Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A Few Ideas (for everything)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Thanks Junside, there are some good ideas in here!

Unfortunately we need to take a look at what Dark Legends is when thinking on these ideas. They're quite on the level and we have definitely had similar discussions here at the studio when it came to classes, and toying with skill trees. What it comes down to is what Dark Legends as a game offers is in our suite of games, and what Dark Legends is supposed to be. The answer to that, is comparatively speaking it's a bit more casual and playable in bite sized chunks.

Providing all the players with the same abilities but the option to shuffle and use them as they see fit acts as our middle ground wherein we don't overload players but provide some depth for the players who wish to dive deeper. We also definitely have some elements in the game that are more "hardcore gamer" oriented, but those exist in places that don't effect the overall progression of the player through the game for a majority of the experience.

Will we see classes in the future? Possibly, but not in the cookie cutter mold that exists in games like Diablo and Wow. It's more likely that what would fit Dark Legends would be another supernatural class of some kind and they have their own suite of abilities and likeness. A warring faction like humans or werewolves for example. I'd love to do something like this eventually, but time and resources are a bottleneck since most of the design and implementable development is mostly me at this point.

While I like the idea of weapon proficiency in RPGs and it certainly could apply to Dark Legends, I want to allow players to pick up the weapons that serve them best and look cool on their characters. Limiting this by forcing a player down a weapon path, and then having them pay real coin to respec when they want to shift their mastery to accommodate the new weapon they got I feel doesn't fit the game.

In regards to life stealing, that could actually be very doable now with the idea of Relic's that will be available starting with the level 31 expansion. Relic's will have a built in chance to "proc" or perform special attacks which have secondary effects like stun, knockback, and life steal. I would not be surprised to this and similar ideas in the future.

Good feedback and ideas, but as you can see it's in a bit of a different direction than is intended for Dark Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

Will we see classes in the future? Possibly, but not in the cookie cutter mold that exists in games like Diablo and Wow. It's more likely that what would fit Dark Legends would be another supernatural class of some kind and they have their own suite of abilities and likeness. A warring faction like humans or werewolves for example. I'd love to do something like this eventually, but time and resources are a bottleneck since most of the design and implementable development is mostly me at this point.

Good feedback and ideas, but as you can see it's in a bit of a different direction than is intended for Dark Legends
    Werewolves! Very cool! Would definitely love to have a werewolf toon along with my vampires!

As far as classes and the vampires go, I prefer things the way they are. Playstyle can be determined by choice of powers and gems equiped. Overall I like the way the tree is laid out and the passives. It would be nice if the power level limits were a bit more liberal to make it easier to focus down one branch if that were what you prefered, thus allowing a tree that could more clearly define playstyle.. ie.. melee dps, ranged dps, spellcaster, healer etc..