Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pets will NOT be in Capture the Flag

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Sam, it seems like ur two comments conflict each other. I can't tell whether or not passive abilities will be allowed or not. I myself am fine without arcane abilities but would like to see passives added. The arcane abilities would lead to too many stuns and roots but the i feel like the passive abilities are essential.

You guys designed each class to have strengths and weakness which can be addressed through the use of pets. I'm a rouge and designed mine with high damage at the expense of mana. I compensate for this by using certain pets to either increase my mana supply or my mana regen. i have lots of plats so I can respec to a different build which will increase my mana but lower my damage. That's fine for pvp but I'm not going to farm pve with a build like that because I'm not willing to spend 5 plat (or even 1 plat) every day to respec. In that case I'll probably choose to play pve and stay out of pvp.

I think most of those who agree with not having pets are people who don't have very good pets. I would agree with their thinking if all the best pets were plat but most of the best pets drop in game. So I feel like it's rewarding players who don't spend as much time farming by leveling the playing field. It will also be a discouragement for people to purchase pets with plat if the persons main goal is to pvp.

I'd suggest either:
    1) making it so we can keep the pets passives or (if that's too hard to code)
    2) give us a pvp and a pve loadout that includes our build and skills as well as our gear. I think it should be free to switch between the two builds but cost 5 plat to change the actual build itself.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post: