Thread: l16 sorceror Guide

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Cool l16 sorceror Guide

WARNING: This guide is pretty long. Please finish reading it to understand the full concept of playing a sorcerer.
    Pros of a Sorceror
    -a ton of stuns, slows, and DoT’s which are all extremely useful
    -shield move is amazing
    -STUN EM TO DEATH
    -cheapest class to make a twink
    Cons of a Sorceror
    -too little amount of health
    -no speed jump moves like rogues and warriors (shadow piercer, skyward smash)
    -tornado could make up for it but in my build I don’t use tornado
    -low armor
    My Experience with a Sorceror
    As some of you may know, my sorceror’s name is Suspense. He is a level 16 sorceror with a 3-1 kdr in ctf. When I first started sorcerer pvping it was pretty hard, but I got the hang of it and have become able to destroy most rogues even the famous ones such as Lilbless(sometimes but he’s the only one ik of that’s able to defeat me without luck). Even with all the pros ive stated above, it is still very hard to be a good sorcerer, so if you are one of those NON-HARDCORE ppl don’t keep reading… Ive also learned many things about sorcerer. Lifegiver and charging fire are not things for a sorcerer that are a NECESSITY. Uncharged fire still stuns, and lifegiver heals barely anything. Also, most warriors use horn of renew so they can heal u instead with a better healing move, and there are a ton of those full heal packs around the map(corners and middle). Mana also isn’t much of a problem for a sorcerer since we should be running around the map going to each flag area and getting the mana pack.
    Gear
    All lvl 16 gear
    -watch rifle of force or watch rifle of fatality
    -more dmg than flamestrike and has a very useful push back proc that can save lives
    -Clever Demonologist cap of Fitness(I don’t have it yet but good boost in stats)
    -Clever Demonologist robe of Fitness(I don’t have it yet but good boost in stats)
    -Divine chain of Brutality
    -Ensorcelled Band of Brutality
    Stats
    -pure int
    Skills
    The skills used for my sorcerer are very different compared to other sorcerers. This build is for attackers NOT support. I do not use heal which is a skill EVERY sorcerer uses pretty much… Sorcerers need at least 3 attacking skills. Mine are fireball, Lightning, and ice bolt. Lightning is ur main dmg move its like “Aimed Shot” for a sorcerer. I only invested one point in ice bolt, 4/5 points in shield, 4/5 points in lightning, and 4/5 points in fire. One int passive and all the rest in str passive. I don’t use dex passive bcuz it BARELY adds any crit so useless…
    Skill Order
    Sorcerer (you) vs Dagger Rogue (opponent)
    -probably the easiest opponent you’ll get bcuz once u r able to run circles around them (circles should be pretty big so they cant hit u but u can hit them) they wont be able to touch u with ur frequent slows, stuns, and DoT
    -Skill Order: Charged fire or light, shield, ice, light or fire (the opposite of what u used in beginning), circle around, spam lightning and ice and regular attack
    Sorcerer (you) vs Bow Rogue (opponent)
    -These are a bit tougher but still fairly easy. Shield is very important bcuz watchman bow is pretty strong.
    -Skill Order: Charged fire, shield, ice, light, circles (they still will be able to hit but in the beginning when he stunned u want to be able to unleash the most dmg u can), spam all skills except fire
    Sorcerer (you) vs Sorcerer
    -Gun and staff no diff except watch rifle more dmg and push proc, so the fights are basically the same. These battles are a bit tougher if ur opponent knows what hes doing
    -charged fire, shield, ice, light, spam all skills try to kite a bit. Don’t do circles since anywhere in that circle is his range. Just like how mages fight in PL when they kite is back away from opponent then NUKE. Ur NUKE is charged fire, ice, light. This should be ur final move.
    Sorcerer (you) vs Warrior
    -*In Development*
    Dustybottoms and Suspense’s Pro Build
    Dustybottoms, a pro sorcerer, was talking to me about my guide, and he changed the skills a bit and is one of the top sorcerer of 16’s. He told me his build and I decided to post on forums a build he and I made by combining our builds. At first Dustybottoms was a 2-1 kdr sorcerer but became a 443-63 kdr sorcerer (wow way better than me).
    WARNING: This build is to be used for sorcerers with a base health of 1000 without any str passives or u will die easily.
    Skills
    -3/5 fire
    -3/5 lightning (stun and dmg increase one)
    -4/5 shield
    -2/5 ice bolt (DoT)
    -3/5 int passive
    Stats
    -pure int
    Not working for you?
    -one way pm me and ill be able to help u. (all pvp characters on my sig)
    -Warriors with elite gear and dark watch sword of potency will pretty much destroy u 1v1 bcuz they can heal and survive ur 2 seconds of immortality. You might be able to win if u late shield but its still incredibly hard.
    -Sorcerers are “underpowered” to most so it takes a ton of practice to be a good one.(I don’t really feel that they’re “underpowered” just hard to play. They just need a speed jump move like maybe “teleport” or something. Stuns make up for everything for a sorcerer. If u don’t stun, try to ice and lightning him for a while to get some stun moves back up for attacking)

UPDATES
    -2/2/13 guide made
    -2/3/13 new build made and up
    -2/5/13 updated skill order(order should be used for both builds)

If this guide helped, please press the thanks button thanks!!!
    Last edited by birdmasta; 02-05-2013 at 03:26 AM.

PL: Fear

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to birdmasta For This Useful Post: