Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember: It is rude to rush a public map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Default Remember: It is rude to rush a public map

Some things must be said. Some people apparently need it said. You would think it needn't be said.

It's rude to rush a public map.

I've seen it twice in the last 4 hours: level 45s in low levels rushing the public maps. Folks, when you see this, stop and say that it is rude. Be nice, but explain it. Level 45s have to behave as guest in public places. Being level 45 does not give them the right to behave likes boors. It doesn't come with any special responsibilities either. Standard courtesy is all anyone asks. And if someone is being discourteous, and it's not anything the devs can object to, then we must speak.

Maybe they're young and simply haven't learned about simple courtesy. So speak out.

OK, back to happy gaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's even ruder for low lvls 1-25 ish to join those games IMO. I have seen this a lot recently. Most of the time it's a lvl 45 on an alt. They barely help at all on the normal bad guys and either die instantly at the boss, rush in or stay back.

Either way they are forcing u to power level them and wasting space that could be used by a higher lvl friend. It wasnt as bad with respawning lvls. Now u have to time the dungeon creation perfectly with ur group standing outside the grate or noobs follow u in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IMO the high levels joining and rushing is a lot more annoying than the leeches. At least with the leeches it's fun to continually set them up to gain aggro so they die.
    However, a 45 joining and suddenly rushing ahead.. Later when the lowers clear the trash mobs and get to the boss, and find it gone.. Really dumb. Just make your own game if you wanna rush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Snakespeare, I only want to say this. It's quicker then clearing the whole map, plus you finished the quest. I am guilty of this but I dont do it on public games. I make my own games. Now training my next character, I have seen this happen. It's pretty much like kiting the boss, but on a much larger scale, especially if the lower lvls follow. My first word of advice to lower lvls is tell them or just boot them if ur the game host. Don't just let it happen. My next word of advice is, if he doesn't listen, don't follow. They will attract way to much attention and they will put it on your shoulders. But if this didn't happen, this thread wouldn't be needed. HIGHER LVLS, DONT RUSH PUBLIC GAMES. MAKE YOUR OWN GAME.

Survivorfan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hmm.. And Its PUBLIC for instance Anyone can use public drinking fountains, Public librarys, Public Urinals etc
    What if someone is taking a crap in a public restroom? and is makin obnoxious noises? Do u tell them to stop? Ofc not! Because You HATE akward positions... is he rude? no, he just needs to Eat less.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hate this lv45 rushing boss too. In the new hidden frozen map I was playing on my lv30 pally, and I had to tell level 45s to not rush a couple times cause it's rude. They just said "whaaauuut, derdader whyyyyy? I'm shtuupid..." basically. Though they did end up killing the enemies too instead of just boss.
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Thanks for letting us know snake And I totally agree if you want to rush a low lvl map make your own locked game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Snake, I really like you, but this is kinda overdoing it. I play videogames to escape the chains of real world expectiations. I play videogames to feel like a badass mo-fo' that can do whatever the hell he wants. I DON'T play videogames to have people tell me how I should act in a virtual environment. If I wanna run into a dungeon, rush to the boss, and rape it with my sexy shiv before any of the lowbies partying with me get there, I WILL DO SO. I'll be polite at work, I'll be polite at the store, I'll be polite on the bus, BUT I WILL NOT BE POLITE IN A VIDEOGAME. I'm gonna keep running around like Samuel L. Jackson's fro', destroying every single thing that moves. Even if some guy that's controlling a virtual avatar finds it "rude".

Obviously, this is just my opinion. I'd rather not get into an argument with someone I find to be awesome possum (As many of you know, I go all out), but I felt that I needed to post my feelings towards this. So don't take it personal.

Oh, and I haven't had a JT Ice X-bow drop for me yet, but a Shivering Ice X-bow did (way better stats). So if you want that, hit me up in-game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol no wonder "banned" is your motto, how many times have you been banned for something? Lol
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaabob View Post
    Lol no wonder "banned" is your motto, how many times have you been banned for something? Lol
    "Banned" is my motto? I wasn't even aware.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Snake, I really like you, but this is kinda overdoing it. I play videogames to escape the chains of real world expectiations. I play videogames to feel like a badass mo-fo' that can do whatever the hell he wants. I DON'T play videogames to have people tell me how I should act in a virtual environment. If I wanna run into a dungeon, rush to the boss, and rape it with my sexy shiv before any of the lowbies partying with me get there, I WILL DO SO. I'll be polite at work, I'll be polite at the store, I'll be polite on the bus, BUT I WILL NOT BE POLITE IN A VIDEOGAME. I'm gonna keep running around like Samuel L. Jackson's fro', destroying every single thing that moves. Even if some guy that's controlling a virtual avatar finds it "rude".

Obviously, this is just my opinion. I'd rather not get into an argument with someone I find to be awesome possum (As many of you know, I go all out), but I felt that I needed to post my feelings towards this. So don't take it personal.

Oh, and I haven't had a JT Ice X-bow drop for me yet, but a Shivering Ice X-bow did (way better stats). So if you want that, hit me up in-game.
    As FluffNStuff I will second this, HunnyHunter will Put it up for a vote, HunnyTanker will ratify it and HunnySniper will enact it. So no, you are not the only one!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"Banned" is my motto? I wasn't even aware.
    It's in yr name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It's in yr name
    It's not "in" my name. It IS my name.

And name/motto, two totally different things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

yeah i must admit I'm too modern and young to care about my etiquette in a video game.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's not "in" my name. It IS my name.

And name/motto, two totally different things.
    +1

I second the long paragraph

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey banned..nicely said..and by the way you're not the only one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I am confused. How could anyone possibly disagree? A level 45 goes through a magic portal in Dark Forest and runs past the mobs to the boss, kills it and leaves. How is this not rude?

I am not talking about that other stuff.

Magic portals lead to public amps. Rushing in public maps is rude.

In public, please use manners. If it makes you not like me that I point this out, then so be it. I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As many of yous have said "I can do whatever I want in a videogame cause I'm tired of my nonlife, blahblah" this is true(following the terms of service of course). However the original post was about how "rude" it is to rush and kill boss on a public map. Just because you can do what you want doesn't make it any less rude to all dem poor noobers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

As many of yous have said "I can do whatever I want in a videogame cause I'm tired of my nonlife, blahblah" this is true(following the terms of service of course). However the original post was about how "rude" it is to rush and kill boss on a public map. Just because you can do what you want doesn't make it any less rude to all dem poor noobers.
    Well, my argument was mainly stating how etiquette, in my opinion, doesn't even exist/matter when we are talking about the physical actions of someone in a virtual environment.

To me, claiming that something like that is "rude", is just as (for lack of a better word) stupid as when someone says that kiting is "cowardly".

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, my argument was mainly stating how etiquette, in my opinion, doesn't even exist/matter when we are talking about the physical actions of someone in a virtual environment.

To me, claiming that something like that is "rude", is just as (for lack of a better word) stupid as when someone says that kiting is "cowardly".

That is a valid point i suppose. Generally I try to stay away from gaming philosophy, just thought I would try my brain on this one.