Quote Originally Posted by Montanabro View Post
Good stuff. This is helpful to read as I think ahead to tanking with private groups. I trust you used Whirlwind and Smash as yoru two attacks? And how was Rally Cry instead of Horn? That seems like an awful lot of health pots but perhaps there is no way around it as a tank.
I actually went full defensive... juggernaut, rally cry, horn of renew, and windmill. I'm not saying it was the best idea but my goal was to basically just try to hold aggro and survive and rely on my teammates for more of the damage. Juggernaut health and 20% damage reduction lasts 15 seconds with 45 sec cool down, and rally cry +10% armor and +25% dodge lasts 12 seconds with 20 second cool down. So what I would do is cycle them. Rally cry for 12 seconds, then juggernaut for 15 seconds, then rally cry is ready again for 12 seconds then wait a few seconds and repeat.

I kind of needed the horn of renew for the taunt, being able to taunt every 15 seconds was crucial. The mage and rogue I was with would die in seconds if they got aggro. If I were to drop anything it would be juggernaut since it's got the long cooldown.

One thing I'd like to try is staggering blow, the chest splitter upgrade for it's ability to interrupt an enemies windup attack. If I could of stopped the bosses from using their big attack every 3 seconds I would of saved myself 150+ health potions. I just don't know if it's guarnteed to work and how hard it is to get the timing right.