Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Undead mask too rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

If you want to increase your chances, buy an elixir. And remember, smash everything and pay attention. Carapace said vanities do not drop off bosses. They drop from anything else, so you must be thorough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Elixir don't work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flippys View Post
    I mostly agree with the two of you. Rare is rare for a reason. If everyone was able to get one then it would be common. I actually like the current drop rate. Have I found an undead mask? No. Will I stop trying even though I've logged several hundred runs at Dead End? No

I know how you feel. These first 3 months of this game has felt like a Beta Test. And I am really upset about that. I started playing the game on day 1. I enjoyed it. I really like how everything was. So I decided to invest a couple hundred dollars into a game that I liked. Now it feels like I just donated my money away for all the whiners cause they didn't like how this is or that is in the game. And STS, I'm disappointed in you guys that you cater to the whiners. If they don't like your product, they can go find another product to play. Quit hurting the investors that actually are/were happy.
    *Clap clap clap clap clap *thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ciroc View Post
    Not my problem if goes away or stay. I want to get it easy
    Nobody said anything about making it easy. I don't think it should be easy. But for an event, if I farm for 10 hours and don't see one... well maybe it can be tweaked a little.

Like I said. I would only say this for event drops that are limited time.

I also haven't gotten a single pink gem since the level cap raise, but I don't expect (or want) those rates to be changed.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flippys View Post
    I know how you feel. These first 3 months of this game has felt like a Beta Test. And I am really upset about that. I started playing the game on day 1. I enjoyed it. I really like how everything was. So I decided to invest a couple hundred dollars into a game that I liked. Now it feels like I just donated my money away for all the whiners cause they didn't like how this is or that is in the game. And STS, I'm disappointed in you guys that you cater to the whiners. If they don't like your product, they can go find another product to play. Quit hurting the investors that actually are/were happy.
    I totally get what you are saying here. I think if STS made it as easy to get as the so called "very rare" purified fire shards... then yes, its a problem. But making them a little less rare than they are right now is not going to hurt anyone and the masks will still be rare so that everyone can sell it for insane amounts of money.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Stop calling people who think differently than you whiners. Especially since you are voicing your opposition through whining.
    This is sts' game... Not yours.
    They will tailor the game to maximze the fun of the most people, not the hardcore I want 10million few.

It isn't the crying majority getting their way, its clients of a company voicing their opinion and sts, being business savy, making the best decisions to make the most people happy.

You calling those who think differently whiners is insulting to the majority of the community who share this game with you. Learn to be a brother and not an economic predator.

Woofles
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Xaphan Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ciroc View Post
    Elixir don't work
    Didn't Carapace say that elixirs DO work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    He said the chances to reroll are low to none
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Undead mask too rare?

After god knows how many runs finally got one today ))) the drop itself looked like a tiny purple gem not very easy to see at all would post pics but was on my phone n don't know how but as I've always got it in nw lolololololol guess it dosnt matter good luck!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    Stop calling people who think differently than you whiners. Especially since you are voicing your opposition through whining.
    This is sts' game... Not yours.
    They will tailor the game to maximze the fun of the most people, not the hardcore I want 10million few.

It isn't the crying majority getting their way, its clients of a company voicing their opinion and sts, being business savy, making the best decisions to make the most people happy.

You calling those who think differently whiners is insulting to the majority of the community who share this game with you. Learn to be a brother and not an economic predator.

Woofles
    im not sayin im different then anyone else im just doing what everyone else did make this update happen
    and if the majority are whiner then the are just mean they cant get the mask and this is why the update is happening
    and im also in the boat of a whiner but on the opposite side cause i work my a$$ for the mask and i dont care about money in the game cause i had two of and i couldve sold it but didint i gave it away. and now come to find out no wait its to hard for some people lets make it a bit easier and please the people that dont have it and the people that did all the work well F U cause you couldve waited

and question do you have the mask?

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #91
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Seems to be a large backlash on this, so I'm going to clarify a few points to back my decision.

The biggest one for me is that in the passed week, there have been less than 20 dropped on the server in total. There is a rough average of about 1 every 2 days, which by my standards is "too" rare. Please note that when I say I will be bumping the drop rate a little, I do mean a little. My goal is to make the drops go from 1 every day or so into more like 1-2 a day by comparison. It won't be raining masks, and it will still be very rare, but in this context I have data I've been monitoring in order to ensure fairness through the event. In actuality I completely expect to see more posts about the Undead Mask still being too rare once this update is patched out.

On a note regarding the permanent vanities - they have seen even LESS drops than the undead masks, so I'm going to adjust some other things related to them, but not just make them show up more often.

