Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elite Jarl Rules of Engagement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    yh good rules dude. i usually follow these. if one dies one shouldnt respawn. coz he will bring mobs from bridge :-P
    If you run all the way up to the house where the mob in front of jarl is, thes guys from the bridge
    reset. Same goes for if someone drags them to you and you happen to get aggro from them. Run to
    that house to reset them. Easy fix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It doesn't work guys. A couple of the mobs from the bridge have a bow and they will come right to the end of the bridge, stop there and start shooting. I can be standing right in front of where Jarl is and they hit me from behind, and I'm dead instantly before I even saw it coming.

Yes, I can take the advise and not run with random groups. The result will be just a few Jarl runs per week as I have only had the opportunity to join a group that I know once every few days. Most of the time I play none of my good friends are online. In order for farming the elite dungeons to pay off, you have to put in a lot of time and gather a ton of chests. The only way I can get that done is to join random groups. So I came up with method of dealing with that. Yes, it means I leave quite a few games. But I can still get some done, which is better than standing around in town a few hours waiting for my buddies to all sign on at the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

They prolly loves you so much , it do work tho if those guys from the bridge chase you too far they will reset when u reach jarl , and those mobs with bow wont chase u that far only those spear guys . And a mage with ice really helps to group them for easier killing .
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It doesn't work guys. A couple of the mobs from the bridge have a bow and they will come right to the end of the bridge, stop there and start shooting. I can be standing right in front of where Jarl is and they hit me from behind, and I'm dead instantly before I even saw it coming.

Yes, I can take the advise and not run with random groups. The result will be just a few Jarl runs per week as I have only had the opportunity to join a group that I know once every few days. Most of the time I play none of my good friends are online. In order for farming the elite dungeons to pay off, you have to put in a lot of time and gather a ton of chests. The only way I can get that done is to join random groups. So I came up with method of dealing with that. Yes, it means I leave quite a few games. But I can still get some done, which is better than standing around in town a few hours waiting for my buddies to all sign on at the same time.
    Last edited by Lesmiserables; 12-31-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Hmmm, but being a sorcerer, you're actually also the only one who can save the group in style. Ice and Fireball stun those extra mobs!

... but, why bother. xD
    Looking for dedicated leaderboard players with a sense of perfectionism and patience. PM me on the forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by primaeva View Post
    Hmmm, but being a sorcerer, you're actually also the only one who can save the group in style. Ice and Fireball stun those extra mobs!

... but, why bother. xD
    I guess the point of my "rules" is that once one of those rules is broken, they all start to get broken and the game ends up lost half the time. Better off to leave before you die, which follows most of the time anyway. Yes, sometimes a player just makes an error and otherwise the game is still going fine. But often times someone has no idea what they're doing and ends up messing everything up.

Funniest thing ever was joining a Jarl run last night to see the warrior start fighting the first mobs right near the beginning. Of course after about 10 seconds they killed him, then the other 2 players called him a noob and left. I was just standing there laughing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yes, no warrior can keep aggro with me there. I hit too hard. My guild master Punish is one of the best warriors/tanks in the game, and I still pull aggro away from him on occasion on Jarl runs. But when I'm running with these random groups, I always pull aggro except on rare occasion when there is a really good rogue. I can handle pulling aggro from Jarl, What I cannot handle is mobs shooting their arrows at me from behind at the same time. Once I see the mobs coming from either direction, I'm out of there. Staying results in death most of the time.
    If your sitting @ 1500+ health with 500+ armour you can pot tank the jarl pretty easily. (as a mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

True, when I'm bored i solo him lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

True to his post, just today we (the author of this post and I) farmed elite Jarl, joining random parties. Unintentionally, the other guy disturbed the mobs behind the Jarl, i was watching Energizeric how he would react and true to his words, once his rules are broken, his nowhere to be found in the scene.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    If you run all the way up to the house where the mob in front of jarl is, thes guys from the bridge
    reset. Same goes for if someone drags them to you and you happen to get aggro from them. Run to
    that house to reset them. Easy fix
    lol so u think its that easy?
    most ppl mainly start to hit jarl by bringing near stones nd opposite to the house. nd while one drags mobs from bridges nd run to house then sme other ppl aggro them nd u kno wat happens :-)
    nd as a result they dnt get reset. of there is warrior then ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree...use more vowels.

