Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is Classy Looter like this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Getting pink drops is never easy & very unpredictable. I'm still not sure about how great this "Classy" looter works, its pretty expensive for an add-on elixer. I was happy the last time I used it though, I had dropped a Black Dragon Mage armor on Shamrock elixer alone & then wanted the helm to go with it.

So I paired Shamrock plus Classy looter (not cheap!! 80 plat Sham + 60 Classy equals 140 plat for 60 mins...premium run!) to up my odds of dropping a Black Dragon int helm or another armor in the Blacksmoke Mountain Fire Forest..That way I don't get dex stuff or bear pinks. It actually worked! Was shocked but I was really happy about that. I don't say it always works right away but when it does, it's really nice.
    Last edited by slaveleia; 09-14-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Maine and Florida and USA and North America and the US and Earth and...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Even if this was true... You could re roll a grey that requires 10 dexterity into a pink that requires 150 strength. It would go both ways, so it wouldnt decrease chances of a pink.
    Say if on a random run there was an average of 2% of a drop per pink. There is one dex drop, one str drop, and one int drop. That is a total of 6% for a pink. If you have an int character then that would drop the percentage back to 2%. I do see your point. Mine is just a theory so you could be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    I hope that was legible, Ive been studying up on Noobish and I think Im getting pretty good. Almost fluent.
    It probably wasn't.
    Last edited by Melancholy; 09-14-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Less than two months from the last piece!!! SO SAD!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The only time it ever was useful to me was in the Forgotten dungeon. I would get a shamus plus the classy lotter elixer and then every single drop would be a pink bow. The other players were like WTF!! Just to have fun with it I would yell "pink bow!!" every time right before we killed Fragx and then there would be a pink bow for me. It was pretty funny. But on most other maps I can hardly see a use for this elixer. If you get a pink item for another class instead, just sell or trade it for the one you want. If it cost 10 plat then maybe it would be worth it. But considering it costs 60, you can get 3 shamus elixers for the same price and would do much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

@ Melancholy-
    IF ther was a 2% chance of pink, the fact that you had an int based character would NOT alter the drop rate up or down. if that were true then tri stat toons would get more pinks than others statistically

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

It would actually be usefull if all new players started with one, cuz since you basically use every new drop you get till about level 20 or so