Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DPS or Damage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil View Post
    It is because of the very thing we are discussing, DPS. An electrorazer could fire probably 1.2x as fast as a nova, so in 5 shots of a nova you could get 6 off a razer, so even with a nova having 10 damage over razer, a razer would produce like 50 more damage in those 5 nova shots than the nova itself would've in those 5 shots, because if a nova does 10 more it would be +50 over razer, but that is in 5 shots, while the razer would get 6 shots, doing 100 damage per shot, which would be 50 more than the nova did. It is a VERY slim difference, but a difference all the same. Now with PvP, the nova would surpass razer due to the function of damage = higher damage with skills, and the fact you only have to focus on 1v1 most of the time. As you said before with crit, crit is a %, a probablility of it working. We only worked with guarantees.
    Totally agree with Zao

My 2cents to explanation from operative point of view:

In PvP time running is running fast and armor melting down even faster (at least for us, ops) so:

1) shield is critical accessory (you can't use stims)

2) each skill is important as it's 1-1 and yo opponent also actively uses them

3) each shot must be max dmg as it could be your last one

4) crits are essential for ops (with primed coil, zevon and imp i can get as much as 54..)

In PvE it's a bit different:

1) you share aggro with team and use stims so shield is less important

2) skills are not that important in terms of damage .... with napalm carabine i use them only for tactical matters - buffs/debuffs and lurch to push a dog away or a scorn out of shielded area - as the damage and bonuses of napalm (fire, stun, aoe) are more preferrable even over my dota ones (and in each 'turn' you can either use skill or shoot a shot)

3) each-shot dmg is less important as you can heal to last your life/time

4) criticals are less important as you have backup from yo team

To sum up:

Primed coil = best PvP kills (at least fr ops, as we rely on our crits)

Napalm = jet-farming Hive (especially if the whole team uses it)

I think it's similar for any other class, though if i was a com, i'd prefer Dark Matter series as coms have enough armor/hp anyway

P.S.

Also i like war augers v4 - maaaaaad dps which kills scorns almost as good as napalm (tho aoe of napalm makes it more useful)
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 08-20-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Mhmm if skills are being used , higher base damage win regardless of pve or pvp. Which is why people used to switch to rifles at boss back in the day. Now I'm thinking if auto fire is only considered then dps should win or am I mistaken ?

Side note : with the new weapons higher crit seems to be working the best.as for pvp the tempest and napalm have minimum range ( 6m ) so they can be easily kited against . just something u guys should keep in mind