Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Exploiting is not a skill. Much needed investigation in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

So below are the changes that you need to make to your warrior:

1. no name dropping in a negative light, makes you look bad and makes that person a little ticked off (see Raxin's reaction lol)

2. i have no idea what you spent 1.5 mil gold on and you have, um, not so good base stats on your warrior lol no offence. your character needs work so i'm gonna try to help you out here.

3. equipment I use:

Dark Watch Sword of Assault (lvl 21)
    Mighty Juggernaut Helm of will (lvl 21)
    Mighty Juggernaut Armor of Savvy (lvl 21)
    Watchman's Ring of Warfare(lvl 21) (25 strength, 3.1 damage and 26 armor)
    Divine Pendant of Assault (lvl 21) (26 Strength, 13 dexterity and 2.8 damage)

Quote Originally Posted by Imwatchingyou View Post

HP: 3033 (my base 3167)
    Dmg: 113.6 (my base is 136.3)
    Armor: 824 (my base is 859)
    Stats: All into str. Including str 5/5 maxed out (same)

Skills: Skyward smash 2/5 Thundering Hammer (also get quacking earth gives a 25% chance of stunning which is fantastic for PVP)
    Windmill: 3/5 Blender, Cripple ( you want blender, prolong and increased radius on this)
    Vengefull blood: 4/5 Savage Strikes, Focused rage, Adrenaline surge (max all of this skill no matter what)
    Horn of Renew 3/5 Inc. Range, Increased Duration (for this you want increased duration and protective shield)
    Now when you have all of those changes made (just the skills i don't expect you to go buy all the gear i have too) you need to use them in the right order.
    So you're running into another player (or at most two)
    charge HoR (get that 2 seconds of no damage)
    skyward
    windmill
    blood
    rinse and repeat lol

I've gone toe to toe with some of the top warriors in a 1 on 1 scenario (and i haven't been anywhere decent in pvp i think a few weeks ago i was on here asking for help) and the only thing that stopped us from continuing to fight was another team mate coming and finishing the other off. you can seriously last forever if you get the timing down on these skills.

ALL that being said, if you and I were to battle in a 1 vs 1 pvp scenario you would lose and not because you're a bad player or i'm better, none of that. Based simply on the fact that my gear is better and I've tweaked my skills a little more that's it.

and on any day by anyone, ANYONE can lose in PVP that's what makes it interesting.

so concludes Jackyll's public service announcement lol

EDIT the scripting and boosting that all a real problem I get that. There really is no way to fix that, it's an open beta test basically so people are going to find loop holes and use them. Nothing we can do but hope the eyes of STS are upon them and patch it or something.
    Last edited by Jackyll; 01-29-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cashews View Post
    He's using a script. And there is only 3 arrow skills...
    technically 3 skill arrows and if he's using a bow one normal attack arrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cashews:947346
    Quote Originally Posted by Testi View Post
    Encountered a rogue with the uncanny ability to fire all 4 arrow skills in a manner that consistently allowed the arrows to form a nice neatly packaged train of death that looked something like this. - - - - flying across the screen.

I can't get my rogue to do that . . .
    Using a bow auto attack makes 4 bro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Raxin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cashews View Post
    Your correct theres 3 arrow skills, however there were 4 arrows in flight each time. It was so cool I asked him to come show me again a few times.Maybe the 4th was actually the first firing again ...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still there is can be up to 5 or six arrows if timed rite in a nice straight line which if you blink at all your dead. Any rogue who has played with a controller knows that you can time all arrows and even get of a razor shield before your mana is gone. LOL the start of this posted star'd a two on one scenerio where a rogue shot shot two arrows one critical hit with A.S. at 37% crit. chance and and while in the veil up along wit the warrior giving it everything.

sincerely
    "Merry Jane" Watson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyll:947358
    So below are the changes that you need to make to your warrior:

1. no name dropping in a negative light, makes you look bad and makes that person a little ticked off (see Raxin's reaction lol)

2. i have no idea what you spent 1.5 mil gold on and you have, um, not so good base stats on your warrior lol no offence. your character needs work so i'm gonna try to help you out here.

3. equipment I use:

Dark Watch Sword of Assault (lvl 21)
    Mighty Juggernaut Helm of will (lvl 21)
    Mighty Juggernaut Armor of Savvy (lvl 21)
    Watchman's Ring of Warfare(lvl 21) (25 strength, 3.1 damage and 26 armor)
    Divine Pendant of Assault (lvl 21) (26 Strength, 13 dexterity and 2.8 damage)

Quote Originally Posted by Imwatchingyou View Post

HP: 3033 (my base 3167)
    Dmg: 113.6 (my base is 136.3)
    Armor: 824 (my base is 859)
    Stats: All into str. Including str 5/5 maxed out (same)

Skills: Skyward smash 2/5 Thundering Hammer (also get quacking earth gives a 25% chance of stunning which is fantastic for PVP)
    Windmill: 3/5 Blender, Cripple ( you want blender, prolong and increased radius on this)
    Vengefull blood: 4/5 Savage Strikes, Focused rage, Adrenaline surge (max all of this skill no matter what)
    Horn of Renew 3/5 Inc. Range, Increased Duration (for this you want increased duration and protective shield)
    Now when you have all of those changes made (just the skills i don't expect you to go buy all the gear i have too) you need to use them in the right order.
    So you're running into another player (or at most two)
    charge HoR (get that 2 seconds of no damage)
    skyward
    windmill
    blood
    rinse and repeat lol

I've gone toe to toe with some of the top warriors in a 1 on 1 scenario (and i haven't been anywhere decent in pvp i think a few weeks ago i was on here asking for help) and the only thing that stopped us from continuing to fight was another team mate coming and finishing the other off. you can seriously last forever if you get the timing down on these skills.

ALL that being said, if you and I were to battle in a 1 vs 1 pvp scenario you would lose and not because you're a bad player or i'm better, none of that. Based simply on the fact that my gear is better and I've tweaked my skills a little more that's it.

and on any day by anyone, ANYONE can lose in PVP that's what makes it interesting.

so concludes Jackyll's public service announcement lol

EDIT the scripting and boosting that all a real problem I get that. There really is no way to fix that, it's an open beta test basically so people are going to find loop holes and use them. Nothing we can do but hope the eyes of STS are upon them and patch it or something.
    I agree with all but skill rotation usage. I charge venge as I enter encounter >> tap sky >> charge horn ( by now you have absorbed their opening skill wave) >> tap wind >> tap sky >> charge reg attack this kills alot of the players I encounter. Alot of the time I run with rogue friends. Anyone seems OP using that rotation while rogue drops aim ( massive dmg and armor reduction% ) and veil (dmg+% and def%+) This exploit is also known as teamwork. If you initially talked to me like a person instead of slandering me ingame then in forum we could have avoided our negative encounter and shared a better gaming expierience. Now please edit my name out of your "cheat/exploit" story sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Testi View Post
    Your correct theres 3 arrow skills, however there were 4 arrows in flight each time. It was so cool I asked him to come show me again a few times.Maybe the 4th was actually the first firing again ...
    Like the others said, Bow user.

There's some "Mana" builds going around that will help continuous arrows.

With the right amount of mages and a team that know what they are doing, a mage can stun, shield, rogues stood behind warrior or shielded mage's shoot of as many arrows as possible. Mage's see their mana run down and use heal which fills up their mana along with more stuns be it charge normal attack of ice/fireball etc ligtning to finish off an AoE kill count.

That said, PC users love having shortcut commands and is a plus for them to playplay how they like or are used to. It happens in all games, hopefully StS will see how much of an "advantage" this is and remove them even if possible to disable while in PvP but allow in PvE.

See how I said "Advantage" not "Exploit", players are taking advantage of it, but doesn't mean they are "invincible" and when the commands are disabled we will see how "skillful" they really are

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Thread closed for the following reason:
    1. Please Respect Others.
    The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.

Flaming is defined as posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another.

Trolling is defined as deliberately posting derogatory, inflammatory comments/threads in order to bait other users into responding. Trolling or accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling and is not permitted.

Posts similar to “Moderator Notified” or “Needs thread lock” are discouraged, as these types of posts are a form of trolling. If a thread is in violation of the forum rules, use the notify moderator button or send a private message to a moderator or administrator directly.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to insulting a poster directly:

Example: “You are stupid, you suck, and you should [censored].”
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Delphina For This Useful Post: