Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 60 Locked Grand Crate of The Watch and no Hammerjaw !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi Kide2008,

Hammerjaw can be obtained from the Locked Grand Crate of the Watch. However, as others have mentioned, he is very rare. We went out of our way to convey that by placing him in a new, highest rarity category: Arcane. There are a few out there that have been found and the item is in game.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't find him in the Crates that you opened. Our hope is that the Crates also have some value by themselves for you. They guarantee that you obtain a Legendary and 2 Epics for your level. The Legendary Sword 'n Shield, Bow and Rifle are the best currently available in game for those items. The Armor sets have 2 unique looks as well. Hammerjaw is akin to rare trading card game cards, or rare Baseball cards. You might open 100 packs and never get one of those rares - and some lucky guy will get the ultra rare on their first pack. That is how random rolls.

I'm not sure that will help you feel better about your luck, but it is what it is.

The team does have plans to introduce additional Mythic and Arcane rarity items to the world (as random or boss drops) in the future. However, keep in mind that, like Hammerjaw, you should expect that those items will be exceedingly rare. You won't walk into town and see everyone with them - that would be common. True rarity means there are only very few to be found.

Thank you very much for your support of Arcane Legends. The team is hard at work creating more content that will be out this month, for free. Click here for more details and screenshots of the Kraken Isles Expansion.
    thank you Sam! I can't wait for the droppable items. It's will inspire me to actually farm more and will alleviate some of the pain from hammerjaw.

Question: so if arcane is über rare.... What is mythic's definition?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Yep I opened mine in 3goes at it.
    Treat it like the lottery, just because you have say £100 you wouldn't go buying 100 tickets hoping you get more of a chance. You buy a few every week/few weeks and hope for the best.

From hearing of the one's with the egg so far, they bought/opened 2/3 chests and got it. Not heard anyone to open them at say 40/50 chests and get it yet. Not to say it's impossible, but seems to the wrong mindset needed for this kind of drop.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Looking at CS Arcane is above Mythic, so all you could guess is in between the "rarest" Pink drops and Arcane maybe?

Great to hear, possible drops from bosses, random chest get boring after a while

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

• Legendary - From somewhat common to decently rare
    • Mythic - Somewhere between Legendary and Arcane's rarity
    • Arcane - über rare

Does that help?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Looking at CS Arcane is above Mythic, so all you could guess is in between the "rarest" Pink drops and Arcane maybe?

Great to hear, possible drops from bosses, random chest get boring after a while
    Yah that's what I'm assuming, but I still wanna get a definition from a dev

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

• Arcane - über rare

Does that help?
    LOL. No offense. LOL.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

• Arcane - über rare

Does that help?
    Lol I have changed arcane to über! I love it! Also thanks Sam!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Seems a little like the dragon pet pack in pl where people spent a ton of plat to get mitas (the
    golden dragon). Each pack cost hundreds of plat and some people had to buy the pack multiple
    times (sometimes over ten) to get mitas. Obviously some unhappy people who spent hundreds
    and in some cases thousands of plat to get mitas. To complicate issues further it appears that
    some people got refunded their plat when they complained and others didn't.

Either way. Not happy with the current trend of requiring you to spend a lot of plat (for the last two
    shark pets) to stay on the overall leaderboards.
    What do you feel like you SHOULD spend plat on?? Assuming that you understand STS has to make money.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

The drop rate is very rare as most of u wanted in the first place http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...7-Mythic-items

sadly it comes in plat chests... but u should count only few lucky will get that pet. u tought if u spend real money u will get for sure.... didnt happen.. i would be pissed probably too but i dont spend plat on something i know i cant get 100% its waste of money. i gave my 2 chest to a frend..he didnt get it also feel sad for him. but u all gambled and didnt win.
    Last edited by Uzii; 02-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    What do you feel like you SHOULD spend plat on?? Assuming that you understand STS has to make money.
    I have spent a lot of plat on a lot of things in both this game and in pl, and think I have done my fair share in helping STS to make money. I personally do not feel as though it is worth it to potentially spend $50-$100 dollars or more to get a shark pet that I will probably never use. I am just dissapointed that you need to do this in order to stay on top of the leaderboards. I think achievements should be for true in game achievements and not just spending a ton of money. I felt the same way about the "true legend" title in pl. This is just my opinion. You certainly do not have to agree, but you should refrain from making sarcastic comments criticizing people for their opinion.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm currently on the leaderboard too Drgrimmy (I'm a few places below you on the top sorcerers list). But keep in mind that almost nobody on this list will get hammerjaw. It really is that rare. So i wouldn't worry too much about it. And in the next cap I'm sure we will see drops from bosses that are Arcane, so we will be able to get that achievement without plat. Or you can save up lots of gold and buy Hammerjaw. Either way, just like the way dragon sets were in PL (before they increased the drop rates), most players will never see a drop of an Arcane item no matter how much time they spend farming. Instead, they must save up huge amounts of gold and buy these items. I'm glad STS finally went in this direction. This arcane item achievement is one I will have to actually work for and will not have completed in a couple of days. It can actually be labeled as "difficult" which is more than I can say about 99% of the achievements so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I am just dissapointed that you need to do this in order to stay on top of the leaderboards. I think achievements should be for true in game achievements and not just spending a ton of money. I felt the same way about the "true legend" title in pl. This is just my opinion. You certainly do not have to agree, but you should refrain from making sarcastic comments criticizing people for their opinion.
    I agree with this. But ppl r willing to pay for being "the best" so i dont think it will be changed in future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Personally, luck cannot be bought with money.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfY View Post
    Personally, luck cannot be bought with money.
    luck elix :P but yes i find i am even unlucky with this so yah your right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

luck elix :P but yes i find i am even unlucky with this so yah your right.
    Maybe we should start a topic "Does having a loot reroll elixir increase your chances of getting a Hammerjaw" thread? LMAO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfY View Post
    Maybe we should start a topic "Does having a loot reroll elixir increase your chances of getting a Hammerjaw" thread? LMAO.
    lol, not sure i want to start another run on crate yet lol. i dont have any in stock to sell during the high mark :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Hammerjaw is akin to rare trading card game cards, or rare Baseball cards. You might open 100 packs and never get one of those rares - and some lucky guy will get the ultra rare on their first pack. That is how random rolls.
    All the complainers need to see this.
    Jed - Sorcerer, Crp - Sorcerer, Qad - Sorcerer, Puj - Warrior, Onf - Rogue
    Remember that thing about AL platinum only being used for elixirs and vanity? Yeah.