Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question for Devs about Humania Pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IanJones View Post
    I'm really starting to think that STS highly favors the big $$$ spending players because I know a few and they always have 3-5 pinks listed in CS at once. I mean it would make sense to keep the players that are filling your wallet happy but I wonder if they can individually turn the dial up or down for individual players.

Maybe I got muted too many times and they turned my pinks off LOL
    The people with multiple items are mostly merchants. There are always a few that seemingly have all the luck in drops. I can tell you that I spent a lot on this game already, but I rarely get a good drop. So I seriously doubt STS would have some mechanism in place to reward the ones who spent a lot. Even with shamrock elix enabled, and a LOT of monster bash runs, I still don't have the pinks one would expect.

So basically, it's all luck. I remember being on a dry spell for about 3 months in the past. That was when I farmed daily for hours. I took a break from all the farming back then and decided to start merching to make some gold.

I learned to just play the game for fun and don't even expect a pink to drop anymore. If you don't focus on getting pinks, but instead enjoy running with your friends, it would be much less frustrating, and I'm pretty sure a pink will come your way sooner or later

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Frustration can set in when dealing with low percentages and random drops, but after months of garbage farming for me too, i hit a lucky streak and got like 5 good pinks in the span of 10 runs. Definitely random.

Luck elixirs, etc. can help, but only a little.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    The people with multiple items are mostly merchants. There are always a few that seemingly have all the luck in drops. I can tell you that I spent a lot on this game already, but I rarely get a good drop. So I seriously doubt STS would have some mechanism in place to reward the ones who spent a lot. Even with shamrock elix enabled, and a LOT of monster bash runs, I still don't have the pinks one would expect.

So basically, it's all luck. I remember being on a dry spell for about 3 months in the past. That was when I farmed daily for hours. I took a break from all the farming back then and decided to start merching to make some gold.

I learned to just play the game for fun and don't even expect a pink to drop anymore. If you don't focus on getting pinks, but instead enjoy running with your friends, it would be much less frustrating, and I'm pretty sure a pink will come your way sooner or later
    Well that's a lie Ikungfupanda, I see your stuff listed all over the CS and as other Ikungfu animals. You have a slew of merches and pinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for all the motivational speeches team, but the reason for my post was hopefully to get a Dev to reply and shed some light in this topic. The percent of drops should be set the same for every player and actually work. If I get a pink later than I'll be at 0.5% drop rate.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Thanks for all the motivational speeches team, but the reason for my post was hopefully to get a Dev to reply and shed some light in this topic. The percent of drops should be set the same for every player and actually work. If I get a pink later than I'll be at 0.5% drop rate.
    It is the same ~rate~ for all players, some players just play more, so they get more. I know, math is hard, so I will make it easy. Let's say junk items are apples are pinks are jars of hunny. Now lets say someone took a thousand apples and ate them. That person would be feeling really sick. Now a different person, or perhaps a silly old bear, went to a tree and got some hunny. He would be feeling good. Hmm, guess this story did not help. Point is, math is hard.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Let me share with you a little secret... Go to AO crush the keeper. Wait for 4 noobs to join, all willing to give you their drops for the easy leveling. If you find any that arent, ask them to leave or kick them. Every couple runs, collect drops from the players. If you do this for as long as you farm at dumb old "humania", and you liqiudate every drop, you will make good guaranteed profit. Do this while merching for best results. (also if you spot a noob rebellion on the rise, kick the instigator before you lose all your noobs and have to start afresh.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

It's important to know about statistics and how they work. A drop rate isn't a guarantee by any means, and you can't know the drop rate based solely on your own results. For example, if the drop rate is 1%, basically a 1-in-100 chance, there's nothing that says you must get a pink within 100 runs. In fact, you could potentially go a thousand runs without getting one. Think of it as rolling a gigantic 100-sided dice every time you get loot (taking it back to the old D&D days). There are always extremes with statistics too. There are going to be people who get more pinks than the average, and people who get less.

BTW, on this topic a dev won't say anything more than what's already been said.
    Last edited by McBain; 07-25-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I've been doing monster bash runs on a regular basis for a few weeks now, and I can pretty much tell you that the drop rate for pinks is 1-2%. The developers have previously said that the drop rate for the bosses in monster bash is now the same as the drop rate for those same bosses in the regular campaign. I find that when doing monster bash with a full crew of 5, that a pink drops approximately every 2-4 runs. That's 5 players x 5 bosses means 25 drops per run. So one pink every 2-4 runs means one pink every 50-100 drops. I plan to do a bunch more runs next weekend, and I'll try to be a little more accurate and I'll keep count of exactly what I see drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IanJones:723224
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post

Well that's a lie Ikungfupanda, I see your stuff listed all over the CS and as other Ikungfu animals. You have a slew of merches and pinks.

I think you don't understand what merching is. Go to CS, and keep searching, lets say, level 70 gear. You will start seeing times when someone list maybe 20-40% lower than all other similar items. Buy those, and relist as the lowest price by 5%.

Keep doing that and you will have your name all over CS too. And make a lot of gold to boot.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nomad187 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Let me share with you a little secret... Go to AO crush the keeper. Wait for 4 noobs to join, all willing to give you their drops for the easy leveling. If you find any that arent, ask them to leave or kick them. Every couple runs, collect drops from the players. If you do this for as long as you farm at dumb old "humania", and you liqiudate every drop, you will make good guaranteed profit. Do this while merching for best results. (also if you spot a noob rebellion on the rise, kick the instigator before you lose all your noobs and have to start afresh.)
    You're such a thoughul person.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

You think STS literally goes in to each account that spends a lot of money and magically makes their luck better?

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    I hate people like you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    I hate people like you.
    Weagle, we dun wun dem noob rebellions. Therefore we kill/boot the instigators. Gosh, try to be reasonable, like Yich.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dynastu View Post
    Weagle, we dun wun dem noob rebellions. Therefore we kill/boot the instigators. Gosh, try to be reasonable, like Yich.

When I get asked to give pinks on an alt, I message all the other party members and laugh at the host, then leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    When I get asked to give pinks on an alt, I message all the other party members and laugh at the host, then leave.
    I hate people like you.

Edit: JK. Hey, that's why I had the smiley face, to show sarcasm.
    Last edited by Dynastu; 07-25-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

^
    I think Dynastu was joking - I hope. Please edit your post and add JK, so others don't misunderstand

I agree with you WoundedEagle - these types (like Yich) are lazy slugs and the community would be better off without them. It's funny that they just aren't smart enough to realize they can farm AO all day and for every hundred pinks that drop, there might be one that has any resale value in CS.

This scam only works in AO because most people just don't care about the pink drops there. Try pulling that stunt in Nuri's, Fang or Humania and see what kind of noob rebellion you encounter...sheesh, what a jerk!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Rofl. I could start a guild called <Noob Rebellion>. Then I'd literally be the noob rebellion leader.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I've been doing monster bash runs on a regular basis for a few weeks now, and I can pretty much tell you that the drop rate for pinks is 1-2%. The developers have previously said that the drop rate for the bosses in monster bash is now the same as the drop rate for those same bosses in the regular campaign. I find that when doing monster bash with a full crew of 5, that a pink drops approximately every 2-4 runs. That's 5 players x 5 bosses means 25 drops per run. So one pink every 2-4 runs means one pink every 50-100 drops. I plan to do a bunch more runs next weekend, and I'll try to be a little more accurate and I'll keep count of exactly what I see drop.
    I wonder if there's a difference between good pink and garbage pinks...

Were any of your team wearing lucky hats or using luck elixirs? That messes up the numbers, remember.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    ^
    I think Dynastu was joking - I hope. Please edit your post and add JK, so others don't misunderstand

I agree with you WoundedEagle - these types (like Yich) are lazy slugs and the community would be better off without them. It's funny that they just aren't smart enough to realize they can farm AO all day and for every hundred pinks that drop, there might be one that has any resale value in CS.

This scam only works in AO because most people just don't care about the pink drops there. Try pulling that stunt in Nuri's, Fang or Humania and see what kind of noob rebellion you encounter...sheesh, what a jerk!
    I see punks like that in Sand Caves a lot as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    It's important to know about statistics and how they work. A drop rate isn't a guarantee by any means, and you can't know the drop rate based solely on your own results. For example, if the drop rate is 1%, basically a 1-in-100 chance, there's nothing that says you must get a pink within 100 runs. In fact, you could potentially go a thousand runs without getting one. Think of it as rolling a gigantic 100-sided dice every time you get loot (taking it back to the old D&D days). There are always extremes with statistics too. There are going to be people who get more pinks than the average, and people who get less.

BTW, on this topic a dev won't say anything more than what's already been said.
    Drop rate of 1% over 100 runs is 63.39677% chances of getting the item.

Actually you can calculate your chances yourself by applying the following formula:

1 - ( ( 1 - x ) ^ y ) where

x is chances of drop (example 0.5% drop rate you would put x as 0.5).
    y is the number of tries (runs).

Have fun!
    Last edited by StompArtist; 07-25-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stompartist View Post
    1 - ( ( 1 - x ) ^ y )
    oh noes! It's math!!!

Name:  head-explosion.gif
Views: 545
Size:  14.2 KB

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>