Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: NEW FORGOTTEN WEAPONS (Twinks Only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I find this all hilarious considering the level 10 PVP contest was won by Buddyf tearing up us SBL wielders with a grey bling flinger. Do you think he is complaining right now? He is probably doing what you should be doing which is find a way to beat these!
    LOL Anyone can beat these. Why not just go from half noob to full noob and tell us all to farm these too? Noob. I can destroy all of these with my own bow. Does that mean I want these super OP, easy to get bows around? Nope. Do you guys even do low level? Seriously? If they ever make a super OP set that's easy to get for endgame I think I'll return the favor and try to keep it from being nerfed, just like you guys are for low level with these bows. You guys remind me of the noobs who want the XP changed to get to 71 from 100,000 to 1,000. That way, everyones on a fair playing field, right? Noobs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    LOL Anyone can beat these. Why not just go from half noob to full noob and tell us all to farm these too? Noob. I can destroy all of these with my own bow. Does that mean I want these super OP, easy to get bows around? Nope. Do you guys even do low level? Seriously? If they ever make a super OP set that's easy to get for endgame I think I'll return the favor and try to keep it from being nerfed, just like you guys are for low level with these bows. You guys remind me of the noobs who want the XP changed to get to 71 from 100,000 to 1,000. That way, everyones on a fair playing field, right? Noobs...
    im thinking about making a 10
    i use to have pink ornament and talon both lvl 10 but i sold them since i didnt want a merch character anymore
    made a profit of 250k ^.^

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Such a mature way to add to the discussion. Such wonderful insight and detailed analysis from your experiences.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

How is this still going.
    Are you kidding me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I'm bored so let's look at the new update from the eyes of Jon Bon Jovi....

"Ohohoh you beg to nerf twiiinking, nerf twinking is what you need....

Ohohoh they shook it up with new weapons, now STS has ruined pvp!"

Maybe make a low level twink and try it out before you make such comments.

Gotta love how ignorant high levels are.

Can't wait for the day when they introduce purple drops that does twice what your 70 sets do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Maybe make a low level twink and try it out before you make such comments.

Gotta love how ignorant high levels are.

Can't wait for the day when they introduce purple drops that does twice what your 70 sets do.
    How do you know I don't have multiple toons below lvl 20? You assume that just because thise of us who post are only high levels when in fact, many of us have been twinking for quite a while.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Such a mature way to add to the discussion. Such wonderful insight and detailed analysis from your experiences.
    Well people act like this is controversial. This is in no way controversial. These need nerfed, even if after the nerf they still overpower WF items. Look at the damage on them, it's ridiculous. Even if STS got a wild hair and decided to make an easy to farm "super weapon", they should still realize the next day the error in their ways. Yet for some reason, the nerfing of these weapons is "controversial". Ask anyone on forums, I'm not exactly a "pro" yet I have gear that is very close to top gear (purple WF item instead of pink, out of choice). So maybe I'm a little bit biased towards the nerfing side because I have some value in WF items. My value in WF items is now tiny compared to how many of these new super weapons I have. Maybe I go a bit too far with words, but this is ridiculous. The people who want these to stay at this damage are mostly just noobs who rushed everyone with their new super weapon and know that if their new best friend got nerfed, they would either have to go spend some time farming to buy some real weapons, or take a beating every game they join in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Well people act like this is controversial. This is in no way controversial. These need nerfed, even if after the nerf they still overpower WF items. Look at the damage on them, it's ridiculous. Even if STS got a wild hair and decided to make an easy to farm "super weapon", they should still realize the next day the error in their ways. Yet for some reason, the nerfing of these weapons is "controversial". Ask anyone on forums, I'm not exactly a "pro" yet I have gear that is very close to top gear (purple WF item instead of pink, out of choice). So maybe I'm a little bit biased towards the nerfing side because I have some value in WF items. My value in WF items is now tiny compared to how many of these new super weapons I have. Maybe I go a bit too far with words, but this is ridiculous. The people who want these to stay at this damage are mostly just noobs who rushed everyone with their new super weapon and know that if their new best friend got nerfed, they would either have to go spend some time farming to buy some real weapons, or take a beating every game they join in PvP.
    I promise you I am no "noob". I have my fair share of 2010 and 2011 WF items and I could honestly care less about the new drops and weapons. Why? Because, for the most part, people are having fun farming weapons and trying to earn FREE vanity shields. I also treat games just as they are: games.

The moment I start getting all pissed off and upset as others have been the last few days, then I am out. If it's no longer fun, then it's no longer a game.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

How do you know I don't have multiple toons below lvl 20? You assume that just because thise of us who post are only high levels when in fact, many of us have been twinking for quite a while.
    Still ignorant if you believe updates like this can be justified.

And no it's not just about fun and it's not about players complaining about their worthless gear now.

Any person who has played a real mmo can agree with me that constant updates like these kills the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Would it still not be a fun filled event if these weapons were toned down a bit? I think it would be, especially since they will still have the nice "discontinued" sticker on them after a week. Speaking of discontinued, Lwmark has some updating to do on his thread over discontinued items... A lot of work, in about a week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

been twinking for over 2 years

i see no problems

go play 2 years ago where whoever multi touched first got the kill
    yea, yea, yea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadesofshadow View Post

i see no problems

So have I.
    Perhaps it's because you got too used to the old style of fast PvP.
    I don't like endgame because it is too fast. Twinking is where it's at. It's not....bad, it's just...too fast.

I'm actually just arguing because you keep posting the same thing. Have fun bro. This thread basically should be dead now. Crimson, can you lock it? Or can GoAs only lock their own thread. I forget.
    Last edited by Pimpslide; 08-18-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadesofshadow View Post

i see no problems

It's not just about this update.

If STS receives a positive response from the community for this update then they will likely repeat and give us similar content releases in the future.

Unless it's what everyone wants...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpslide View Post
    So have I.
    Perhaps it's because you got too used to the old style of fast PvP.
    I don't like endgame because it is too fast. Twinking is where it's at. It's not....bad, it's just...too fast.

I'm actually just arguing because you keep posting the same thing. Have fun bro. This thread basically should be dead now.
    Skill damage is not proportionate to hp at end game.

All they have to do is double/triple our hp to fix the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Still ignorant if you believe updates like this can be justified.

And no it's not just about fun and it's not about players complaining about their worthless gear now.

Any person who has played a real mmo can agree with me that constant updates like these kills the game.
    From dictionary.com:

ig·no·rant   [ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPA
    adjective
    lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
    lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
    uninformed; unaware.
    due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.
    Most of the people who have posted their OPINION on this topic are far from ignorant. You feel as if this is an absolute and it is far from that.

These threads are no longer productive and the last two pages are nothing but a troll-fest. If you have anything to discuss with me, feel free to pm me. Otherwise, peace out peeps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Skill damage is not proportionate to hp at end game.

All they have to do is double/triple our hp to fix the problem.
    I don't really see why they don't raise hp each time you level. Str should have a higher health raise and dex should have a higher damage raise, but not enough to overpower the str health raise. That way it would be a tough decision on whether or not to go hybrid.

Or, OR, OR, the higher level you get, the more that stat points benefit you. For example, 5 dex at level 10 would be worth 1 or 2 damage, while 5 dex at level 71 would be worth 5 or 6 damage. 5 str at level 10 would be worth 10 or 20 health, and at level 71, perhaps 40 or 50. These aren't what I want, but I include them to give an example.

The way the game functions is very basic and simple, I guess, that's why it's so popular. No serious math needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

From dictionary.com:

Most of the people who have posted their OPINION on this topic are far from ignorant. You feel as if this is an absolute and it is far from that.

These threads are no longer productive and the last two pages are nothing but a troll-fest. If you have anything to discuss with me, feel free to pm me. Otherwise, peace out peeps!
    Before you peace out. Please lock the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

You sound like one of those typical players that begs for everything in game and believes everything should be given and nothing should be worked for.

STS finally spoiled you and made this game easy. Happy now?

send me a pm in game i'm out

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Can we stop calling people noobs here? There is no one deserving of this honor in this thread!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Can we stop calling people noobs here? There is no one deserving of this honor in this thread!
    Sorry, what? I'm not totally getting the meaning of the sentence you just typed.
    Also. Grats on 4337 which look fairly close to the 1337.