Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Every ELITE Vanity Items should be SAME.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    uhhh, i think you missed the point. How many players have the OPPORTUNITY to travel back in time to get the COP and Nuri's shield if they weren't playing then? LOL
    They had the opportunity to get it when it originally came out by downloading the game and playing.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    uhhh, i think you missed the point. How many players have the OPPORTUNITY to travel back in time to get the COP and Nuri's shield if they weren't playing then? LOL
    They had the opportunity to get it when it originally came out by downloading the game and playing.
    I'm not an opportunist, I blame genetics for my lack of a founders!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I'm not an opportunist, I blame genetics for my lack of a founders![/QUOTE]

You can add your parents to your lawsuit. Hahaha!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Why don't they just leave the elite set how it is and then down the road make another elite set. Then the old members fell good because none snatched their set bonus away, and the new people have a elite set to. Everyone's happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mage till the end:745823
    Why don't they just leave the elite set how it is and then down the road make another elite set. Then the old members fell good because none snatched their set bonus away, and the new people have a elite set to. Everyone's happy.
    Wow it makes so much sense that we should all rage about it!
    We need a few more black ice/Cyber quests also.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    This sounds like one of those: "If I can't have it, nobody will!" things
    ^^Agree^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mage till the end View Post
    I don't know why they don't do this either. Just make the 71, 76 & 81 items form a set and give a similar set bonus as the older one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Maybe mentioning "equality of opportunity" is a bit exaggerated here
    But since you brought it up, factors that hinder equal opportunity include:

"...circumstances of birth, upbringing, ... or 'involuntary personal attributes' such as disability, age, etc..." (see here)

E.g.

1. I am very young. Therefore, I could not have started playing PL when others did (involuntary personal attribute: age).

2. My parents didn't allow me to play video games with killings until I was 14; they thought that such games at a young age would increase my violent tendencies (upbringing).
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    Maybe mentioning "equality of opportunity" is a bit exaggerated here
    But since you brought it up, factors that hinder equal opportunity include:

"...circumstances of birth, upbringing, ... or 'involuntary personal attributes' such as disability, age, etc..." (see here)

E.g.

1. I am very young. Therefore, I could not have started playing PL when others did (involuntary personal attribute: age).

2. My parents didn't allow me to play video games with killings until I was 14; they thought that such games at a young age would increase my violent tendencies (upbringing).
    This is true. However, when an item is discontinued before you started playing, then why should they re-issue it just for your circumstances?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomad187 View Post
    This is true. However, when an item is discontinued before you started playing, then why should they re-issue it just for your circumstances?
    I didn't say they should re-issue discontinued items They could always offer an alternative that gives similar stats.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Brave Sir Robin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

or you could just suck it up and realize the game is for more than one person ^.^
    enjoy :D

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I don't know why they don't do this either. Just make the 71, 76 & 81 items form a set and give a similar set bonus as the older one.

this makes sense too.

Hmm, lot of reasonable proposals to address the problem.

Seems like the only people shrilling are those who got the original Elite items and keep chiming in even though this issue doesn't seem to affect them LOL

...except to try and stop others from having the same opportunity to have Elite bonuses, of course. ha ha ha
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    or you could just suck it up and realize the game is for more than one person ^.^
    enjoy
    I was not talking about myself These were just two examples to counter the equal opportunity argument.
    Obviously, more than one person might fall into these categories. And of course, there are more examples.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin:746481
    I didn't say they should re-issue discontinued items They could always offer an alternative that gives similar stats.
    I will thank you when I get on PC.

I personally think they are going away from the stat vanities because of all the complaining from those that don't have X item. I agree that vanities should be vanities, and should not offer stats. However, in the case of the old elite vanities, that was the only real reward. The reward now it's the elite dungeon, and 3 items only a 71 can equip.

The issue that I have is the attitudes of some. They feel that STS owes them something. STS did not need to tell them the new helm would not have stats, or give a set bonus with MFA, or SoH. STS decided instead to give us a new dungeon, with elite weapons. They went in a new direction, explained the reasoning, and a month later people are still complaining. At some point they need to accept facts, and move on. In my case, I capped one toon at 56, 61, & 66. My other two I only capped at 66. I too assumed the new helm would make a set bonus. I was disappointed when it didn't, but I accept the responsibility for having not capped the others. I actually like the idea of the new dungeon. A long as they don't make the elite dungeon plat based, I'm good.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to nomad187 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amilys View Post
    HmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmSAYhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmNOhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmTOhmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmDRUGS*hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*Drugs: Substances that boosts your performances. Ex: VANITY SETS
    Gotta agree with you..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I personally think they are going away from the stat vanities because of all the complaining from those that don't have X item. I agree that vanities should be vanities, and should not offer stats. However, in the case of the old elite vanities, that was the only real reward. The reward now it's the elite dungeon, and 3 items only a 71 can equip.

The issue that I have is the attitudes of some. They feel that STS owes them something. STS did not need to tell them the new helm would not have stats, or give a set bonus with MFA, or SoH. STS decided instead to give us a new dungeon, with elite weapons. They went in a new direction, explained the reasoning, and a month later people are still complaining. At some point they need to accept facts, and move on. In my case, I capped one toon at 56, 61, & 66. My other two I only capped at 66. I too assumed the new helm would make a set bonus. I was disappointed when it didn't, but I accept the responsibility for having not capped the others. I actually like the idea of the new dungeon. A long as they don't make the elite dungeon plat based, I'm good.
    I like your positive way of thinking. And you are right, there are times where people's demands become unreasonable; I understand that it's impossible to keep everyone happy, ofc.

About the rest, I have already expressed my opinions so no point repeating myself. My intention here was to discuss a specific (and interesting) argument, for the sake of constructive criticism.

Personally, I don't mind if they introduce a paid dungeon or make any other changes as long as these changes enhance my overall gaming experience; as any other gamer I would like to feel respected both as a customer and individual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    ... as any other gamer I would like to feel respected both as a customer and individual.
    Agree with this. And people feel misled and ripped off by what happened.

btw - your Forum name ROCKS!! LOL
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I never expected my MFA to bonus with any other items, but i at LEAST expect Monarch+future elites to have sparkles if not bonuses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    im going to sue God cuz i didnt get a chance to fight in the US civil war
    if u want i will start another us civil war and u can get all the medals u want

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

This is one reason I quit playing. There is NO incentive.

Im actually dissapointed that I spent money on this ****.