Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Undead mask too rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ciroc View Post
    Carapace next event just spoil everyone next time with vanity cause everyone got accustom it to and dont like a challenges or something different cause they'll freak out
    Nah, make one vanity easy another medium and another hard and finally extremely rare lastly, maybe, near impossible drop

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Ciroc:722575
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Ciroc you don't play the game as often as some of us do and you got two Undead masks drop. Which proves our point luv.

just cause i got two mask faster then everyone else doesnt mean i didnt grind my as$ off to get two of them and still grind to get other one to give it someone not just to have it

No. It just means you grinded your arse off less than the rest of us -&- our efforts are hella worthless because we grinded way more than you did. Its basicly rewarding people who barely play while the rest who are there daily trying to get it to drop (before the event is over & they are no longer available as drops) are left empty handed. Unless we buy from another player or get them as gifts.

Just because mine was a gift (thanks again, you know who you are... I don't want ya getting spam PMs in game for one lol) doesn't mean I don't want one to drop. Its like I wasted my time for nothing and someone else did the work for me. I am grateful but still, I wish it dropped so I could've earned it instead. Thats just the type of player and person I am. Idk maybe thats just me. *shrugs*

I don't care how many runs I do as long as it drops by a certain amount of time before the event ends, then its worth it. Right now, with only one or two dropping a day it really doesn't make it worth the effort at all. Its like trying to win a lotto thats only running for a month long, making most people's chances ridiculously low. All the money going towards the tickets (gold and elixirs in this case) are just burning a hole in your pocket (cuz the vanities don't seem to drop on a reroll). Smh.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 07-24-2012 at 07:01 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #143
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Everyone's opinion is valid and I appreciate the feedback, but let's please keep the thread from derailing into a flame war. It's been mostly constructive so far, and I appreciate that. Another thing I wanted to note is that this event is going on for considerably longer than typical events do in PL and SL, which I believe should give most players enough time to farm for the mask.

There will be an announcement post when the Summer Event is coming to an end, but it will be weeks from now. Perhaps the assumption the event is short is playing into the frustration regarding this rare drop?

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #144
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

As an update, I can confirm that the drop rate change has had the desired affect. There is a much more reasonable drop rate on a daily basis since the change went in, without blowing it out of proportion. I will continue to monitor it, but for now I'm happy with the number of drops I am seeing.

Lady_Pebbles

The only part the time period plays in this is limiting the time it will take to get one out of the two daily drops it has. If you're going to make an item that rare, make it drop even after the event is over. Just like the 3 new vanities.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 07-24-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

ARGHHH!!! I hate the person that won the Mega Lotto....and it's not me...pffff!!! I need my money back from the gahment...
    Bjourd, Bjolt & Bjkarma.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nologicone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Carapace, can u confirm weather or not running in multiplayer or with a full party has any affect on the drop rate?
    Monarchival - lvl 66 warbird
    Monvladimir - lvl 66 pally
    Oadraebehar - lvl 66 dexbear formerly Monarchivals secretary and equipment storage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monarchival View Post
    Carapace, can u confirm weather or not running in multiplayer or with a full party has any affect on the drop rate?
    It just seems that way with multiplayer because there's more people per game. All drops are independent, but it's 3-4 people or whatever getting drops. It just seems more frequent because it's combining people solo runs into one group.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #149
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monarchival View Post
    Everyone has their own loot when running in multiplayer, so no it has no effect on your chances to get a drop or someone else's chance to get a drop.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    ....what?
    yeah I dunno...
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

but you can curse in a mobile mmo like DL and not in hardcore mmo ummm right . i think you should stick to SL and PL my friend. and you are getting more 3 out 4 items itsnt more
    I have no clear clue what you mean by this. Of which: 7000 plat purchased, 130k pve kills, excellent K'Dratio pvp without cheesing, millions in gold... I am not a casual player, but can still argue for the casuals cause this is a mobile mmo. STS's own mission statement in the past supports my thoughts. If I have to link their own executives words I can.

..and to the person who made the, "Waaa I am mad I didn't win the lottery" thing:
    You have missed the point entirely and have added nothing to the discussion. Kindly go troll another thread. We are having a discussion.

bark bark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

yea you say that now cause you dont have it if you get and then drop go up ill see you here again and plus it will never happen either
    No, I'm just not into the elitism. And not really concerned with making a bazillion gold either.

And if I farm for twenty hours on the map where it drops, I expect it to drop. We ARE talking about a limited time item here.
    Last edited by Rare; 07-24-2012 at 07:07 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    This isn't ff11 or lineage or any other like game.

It's a mobile mmo. you took it way to literal its on chrome now which is mean it on PC

If wanted a hardcore gear grind, I can name 15 other nonn-mobile mmo games I could play what your saying Dl is not a hardcore mmo but they have pvp which is not casual at all and cursing which most Pc mmo and you cant do . I like mobile mmo's cause I can play them for 30 mins at work and get stuff done. i get it thats that cool thats why there two other mask you can get.I work 3-jobs at 70 hours a week. I fly a 4 million dollar aircraft. I am not 15 playing Everquest at 10 hours a day. I am not 19 playing ff11 for 10 hours a day. I am not 26 and top 5% in the world on WoW anymore this part was just unnecessary guess it was to show your better then others i dont what this was for whatever. I like getting more for less. It is what I expect out of mobile.

Sorry, but true.
    Woof

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    No, I'm just not into the elitism. And not really concerned with making a bazillion gold either.

And if I farm for twenty hours on the map where it drops, I expect it to drop. We ARE talking about a limited time item here.
    im not either and i dont care about gold either.
    well thats how they made it dont know what to tell you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post

^ this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

this part was just unnecessary guess it was to show your better then others i dont what this was for whatever.
    I am saying that past/present I am not a casual player, yet at the same time, I am busy busy and can appreciate a more casual atmosphere in a limited time event.
    I am saying I see/am a part of both sides of the equation. I am making up my mind off of a very broad perspective. I can appreciate elite hardcore rare things, I just don't think it should exist in a limited time event on a mobile platform.
    bark bark
    Last edited by Xaphan Fox; 07-24-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

it not just on mobile anymore tho it on PC and tablet and most people get wifi tablets anyway so ur really not going anywhere. ur taking the word mobile above and beyond literal
    Last edited by Ciroc; 07-24-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

It is a light, diet, one calorie, less filling tastes great game. Mobile at heart. Regardless if it is playable on chrome also or not. Compare Diablo3 to any STS property. It is a different style of game, limited by a different kind of software/hardware tech, geared twords a much more, "pick up and go and get things accomplished in shorter single servings" kind of crowd.

That is from STS' own mouth. A limited time event that has something so rare is against the game theory STS has said they are going for. It is why I bring this up to begin with. I am not gonna slam Diablo 3 forums about how rare things are cause I know what I am getting when I play that game.
    I thought I knew what this game was geared towards, which is why I say anything. I may be wrong. Who knows...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i see what your say. you cant always believe what they say. thing change every minute

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

"Spacetime Studios summarized the challenges creating a mobile mmo that was restricted by hardware power, bandwidth over EDGE, small display size, touch controls for user input, wide appeal to a casual userbase for whom games would be a secondary consideration, significantly reduced gaming sessions ranging from 5–10 minutes and a bottom-line of highly consistent levels of performance, underpinning an active and responsive core gameplay experience with scope in future design that allowed for organic growth"
    Attained from:
    http://www.develop-online.net/featur...player-lessons
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/10...lks-mobile-de/