can start developing the main plot for Blackstar Chronicles. So far, the biggest problem I'm having is finding a way to tie all the independent story arcs of the various mission together into a cherant main plot. Some of them can be link together on their own (like Cycorp leading into delta-7). The tricky bit is developing the main plot underlying the events of the game, and then linking the various mission arcs to that.
    The other element of the story that's being difficult is character development. SL doesn't offer much in the way opportunities to see a side of the characters that's not devoted to kicking butt and taking names. So I'm working on writing a number of chapters that show Vance during his time between mission, when he isn't busy killing stuff. The hard part is coming up with what to make them about, given a lot of Vance's personality is still unformed. Stay tuned for additional updates.
    Last edited by Battlegrinder; 08-25-2012 at 06:21 PM.