This is a sensitive matter, and understandably so. I can't give exact numbers but suffice to say it's more rare than I originally intended and it will be addressed with a mild bump. In most cases players still won't see many of them. My goal here is to make it feel obtainable and keep it extremely rare, not incredibly rare to the point of non-existence.

I hope this clarifies a little more. While on the surface it seems like this is a reaction to the "whining" on the forums, it is in fact the result of my intentional monitoring of the drops tied to the event on a daily basis since they went live and my personal reflection that this drop is too rare. The two scenarios have met an overlap, and it's been construed as me buckling to the protests.

Thanks for reading guys, let's tone it down a bit now please

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Seems to be a large backlash on this, so I'm going to clarify a few points to back my decision.

The biggest one for me is that in the passed week, there have been less than 20 dropped on the server in total. There is a rough average of about 1 every 2 days, which by my standards is "too" rare. Please note that when I say I will be bumping the drop rate a little, I do mean a little. My goal is to make the drops go from 1 every day or so into more like 1-2 a day by comparison. It won't be raining masks, and it will still be very rare, but in this context I have data I've been monitoring in order to ensure fairness through the event. In actuality I completely expect to see more posts about the Undead Mask still being too rare once this update is patched out.

On a note regarding the permanent vanities - they have seen even LESS drops than the undead masks, so I'm going to adjust some other things related to them, but not just make them show up more often.

This is a sensitive matter, and understandably so. I can't give exact numbers but suffice to say it's more rare than I originally intended and it will be addressed with a mild bump. In most cases players still won't see many of them. My goal here is to make it feel obtainable and keep it extremely rare, not incredibly rare to the point of non-existence.

I hope this clarifies a little more. While on the surface it seems like this is a reaction to the "whining" on the forums, it is in fact the result of my intentional monitoring of the drops tied to the event on a daily basis since they went live and my personal reflection that this drop is too rare. The two scenarios have met an overlap, and it's been construed as me buckling to the protests.

Thanks for reading guys, let's tone it down a bit now please
    Thank you for your time, your monitoring of the situation and your clarification. It is very much appreciated.

No longer of Eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Ty Carapace for this valuable info.
    And I wanna say to others that, this didn't needed to get to this point. If ya know in SL Xray Visor is a very very rare drop in Numa, Actually being the second level cap campaign with a very rare Vanity. This is our second level cap campaign in DL and finally we get some vanities to drop and and for us to hunt and look what happens.

Now my concern or better yet, why not complaint just like this in SL forums about X-ray Visor. I'm not saying this because I got an Undead Antlers Mask as a drop on the second day of the release of event on my 10th run.
    I'm saying it because in SL I've never have gotten a vanity drop until the infested deck and I don't even count that as vanities. Everyone got them. A valuable vanity like X-rays, squid buddy, devours helm or scorn I've never gotten them as a drop. In my sts history, I received a valuable vanity or what I least thought it will be, as a drop in DL and I got so excited and now it's like w.e

I don't call people whiners like others say. All I'm saying is what's the point of naming something rare and making a bit more droppable it will lose market value. Even though gold is easy to get in DL. Some players care about it. Why complaint, cause you haven't gotten something you want and others have.

(I want X-rays, and I'm not complaining about it)
    Don't mean to cause any more drama that there is, it's just my opinion.
    Last edited by SexyIsland; 07-23-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    "Always Be Yourself"
    "KOI & SP, will always be in my Heart"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Nope. done with this event... ill just stand in town begging for one.

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Lol now they will be a bit more droppable so don't worry juger try again
    "Always Be Yourself"
    "KOI & SP, will always be in my Heart"

Lady_Pebbles

Now I know how The Comedian feels when he says "Its a joke man... Its all an effen joke."

Smfh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Mask is very nice ... more people have each day ... thats a good thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Well yea elixirs do increase chances by tiny bit, but I would suggest not to spend ur money, or gold on them,....for example: I spent over 800k of elixirs no drop of undead whatsoever... >
    Nkassassin-36 Female Vamp, Nktwinkers-36 Farming Male Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

i didnt heard anyone complain for jepacks event in SL,1000 mobs mission for each took u kinda 3 hours, full set for 9 hours.
    why they didnt? cos those jets sold for 2k...
    so they could buy it.
    idk, i sold my mask. if ull increase the odds that beffer for me. but it still think ist a stupid idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Hate isn't the most dangerous thing. Indifference is. We all whine, for all the stupidest reasons one could ever think of. I did whine, about not getting this mask. Carapace said her piece. I am optimistic about it and see it as, the devs are reading everything we're posting here, they're doing what they can to make everyone happy. A little understanding won't hurt. Now, let's look for people to sink our fangs into. Imma hella one thirsty vampire.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterKate For This Useful Post: