Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Catwomann View Post
    The razor shield, which has stun removing upgrade either is bugged or something else intentional change, but I still get slowed and stunned with it.

Rogues vs rogues is also so inbalanced.
    It all depends on 1 HIT, MANY PEOPLE HAVE OPTIC FIBER CONNECTIONS IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES. Many of us dont have those and our ping and speeds are way ridiculous than others, if its all about 1 Hit then these ppl with better ping win cause their hit is registered earlier than us. Its so ridiculous.
    Razor shield realy does not seem to work properly i mentioned it earlier.
    Alway laging even with good ping skills took 2-3 sec to take effect i alway wonder what has happend..well it actualy nothing happend and i just died...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Agree 200%.

Warriors are now too OP.

Now we can't crit them high with a good pet like horton, and get closer to killing them and they just stun us, then they attack us ( MORE ANNOYING IS THAT THEIR DAMAGE IS VERY VERY HIGH FROM WHAT IT SHOULD BE WITH ALL THOSE STUNS, HEALS AND HIGH HEALTH), and when we attack them they just heal themselves back to full health and that super annoying green protection balls really makes it worse.

We don't have stuns like mages and warriors, except just the trap. Which everyone doesnt find good enough.

The razor shield, which has stun removing upgrade either is bugged or something else intentional change, but I still get slowed and stunned with it.

Biggest problem is pur heal, its so crap.
    Warriors can heal and protect themselves for 2-3 seconds but we have to charge our heal for it to THROW (AND NOT INSTANTLY HEAL US) 3 HEALTH PACKS (which dont even heal us to 100%) and THEN THE BIGGEST PROBLEM, WE HAVE TO RUN AND COLLECT OUR HEALTH PACKS BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES, MOST TIME WE CANT COLLECT THEM CAUSE WE ARE STUNNED (90% OF TIME). THESE HEALTH PACKS ARE 'AFTER BATTLE' HEALTH PACKS. USELESS.

It all depends on 1 HIT, MANY PEOPLE HAVE OPTIC FIBER CONNECTIONS IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES. Many of us dont have those and our ping and speeds are way ridiculous than others, if its all about 1 Hit then these ppl with better ping win cause their hit is registered earlier than us. Its so ridiculous.

Mages also play with us like a toy, they stun us, attack us, then put that purple sheild thing which is just.......so highly annoying. Literally mages are playing with us. One lvl 20 mage was playing with me for 1-2 minutes, he stunned me and just stood there and as soon as my character came back to senses he would stun again. It was so sad and was pathetic to see my char being played with like that.

If u r a rogue then only thing left to compete about is deaths, who has lower among all rogues.....huh.

Game never had such wrong balance till date.

So annoyed right now.
    Very sad and 100% true. i feel your pain.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Agree 200%.

Warriors are now too OP.

Now we can't crit them high with a good pet like horton, and get closer to killing them and they just stun us, then they attack us ( MORE ANNOYING IS THAT THEIR DAMAGE IS VERY VERY HIGH FROM WHAT IT SHOULD BE WITH ALL THOSE STUNS, HEALS AND HIGH HEALTH), and when we attack them they just heal themselves back to full health and that super annoying green protection balls really makes it worse.

We don't have stuns like mages and warriors, except just the trap. Which everyone doesnt find good enough.

Biggest problem is pur heal, its so crap.
    Warriors can heal and protect themselves for 2-3 seconds but we have to charge our heal for it to THROW (AND NOT INSTANTLY HEAL US) 3 HEALTH PACKS (which dont even heal us to 100%) and THEN THE BIGGEST PROBLEM, WE HAVE TO RUN AND COLLECT OUR HEALTH PACKS BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES, MOST TIME WE CANT COLLECT THEM CAUSE WE ARE STUNNED (90% OF TIME). THESE HEALTH PACKS ARE 'AFTER BATTLE' HEALTH PACKS. USELESS.

Mages also play with us like a toy, they stun us, attack us, then put that purple sheild thing which is just.......so highly annoying. Literally mages are playing with us. One lvl 20 mage was playing with me for 1-2 minutes, he stunned me and just stood there and as soon as my character came back to senses he would stun again. It was so sad and was pathetic to see my char being played with like that.

If u r a rogue then only thing left to compete about is deaths, who has lower among all rogues.....huh.

Game never had such wrong balance till date.

So annoyed right now.
    While I agree with most, the upgrade for Razor does not mention a stun removing ability. It states (on mine) removing snares, roots and slow effects.

Not all of us in developed countries have fiber either. I can't stand my internet connection. It is the best I can get though.

I haven't experimented with health packs. Hard to run over them when you are stunned. Although I do see the other rogues tactics of setting up prior to a fight. Usually they don't have a chance to get to them.

The thing I would like fixed to better see the balance of classes is the rapid succession of skills firing. Being shot, dashed and stunned all within milliseconds is a bit much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Frost bolt freezes and slows. i witnessed this first hand as my rogue was frozen and then inflicted with a slow affect after tje freeze wore off. a warrior coyldnt do and a rogue cant either. and all the mages had staffs. so wat else could it possibly be but frostbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    While I agree with most, the upgrade for Razor does not mention a stun removing ability. It states (on mine) removing snares, roots and slow effects.
    But it does not work as it should. Even when i use charged razor im still slowed down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicoB View Post
    Frost bolt freezes and slows. i witnessed this first hand as my rogue was frozen and then inflicted with a slow affect after tje freeze wore off. a warrior coyldnt do and a rogue cant either. and all the mages had staffs. so wat else could it possibly be but frostbolt
    Yes as i told many times it does work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gnug View Post
    im a lvl21 mage, and i understand that we're a support class. the only times i can get 10+ kills is when i see a big group fighting and i spam AoE skills which is what we're made for. i get that we're not supposed to wild west the map. BUT we're made for stuns/slows/knock backs and the only effective thing we have is fireball. rogues dont need nerfed, high dmg 1v1 is what they're made for. mages just need an overhall on their stuns and freezes, i wouldnt mind running into a rogue if my frost bolt would slow them down or an uncharged wind knocked them back effectively. warriors really need a looking at though devs
    I completely agree.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    But it does not work as it should. Even when i use charged razor im still slowed down
    Then it would be an issue. I will look more tonight and see. I have never really noticed.

Although, my warrior is being neglected so may run around the maps and chuckle as people try to kill me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Frost bolt freezes and slows. i witnessed this first hand as my rogue was frozen and then inflicted with a slow affect after the freeze wore off. a warrior couldnt do and a rogue cant either. and all the mages had staffs. so what else could it possibly be but frostbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Yes as i told many times it does work
    Nice. Its never worked for me, but just because it hasn't worked for me doesn't mean it doesn't. So i guess i'm going to have to update my opinion (back on page 15) to, tho many i'm sure will disagree, the mages need very very little change, or even none at all. Some say we need a dmg buff but if u use the right weapon that will solve the prob. Thx again for all ur hard work dev team.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 01-24-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I was talking about charged main attavks as in charginf your weapon. rogues dont have any kind of stun skill what so ever. rogues just have charged weapon attack
    Tanks do not get 100% confirmed stun even with a normal charged attack, it's the percentages. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I've tested this many times, do try it out if you don't believe me.

Rogues, however, with the Watchman Bow, can get very high percentage of, or perhaps confirmed, stuns every time they pull off a charged attack. With their low cooldown skills, stunlock is all too easy to achieve, and with their high DPS, a few seconds of stun is all it takes for inevitable death.

Hence rogues rule PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Friufi View Post
    Tanks do not get 100% confirmed stun even with a normal charged attack, it's the percentages. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I've tested this many times, do try it out if you don't believe me.

Rogues, however, with the Watchman Bow, can get very high percentage of, or perhaps confirmed, stuns every time they pull off a charged attack. With their low cooldown skills, stunlock is all too easy to achieve, and with their high DPS, a few seconds of stun is all it takes for inevitable death.

