Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
I decided to test it myself and crafted the shanks.

On average it took me around 20 seconds more to kill bandit queen with shanks as compared to Bow. And this is in a lv55 dungeon. Boss kills in higher lvl dungeons would even make more difference considering they probably have way more armor.

So yeah, shanks definitely deal a considerate amount LESS real dmg to tough bosses as compared to bow.

As I already said earlier, it's dagger vs bow all over again.
I'm thinking that perhaps I am not using the bow correctly. I have the lvl66 Tiki Set with both the bow and the shanks. Compared to your crafted set, the Tiki set appears to have slightly more crit & damage, and considerably less armor. Yet I am not even able to kill Bandit Queen with the bow as she heals herself faster than I can inflict damage.

When you use the bow, how exactly do you do it? I stand a bit back, keep auto attack on, and whenever she comes towards me I stomp her back into the wall. With the Shanks I also keep it on auto, but instead spam the slash skills and stomp. Should I be fighting with the bow in the same exact manner as I do with the shanks? Should I instead be fighting with the bow the same as I do with a melee weapon?

I'm a bit confused.