Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Opening Chests does Not Affect Drop Rates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Well... i don't think anything worthwhile is coming out of those chests anyway.

I generally don't open them anyway because its wasting my time. But for some reason when someone says "Don'T open chests" I am compelled to do it. Its an uncontrollable urge. I can't fight it.
    Haha i do that too then say uups...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

LOL I'd say this the most persistent myth in Elite Tower of Mardrom -- don't open the chests!!
    I think maybe I'm starting an ignore morons List.

Star light, star bright...

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Cool

From my perspective although i do open chests, i come up with a thinking. For people not to open chests, its with the loot reroll elixir in the equation. Because its only 25% and is similar to the PROC in weapons, it does not happen all the time. So rather than opening the chest and activating the 25% loot reroll chance which is totally random, they wanna save it for the loot reroll chance on the boss. Which sounds logical to me. So opening chests does not affect drops rates but it will affect the person with loot reroll elixir to "activate" the loot reroll chance automatically if he/she is within range of the opening of chests. He/she is hoping that the 25% chance happen on the boss instead of some chest which is wasted. Its like rerolling on a chest before the boss and on the boss, it does not reroll because it has just been rerolled. lol. Totally random but I can understand the logic.
    Last edited by SuRfY; 01-27-2013 at 05:08 AM.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfY View Post
    From my perspective although i do open chests, i come up with a thinking. For people not to open chests, its with the loot reroll elixir in the equation. Because its only 25% and is similar to the PROC in weapons, it does not happen all the time. So rather than opening the chest and activating the 25% loot reroll chance which is totally random, they wanna save it for the loot reroll chance on the boss. Which sounds logical to me. So opening chests does not affect drops rates but it will affect the person with loot reroll elixir to "activate" the loot reroll chance automatically if he/she is within range of the opening of chests. He/she is hoping that the 25% chance happen on the boss instead of some chest which is wasted. Its like rerolling on a chest before the boss and on the boss, it does not reroll because it has just been rerolled. lol. Totally random but I can understand the logic.
    You do realize though that that isn't any logic in that? I'm not saying people don't think this way...but it isn't any better than thinking loot is dependent on chests being opened or not.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

You do realize though that that isn't any logic in that? I'm not saying people don't think this way...but it isn't any better than thinking loot is dependent on chests being opened or not.

Well, there is logic. It's like playing Russian Roulette in 2 scenarios. First scenario is player vs boss drops, second scenario is player vs boss drops vs chest drops.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well, there is logic. It's like playing Russian Roulette in 2 scenarios. First scenario is player vs boss drops, second scenario is player vs boss drops vs chest drops.
    Problem is, the logic isn't the same as Russian roulette. To make it the same, you would have to load and spin the cylinder every time. Because each drop is completely unrelated to the last and the probability is the same for each. Whereas with RR there are a finite number of shots and the probability of a live round is totally based on the last shot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Problem is, the logic isn't the same as Russian roulette. To make it the same, you would have to load and spin the cylinder every time. Because each drop is completely unrelated to the last and the probability is the same for each.

That is only if the loot reroll elixir is not in the equation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

That is only if the loot reroll elixir is not in the equation.
    I think you are mistaken. The lot reroll elixir gives you a percentage chance to reroll for loot. It is the same percentage for every drop and is not related to the last drop.

For example, first drop I have a 25% chance to reroll. Second drop I have the same chance regardless whether or not I rerolled on the previous drop or not.

To say it a different way, you are not guaranteed that 25% of your drops will be rerolls. But that each drop has a 25% chance to reroll.

Last edited by Rare; 01-27-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I think you are mistaken. The lot reroll elixir gives you a percentage chance to reroll for loot. It is the same percentage for every drop and is not related to the last drop.

For example, first drop I have a 25% chance to reroll. Second drop I have the same chance regardless whether or not I rerolled on the previous drop or not.

To say it a different way, you are not guaranteed that 25% of your drops will be rerolls. But that each drop has a 25% chance to reroll.

First 2 lines are straightforward. The last line is the point. That being not guaranteed doesn't mean it's a zero percent chance of it not happening. It's like taking a subset of a subset. This is getting so interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Reroll is just like drops its randome put at a percent. Opening chests wouldnt effect ether.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

First 2 lines are straightforward. The last line is the point. That being not guaranteed doesn't mean it's a zero percent chance of it not happening. It's like taking a subset of a subset. This is getting so interesting.
    I don't understand what you're saying. What is not a zero percent chance? What that last line means is that possibly rerolling on a chest has no affect on whether you reroll at the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Problem is, there isn't a true random number generator. Second of all, those who are freaking out on reloot roll is infected by gambler's fallacy, where one believes the chance of succeeding increases as failures increase. And people will always be superstitious. Even if you have the devs come out and say otherwise, there will always be naysayers who think they know better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nerola View Post
    Problem is, there isn't a true random number generator. Second of all, those who are freaking out on reloot roll is infected by gambler's fallacy, where one believes the chance of succeeding increases as failures increase. And people will always be superstitious. Even if you have the devs come out and say otherwise, there will always be naysayers who think they know better.
    I agree. Luckily, it doesn't have to be a true rng. It only had to appear to be one. From our perspective, it is.

But yes, I think in every game people think there is some kind of method to getting better loot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Its just redicilious how much people freak out about it, I was playing yesterday and I was at the forest and someone freaked cause I opened a chest lol then wentt off on me lol, I just lauged and told him to read the forums, since dev has confirmed lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It is kina ridiclous how people freak out over this, the pink rate is horrendous ive only gotten maybe 5+ from the new elite maps.
    Pl Cheoragire warrior 50+
    Sl Anadrarin operative 30 former gm
    Dl Asahetek 31
    Al Asahatek rogue 31 officer vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Ive gotten a couple but spending most my time pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

It's amazing how powerful people think computers are. They actually think that devs would write a program that keeps track of each action in a long list, then using that to calculate a non-random number. I'm impressed by the computers these people are imagining. Such complications.

Star light, star bright...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

So reroll doesn't work on chests then? If it does then yes, opening chests affect drop rates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    So reroll doesn't work on chests then? If it does then yes, opening chests affect drop rates.
    Reroll works on chests I believe. But, no, It doesn't affect drops rates from bosses. I think you are confused about how the luck elixir works.

As I mentioned in comment 48... the reroll chance (25% for example) is your chance to reroll on EVERY loot drop. It does not mean 25% of your drops will reroll. It means each drop has a 25% chance to reroll. So theoretically, you can have 100% of your drops reroll... or you could have 0%. But one drop does not affect the outcome of another drop.
    Last edited by Rare; 01-28-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Dude even if you re-rolled 10x in a row, you still have the same 25% chance to re-roll on your 11th drop.

I don't understand why these people can't seem to understand that.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky../ For This Useful Post: