Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Message to Warriors and Elite Characters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Do anyone still take Ephesius posts seriously? Just ignore what they say and he'll get bored without the attention.

I believe he means, stays out of range and only uses those two skills. (Which I've seen)

Get in and dmg any boss from the back, instead of worrying about deaths.
    I stand back and use NOx/aimed/veil only because most pug tanks suck and it keeps me from pulling agro if they do indeed suck. No need to farm deaths

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous:892568
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Anyone else going to bring up what he also said?
    What is there to say about it?

I have been in quite a few parties as a non warrior where some rogue comes along with their DPS weapon and goes rogue on the mobs or some sorc goes in with their DPS weapon and then they get mad when they die but also in the process kill other non warriors.
    You told them to have less dps than the warrior. That's the problem. Rogues and mages are supposed to deal more damage over the warriors. If the rogues and mages aren't dishing out more damage than the warriors, than they aren't doing something right.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

You told them to have less dps than the warrior. That's the problem. Rogues and mages are supposed to deal more damage over the warriors. If the rogues and mages aren't dishing out more damage than the warriors, than they aren't doing something right.
    That is correct they should have more DPS than warriors and that is fine in PVP/PVE or when in a team with a tank that properly knows how to keep agro.

When you drop your rogue down to non L16 Elite weapons or your Sorc away from L16 Elite you are talking maybe seconds on the fight and in favor you keep yourself alive.

I have no issues on my warrior with people out DPSing my tank as I can properly keep the agro on me with skills e.g. Axe Throw and other taunts.

What I have an issue with is I drop down my DPS on my Rogue or attack slower same with my Sorc and others go running in out DPSing or Attacking the Warrior and either turning the agro towards them where the other sorc and rogues are or they end up scattering the agro as they try to save themselves from the death that means nothing anyways.
    AL - AGROCRAG - My guess is 12,345

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swagcity View Post
    I stand back and use NOx/aimed/veil only because most pug tanks suck and it keeps me from pulling agro if they do indeed suck. No need to farm deaths
    1. Why you using Veil in Elite? (While also standing out of range?!)

2. Run with an "Actual" Tank.

3. This will be the reason you will never become one of the "Best Elite Rogue"

Meh what's death count anyway?

Means you either have an unbelievable connection, with no lagg. Or decide to play Chrome all the time.

Not usually hard to stay if you have the correct amount of HP, awesome ping, and 1000's of HP pots.

(Lagg = Non responsive to pots = Death)

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

super duper hard to be a tank :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

As long as your armor is over 700, potion or other player's healing is not necessary anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    As long as your armor is over 700, potion or other player's healing is not necessary anymore.
    Even 500.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by primaeva View Post
    I tank for groups with my rogue, or invite a lowbie and solo Jarl in 75 seconds. /flex

It's not hard. Just blow cooldowns and maximize DPS, and use potions.
    Ah just spam pots. The one true solution to every aspect of character imbalance and power acquisition. Can't farm elites? Can't solo? Mauled in PVP? Gear sucks? Dumped by your boy/girlfriend? You know what to do... spam pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous:893109
    That is correct they should have more DPS than warriors and that is fine in PVP/PVE or when in a team with a tank that properly knows how to keep agro.

When you drop your rogue down to non L16 Elite weapons or your Sorc away from L16 Elite you are talking maybe seconds on the fight and in favor you keep yourself alive.

I have no issues on my warrior with people out DPSing my tank as I can properly keep the agro on me with skills e.g. Axe Throw and other taunts.

What I have an issue with is I drop down my DPS on my Rogue or attack slower same with my Sorc and others go running in out DPSing or Attacking the Warrior and either turning the agro towards them where the other sorc and rogues are or they end up scattering the agro as they try to save themselves from the death that means nothing anyways.
    I never had much trouble with agro on my mage or rogue in elite runs. Maybe we're all just good at the classes we like?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!