lol. ok let me explain. Fireball the reason i say dont use skorch is because with GF and Fireball your opponents spend most of the time on the ground. use fireball then spam your weapon attack until they stand up and GF. just rinse repeat till dead.

Lightning the reason i dont use Electrical Discharge is because it says enemies Slain by lightning, when in a group of mobs im spamming my AOE/GF/Sorc weapon AOEs and not really using lightning. and even if i do i dont kill mobs often enough to let the 15-25% chance really be effective. i use lightning against bosses. its just uber sauce powerful and with a quick CD it destroys.

lifegiver i feel the mana/hp regen are well worth it, even if in the middle of a fight you use it, you still get 1-3 skills before the mana goes away, and 1-3 AOEs can finish a fight.

i solo with my sorc all the time, Lifegivier and the utter destruction AOEs and lightning cause help a ton. when soloing with a sorc you can never ever stop moving. thats the only way to do it