Thread: What do you think will be the best class in pvp and why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Well it is all about actual skills in the end but assuming by the images we have received I have a few thoughts based on other MMO games which I have played.

Sorcerer seems to have an advantage over warrior and rogue since by the info we have received it seems that sorcerer is the only class which has ranged type of weapon (wand). Sorcerers seem to be the ultimate kiting class because of it and sort of "birds" what we have in PL. But I still assume that Sorcerers do have some kind of mana shield ability (it is in every single MMO with a mage/priest kind of character) and I also assume that because of these two reasons (ranged wep + a "shield") sorcerers r going to have the least armor and hp. Usually Sorcerers have mediocre crit and bad dodge as their skills are already powerful. As we have seen from PL high mage crit has just lead end game PvP to be totally unbalanced in Mages favor. Not to mention that by our current info Sorcerers r the only class with a ranged weapon. High crit, shield, only ranged wep and high damage skills = so freaking op.

Warriors usually have some sort of "gathering" skill (= beckon) or a skill which rushes straight to the enemy. Alongside with highest hp and armor there usually comes the least powerful skills in term of damage but the CC-skills (crowd control) offer a warrior pretty neat survival skills in PvP. Warriors usually have high dodge to endure PvE CCing and that high dodge can turn any fight around, making the warrior the most annoying and unpredictable opponent. Easiest class to begin PvPing fo sho since u can just rely on dodging and spamming skills in no particular order. Drag enemy close/jump/run to the enemy and smash melee skills. Gf.

Rogue. This might be the most interesting class for STS veterans as this is the first class out of class specific STS games (SL and PL) in which the high single damage character doesn't have a ranged weapon. I assume that AL Rogue will be a traditional type of Rogue with stuns, stuns, STUNS, debuffs and devastating single target damage skills. Rogue is going to be the most deadly close combat character in AL but the only problem there is is that how do they get close to enemy? I assume a trapping skill like thorn root in PL could be an option but I can hardly imagine an invisibility type of buff since it would result Rogues to be incredible powerful in rushing. Join a game - invisibility - whacks unsuspecting enemies with deadly close range skills. Too op for pvp as the pvp maps have always been arena kind of areas. Rogues tend to have high crit and mediocre dodge. High crit to make the fast and devastating blows and as the most "agile" class Rogue tends to have some dodge. With the highest single target damage Rogues tends to be squishy and that extra dodge is needed. Rogue is going to be the most difficult class to begin PvPing as it requires very planned combos and situational reactions. Ofc if Rogues can use bows, it will turn the table once again.

Ofc these r only assumptions since we don't rly know a squat about the game. There r so many things which we do not know which have a huge effect in PvP (ranges, skill trees, other classes items available to use, actual skills, etc.) but one thing is certain: With 3 completely different classes the PvP will be unbalanced. There is always a class which stands out the rest especially in the endgame (mages in PL and engis in SL). Not to mention the lack of maintaining the PvP balance by STS. If things r going to stay the same way which it has been for around 2 and a half year, AL PvP is going to be unbalanced as well. There's no telling yet which class is going to be the op class, but if I had to bet, it would be Sorcerer just because Mages and Engis rule the other 2 STS games' end game PvP.
    Last edited by dudetus; 10-08-2012 at 05:03 PM.