Or solo jarl if it's a problem. 1:15 on my mage.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

If there is one thing that I hate is some dude leaving before the map is over. Adding some deaths won't kill u, occasionally when u hit a higher cap you will have even more deaths, I wonder what will happened to u by then.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamberge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Also i thought about inviting the op to my party's but i find it a risk that he will leave at the first sign of trouble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

For a warrior like me, tanking and wasting pot for the likes of u is what I called a waste. Leaving a map because there is somebody is against your rules is what I called egoistic. So what about the other 2 people? Oh wait, you only care about your death counts. You should start to think about other people in your team, instead of keep leaving. For me I better meet some noob then a leaver.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamberge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Seems to me you need to play smarter instead of leaving an unfinished run. When one leaves other leaves leaving me, a mage, to finish jarl by myself which is pretty easy. You're a mage with a matchstick, learn to use ice and fireball correctly and stop worrying about deaths its a game.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Skidmarkz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeps View Post
    If your sitting @ 1500+ health with 500+ armour you can pot tank the jarl pretty easily. (as a mage)
    Yes, I can tank/kite jarl no problem. The mobs behind him actually hit way harder than he does. At most he hits me for about 25% of my health each time. The mobs behind him can take more than 50% of my health with one hit. 2 hits back-to-back by them and I'm instantly dead.

Also, one of the guys from the bridge never resets. He's not one with the spear, but instead he has a bow. He only follows when someone goes too close to the other side of the bridge near the last set of barrels. Once he starts following it doesn't matter what happens but he will not turn around and go back. Instead he camps out by the edge of the bridge and the area where jarl is, and just keeps shooting players, and he hits way harder than jarl. If I notice him there I can go and freeze him and then kill him with about 7 or 8 hits. But if I don't see him coming he will kill me easily.

As far as me causing problems for the group by leaving, it's no more problem for them than if I died, so doesn't really make a difference either way. And I noticed a while ago that I never die once on a jarl run, unless I leave after being killed once. If I stay, I will die multiple times, because once something is upset to cause me to die, it will just keep happening over and over. For such a low potential reward, it's not worth dying while doing Jarl runs.

If I want to risk deaths, I'll do runs in the Elite Grounds or Tower. At least the reward possibilities are much better.

BTW, I understand that everyone makes mistakes, and if I'm running with a group that I'm familiar with, then I don't leave. But it's different when I run with folks who have no idea what they're doing.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-02-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Here's a secret, I am pretty darn sure, regardless of class or aggro skills, the mobs/bosses headhunt the highest level player as soon as they attack.
    The higher level player automatically draws the aggro.

When I was L20 and running with L21 no matter what I could not hold aggro with my warrior. Now that I am L21 with the others I can get them all ob me no problem.

I think you are too picky with Jarl. My warrior mid 100s- mid 200s and crits up to 650 and I only die if I forget to hit a health potion, or was too cheap to stock up just in case. Besides, Jarl drops are old hat. I don't get anything good from the chests he drops and the pets are everywhere.
    Tower runs are where its at now

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I've never had an issue with a player dying and then pulling the mobs from the bridge on the way back.. they just reset again, and if a couple of them don't, you just kill them and add 10 seconds to your run. Big deal. Same thing with the mobs behind Jarl. As for pulling Jarl before done with the trash mob, that often results in faster runs.. why would you leave over something like that?

People leaving once an elite Jarl run has started is FAR more annoying than any of those other problems you mentioned. Please don't encourage players to do that.. not because it becomes harder, but because if one person leaves, the sheeple tend to follow suit and then everyone else leaves.
    Last edited by Delirium; 01-02-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Dont really care about k/d ratio, though it is annoying when someone brings the mobs over either help contain it, or just continue tanking it while others clean up the mess.

As for public runs or non publics runs i can steal agro easily which usually ends up with me tanking and keeping agro and not letting party die.
    Last edited by Asahetek; 01-03-2013 at 02:45 AM.
    Pl Cheoragire warrior 50+
    Sl Anadrarin operative 30 former gm
    Dl Asahetek 31
    Al Asahatek rogue 31 officer vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If the other players create a mess I either stand back and let them commit suicide, then solo..or I help kill the mobs while they concentrate on jarl. I won't waste time jumping out of the game just to get back in another with beginners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IMHO, it's still forgivable if its unintentional. I hated it most when the Dpsers literally mass aggro intentionally thinking that party are as well geared as they are, cause the party to wipe and the culprit res to only port out... The prettier their gear is, the harder I laugh TBH.

Too add, if everyone follows the golden rule to down mobs before boss, its hard even for a slightly below averagely geared party to fail Elite Jarl frankly.