Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feeling elite?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I think the word that many of you are looking for is "cheap". It's a cheap achievement, It's a cheap way to level up, It's a cheap way to get ahead of others, It's a cheap way to attain elite status, etc. It's cheap period...let's cut the chase and stop beating around the bush, shall we?

I think it is cheap...but...there's a saying, a lie told often enough becomes the truth...in this case, cheapness replaces lie Just have to accept that "truth" as far as this game is concerned...if you cannot swallow that...that's a big problem. I assure you though, that this is not the only game...you do not have to force yourself to swallow this if you feel it's against your gaming mantra (or whatever you call it LOL).

It's obvious that casual players (who's willing to spend) dominate the game which explains a lot of things in this game...the rushing concept, the inclination to easy difficulty, etc. So if you're someone who looks for challenge and what some people coin as "true" MMORPG, then this is not the game for you...you should be looking at the top titles out there in the PC market...this game is obviously catering casuals...the ones that play just to enjoy...so expect the game to be attuned to that kind of culture...the hardcore purists are a minority here, the ones that likes to push themselves to the limit, "the old school" mmorpgers as what many writers coin them. Casuals will never understand how purists think and vice versa, oil and water. For casuals, they think purists are selfish and no-lifers etc., and purists think casuals are noobs or cheap that just became gamers yesterday, etc...this is classic scenario, it just so happened that people ranting now are purists who are in a casual or loose game environment...but I've seen forums where casuals are in a hardcore setting and they complain about difficulty and cry for nerfs every 30minutes...so it's a matter of being at the right game, being able to adapt, and fitting in. Nobody is to blame except you if you decide to stay here and rage/cry/rant, while you know you have other options Remember, it's still just a game, you tell the game how you want to play, not the other way around...
    Last edited by vampinoy; 10-22-2012 at 10:57 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vampinoy For This Useful Post: