Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite quest is dumb.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well so far, 60 or so runs, 45 ichors collected. Chances are I will not be able complete this in one week when it expires which really sucks. I wish the quest was designed more for those who have reached 71 and not so much that it's only for those who have nothing but time on their hands to get this. I've done about 35 runs of mystery mash which was pretty hard because no one wanted to do it or knew how to do it properly. Not a single drop from all those runs. Its nearly not even worth it for those who have grinder their way to 71. If I can't do this quest, I will be highly deterred from trying to reach the next cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Just curious but what are the shadow armor quests? I only started playing in February, and I did the quests for the Mystery set (twice) and the Cyber set, but don't remember a shadow armor quest. I remember part of the cyber quest had something to do with shadow, but the quest reward was the cyber items. Was there a quest that was discontinued?
    My mistake it's that quest where you had to kill a certain number of shadows in the captive audience map. I think it was part of cyber but it was so long ago I'm a little bit fuzzy on details. Im tired and wasn't thinkg straight. Any how every time I started a map, i would have a bunch of ppl join who would immediately start opening the (pods?) and we'd be trying to fight 4 o pr 5 monsters at once. Got tired of getting killed so I started to lock and solo.

Back on topic, even some of the most dedicated players in my guild are giving this quest a pass. However scizaratek hasn't been on lately, and he's really obsessed with completing quests. So he might do it, and fusion has made really good progress from what I've been told, however since I haven't seen him I can't vouch for his reported total of 125/500.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    There seems to be a a quest where if you kill some boss a couple thousand time you are given an elite weapon. That is work, not a game. Where is the thrill of chance? This has probably been mentioned before in a more eloquent way, but I just got back from spending four days with the future in-laws so do not have the time or energy to use the search.
    ...... For those of you that want the New Set of Elite Weapons but don't want to put on the effort for it, let me say this from some experience in Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike: Source.

Less QQ, MOAR Pew Pew!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Why are Asians so good at this quest (no racism intended)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I agree this quest is nuts. No one will be able to finish it. They think they may,

They will get SO bored of it that they will give up. Thousands of runs just for one item no way!

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Subscriber View Post
    Why are Asians so good at this quest (no racism intended)?
    Because the last quest was biased towards black people. The quest before that white people were best. This time it's Asian. I heard the next quest will be more for Hispanic people.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Patricks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I did a couple of runs but the reward and boring lvl design is not enough to keep me entertained. Started lvling another alt to 71.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Maybe u just hate it cuz im so unlucky like everyone heres like oh i did 60 runs and got 45 ichors, in game my friend did 48 runs got 45 ichors
    Both pretty high rates but mine wont even go to half; 75 runs and 21 ichors? Not even 1/3
    Idk but its not really fun as a game should be it either needs to be constant or a much lower number...
    Its discouraging rather than chalenging

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I don't mind running the same map 1000 times. Done it before, will do it again, with or without an elite weapon at the end. I think that what most peeps find frustrating is the low drop rate of these Ichors, well, it's Elite so I guess it should be kind of hard and require dedication but I can understand the frustration (I am frustrated as well but that's the game I reckon).

However, I have two probs:

1) I have 4 71s and I consider myself hardcore player despite the Exlirs (i.e. most of them have capped numerous times, all of them have over 40k kills - including one at 110k or so - and I have many other toons as well). I am currently running this quest on my mage but I would have loved to be able to do this with at least two or three of my mains. If this quest disapears when the cap is raised, I will not be able to do so (despite putting in a lot of time in PL).

2) These Elite weapons are lvl71 weapons. I guess they will be obsolette fairly quickly wen the new gear comes out. This could be a problem no?
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jugernugetx View Post
    I agree this quest is nuts. No one will be able to finish it. They think they may,

They will get SO bored of it that they will give up. Thousands of runs just for one item no way!
    Challenge Accepted.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

I've done a bunch of runs now, so I feel like I can comment on this quest. First, I think it's a good idea that STS is adding another "quest for gear" like cyber. Unfortunately, they decided to make it a limited time only event. You guys should make a standing gear quest like cyber sometime soon for those who aren't buying top of the line crafted stuff and don't have an angel set to fall back on.

Second, I think this quest design needs some work. From what I can tell, the drop rate of ichors is 50%. We're supposed to collect 500. This means you have decided that this quest reward should "cost" about 1000 runs. There are two ways you can require 1000 runs. One is to make it 100% drop and set number to collect to 1000. The other is what you did, with the random element of chance on 500 to collect.

I believe the quest would be psychologically more palatable if you just made it a 100% drop to collect 1000. Sure it's still boring, but at least people would know what they're in for and could plan accordingly. As it stands now, every time there's a cold streak people get very discouraged. Also, the randomness encourages people spreading rumors about what makes it "drop more". I've heard a whole bunch of nonsense in my runs, and even people who know that "random is just random" can fool themselves into believing there's some kind of secret they can figure out to beat the system.

If you're really determined to have a random element to the quest, then do it with both upside and downside. The quest at it stands right now has only downside. Either you get 1 drop (which is what you expect) or you get nothing (which only serves to annoy and demoralize when it happens a few times in a row). Instead, you could have made the quest to collect 1000, but with equal chance to get drops of zero, one or two. The math still works out to needing 1000 runs on average, but with this design the player sometimes gets nothing but sometimes get a double drop, i.e. an unexpected GOOD event to help take the edge off the bad ones.

The other thing you really need to do is give a very clear indication of how long until the quest ends. Since this is the first time (that I know of) that PL has a time-limited quest, you run the risk of really souring people by breaking their expectations. I can imagine the hue and cry that will rise up from those who get 300+ of these things only to have the quest vaporize out from under them. Remember how angry people were about the mount fang armor not making a set with the humania item? Remember how ripped off they felt spending plat to elixir up for a "worthless" item? You have the potential for a much greater backlash with this expensive, long quest coupled with an indeterminate end date. Be very careful here, STS.
    Last edited by Fusionstrike; 09-11-2012 at 11:49 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I agree, it's like grinding to L72 with 200k xp.
    Why is it called Elite according to you? xD

Since i'm not even 71, I don't feel angry about that quest lol^^
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chickenrunnn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The quest should still be present after update imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakax View Post

2) These Elite weapons are lvl71 weapons. I guess they will be obsolette fairly quickly wen the new gear comes out. This could be a problem no?
    I would think the weapons would be comparable or even better, being Elite, than the new level 71 scaled gear. So they might still have a use in PvP.

Even if they dont all gear eventually does become obsolete so that shouldnt be a problem. People who took the time to get this done would still wear the items proudly (if they looked better)
    Lupiv 71 Bear Hatyara 71 Bird Liverpoolfan 71 Mage

Founding Member of COT

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lUp3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Why is it called Elite according to you? xD

Since i'm not even 71, I don't feel angry about that quest lol^^
    J don't understand your question, chicken? I never called it elite?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Wait what? It ends? But I'm still grinding to 71! ah well, I won't make it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patricks View Post
    Because the last quest was biased towards black people. The quest before that white people were best. This time it's Asian. I heard the next quest will be more for Hispanic people.
    Mmm this is true, I'll put some thought into it next time. ;D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Yeah, when Blacksmoke Mountain comes out, The Fire Forest will become the town for the new expansion and the Dragonet will be no more. At least, that is how I understand the current plan.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #138
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Yeah, when Blacksmoke Mountain comes out, The Fire Forest will become the town for the new expansion and the Dragonet will be no more. At least, that is how I understand the current plan.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I wish they could see that we liked the style of cyber quests how they were
    If its not broke dont fix it

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Double post