Hence rogues rule PvP.
    The bow has a 50% chance to stun. For two seconds. And only with the charged normal attack, which takes quite long to charge up.
    Last edited by Cashews; 01-25-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is a summary of all class:

Warrior:
    Strong point: High hp, high defense, high in healing and high in running
    Weak point: lowest damage class,

Rogue:
    Strong point: high damage, high critical,
    Weak point: low hp

Sorc:
    Strong point: high mana, good ability in skills

I had 3 different class using the best gears and the outcome as follow:

Sorc:
    It stand a chance to win rogue and warrior in 1v1 as well as sorc

Rogue:
    It stand a chance to win warrior, rogue as well as unskilled / injured sorc

Warrior:
    It stand a chance to win all class but hitting at slower pace compare to different class

Although stun rate coming from rogue's bow are indeed high, sorc has a skill for stunning (except opponent may break the stun and i am unsure if this is related to a bug)

The sorc build could be found at sorc forum and it is useful for new sorc user. Your gear will speak on behalf of your effectiveness in PvP.

In summary, all class are balance and it is highly depend on team work. Solo are good for backstab or surprise attack. But you die at a faster rate. Now we just need our pet back into PvP and we can start the ball rolling..
    Last edited by currycrab; 01-25-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by currycrab View Post
    Here is a summary of all class:

Warrior:
    Strong point: High hp, high defense, high in healing and high in running
    Weak point: lowest damage class,

Rogue:
    Strong point: high damage, high critical,

Sorc:
    Strong point: high mana, good ability in skills

I had 3 different class using the best gears and the outcome as follow:

Sorc:
    It stand a chance to win rogue and warrior in 1v1 as well as sorc

Rogue:
    It stand a chance to win warrior, rogue as well as unskilled / injured sorc

Warrior:
    It stand a chance to win all class but hitting at slower pace compare to different class

Although stun rate coming from rogue's bow are indeed high, sorc has a skill for stunning (except opponent may break the stun and i am unsure if this is related to a bug)

The sorc build could be found at sorc forum and it is useful for new sorc user. Your gear will speak on behalf of your effectiveness in PvP.

In summary, all class are balance and it is highly depend on team work. Solo are good for backstab or surprise attack. But you die at a faster rate. Now we just need our pet back into PvP and we can start the ball rolling..
    the sorc skills are good BUT they all got nerfed for pvp. if all of the mages stuns and knock backs worked then it would be an even fight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well.. i tried on rogue twice. 1 won, 1 loss.

It depend on what skill you go first..

I got lucked and managed to kill 2 warrior at a go (2v1)

For warrior and rogue, the "damage direction" will auto aim even if your toon is walking. For sorc, it seem to be following the direction your pad is going. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I tried to charge a normal attack and when i get close to it, the direction become my pad direction and not my opponent direction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Now I understand the need to nerf sorc cc so you can't just stun lock ppl, but man sorcs need frost to slow or something for escape. I have no issues with rogues. If I get the stuns, I win. If not, the rogue probably wins. It's not a big deal to me.

Warriors are the problem. You can't outrun them; they have skyward smash. You can't stand toe to toe and fight; they have stuns, snares, high hp, and decent damage (don't give me that "low damage" talk; mages and rogues aren't elite Jarl; warriors do good damage to them). They have HoR invulnerability. They have a huge mana supply from VB. It's extremely rare that I beat a top warrior 1v1. When I do, I probably caught him with his HoR on CD or something or already low on health.

Teamwork can't do crap to a team of warriors with heals, 2 sec invulnerability, damage, stuns, snares, and all that armor and beef.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluotaku View Post
    Now I understand the need to nerf sorc cc so you can't just stun lock ppl, but man sorcs need frost to slow or something for escape. I have no issues with rogues. If I get the stuns, I win. If not, the rogue probably wins. It's not a big deal to me.

Warriors are the problem. You can't outrun them; they have skyward smash. You can't stand toe to toe and fight; they have stuns, snares, high hp, and decent damage (don't give me that "low damage" talk; mages and rogues aren't elite Jarl; warriors do good damage to them). They have HoR invulnerability. They have a huge mana supply from VB. It's extremely rare that I beat a top warrior 1v1. When I do, I probably caught him with his HoR on CD or something or already low on health.

Teamwork can't do crap to a team of warriors with heals, 2 sec invulnerability, damage, stuns, snares, and all that armor and beef.
    Did you get it correct? Last week before the update on PvP, every one was yanking to nerf rogue's critical. Now sorc become the center of attention for nerfing.. Isn't sorc one of the least class being played? Isn't every one wanted sorc to be stronger?

This is getting weird.

The question of nerfing another class seem to be alway rising. Instead of nerfing, why not improve on things?

i will vote for sorc class to have the stun skill only. For normal charged attack by all class, no stun is allow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

@.@ wow, so now after the update, it's time for warriors to be OP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Nah, rogues and warriors are both about even, sorcerers are way behind, even worse than before the update.

I had a record of about 420-340 before the update. Since the update I got like 5 kills and 60 deaths. Half the time I die I don't even know why I died because I had full health and there was no enemy nearby. I just hear a zap and I'm dead, still don't see the enemy.

And when I fight warriors they don't even come near me but they still kill me which makes no sense. They swing their sword which visually looks like it's way down the hallway from me, but I die from it even though sometimes I'm around the corner even. I think warriors just have to swing the sword if someone is in view (doesn't matter how far away) and they will hit no matter how far or what.

I thought the advantage of the mage was to have range spells, but the mage seems to have the shortest range of any of the classes. Can someone tell me what exactly a mage is the best at? Because right now I just don't see anything. If I was a rogue or warrior and a mage joined my team, I'd leave and find a different game. On the other hand, when I'm roaming the PvP dungeon and I see another mage, I charge at him to kill him (which is usually easy since I'm pretty OP for a mage). When I see a rogue or warrior I run the other way and hope I can find another member of my team to hide behind.

And I see some players got like 5k kills. If I played 24/7 since PvP was released I wouldn't have that many yet. At best I can get like 5-6 per game, and that is a good game.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-25-2013 at 04:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Nah, rogues and warriors are both about even, sorcerers are way behind, even worse than before the update.

I had a record of about 420-340 before the update. Since the update I got like 5 kills and 60 deaths. Half the time I die I don't even know why I died because I had full health and there was no enemy nearby. I just hear a zap and I'm dead, still don't see the enemy.

And when I fight warriors they don't even come near me but they still kill me which makes no sense. They swing their sword which visually looks like it's way down the hallway from me, but I die from it even though sometimes I'm around the corner even. I think warriors just have to swing the sword if someone is in view (doesn't matter how far away) and they will hit no matter how far or what.

I thought the advantage of the mage was to have range spells, but the mage seems to have the shortest range of any of the classes. Can someone tell me what exactly a mage is the best at? Because right now I just don't see anything. If I was a rogue or warrior and a mage joined my team, I'd leave and find a different game. On the other hand, when I'm roaming the PvP dungeon and I see another mage, I charge at him to kill him (which is usually easy since I'm pretty OP for a mage). When I see a rogue or warrior I run the other way and hope I can find another member of my team to hide behind.

And I see some players got like 5k kills. If I played 24/7 since PvP was released I wouldn't have that many yet. At best I can get like 5-6 per game, and that is a good game.
    idk. if anything mages seem better. a few mages actually got more kills than me in in each match, granted that it was only by 1 or 2 and i was gaurding the flag the whole time. i honestly feel more comfortable fighting yojimbo than any mage(unless i know he/she isnt very good). and yojimbo is a beast!!! what makes the difference is the shield stun and heal. more mages are using that combo and its super effective.....on rogues. you guy are just kinda screwed when a warrior comes. but everyone is. and yes i agree warriors have ridiculous range
    Last edited by nicoB; 01-25-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i fighted with another warrior both18 against a 19 rogue we die both rogue got 3/4 live anyways