Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-01-18 Content Update (111696)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    No, actually I didn't. Perhaps I should clarify a bit. The further away from actual achievement and towards plat purchases, the less the leader board means. I was fairly early to PL and have played all 4 games extensively (over 50 alts). I've purchased plenty of plat over the last several years. Not a problem with that.The leader boards used to mean something in PL. That was slowly eroded away with the ability to use a credit card to wipe out achievements that took others well over a year to accomplish. In 2 weeks we watched people buy their way onto the board, rendering them meaningless in my opinion. May as well have a 2500 plat Queen For A Day title. I like all of the options for customization and vanity items. I just don't like to see the leader board getting more tied to plat.
    I agree, I was just pointing out that you shouldn't be surprised. The issue is the same issue that always shows itself which is that STS needs to sell plat in large quantities to be profitable. The only way for that to happen is for them to have expensive items that cost lots of plat, and have those items be very desirable so that lots of people will buy it. Having vanity items which do nothing for stats does not cause people to flock in mass to buy them. They need to have plat purchased items that lots of folks will want to buy, and which will be expensive, and the only way to do that is to somehow make those items necessary or at least give some kind of advantage in game. A good example in PL was the dragon sets. The helm and armors were found in game, but you needed the dragon pet which cost 200 plat each. So lots of folks spent the 200 plat and got the dragon pets. Without these sorts of items, the game is not going to be very profitable. Folks are only going to want so many vanity sets, and at 15 plat each they would not sell enough plat.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-18-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree, I was just pointing out that you shouldn't be surprised. The issue is the same issue that always shows itself which is that STS needs to sell plat in large quantities to be profitable. The only way for that to happen is for them to have expensive items that cost lots of plat, and have those items be very desirable so that lots of people will buy it. Having vanity items which do nothing for stats does not cause people to flock in mass to buy them. They need to have plat purchased items that lots of folks will want to buy, and which will be expensive, and the only way to do that is to somehow make those items necessary or at least give some kind of advantage in game. A good example in PL was the dragon sets. The helm and armors were found in game, but you needed the dragon pet which cost 200 plat each. So lots of folks spent the 200 plat and got the dragon pets. Without these sorts of items, the game is not going to be very profitable. Folks are only going to want so many vanity sets, and at 15 plat each they would not sell enough plat.
    I agree that STS needs to profit in order to keep the game moving forward, but overpricing items doesn't in turn increase the amount of money that people have to spend. It's already bad enough that you have to pay for EVERYTHING: More inventory, pets, cs slots, storage slots, character slots, renaming, respecs, etc. Not to mention that you have to repeat this process for every new character. If youre on a monthly budget (like myself and alot of my friends atm) this doesn't cut it. They should at least focus on keeping a steady supply of free offers to compensate.

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I think with so many free plat offers by W3i and trialpay, it doesn't generate enough revenue. Lots of players have gotten quite a number of plats without spending real money.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

why no free respec,i cant do any free plat offer and cant buy any platinum so at least give us once free respec.Depressed with this mage build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Update is Awesome.. PVP is great.. Bring Malison on pvp and 1hit everyone..

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Goyena Velasco:935506
    The Update is Awesome.. PVP is great.. Bring Malison on pvp and 1hit everyone.

LOL... This is the main reason why we need to balance the classes. Smh.

Updated my post on the first page. Hope devs see it.