Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: First 1v1 PvP Event!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    Players may only use any attack or skill after the organizer said "go", no skills (vengeful blood, combat medic, arcane shield, etc) may be used prior to "go"
    what other skills are we not allow to use since u wrote etc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duflie View Post
    what other skills are we not allow to use since u wrote etc?
    that means all skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

500 plat for first place huh? i find it hard to believe mods r actually funding this event lol . No mod has even posted in this thread but we will see. good luck to all you guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gg Iacito. Got alot of lag bcz of phone...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Power went out, will be back on 5 min
    Iacito My guess: 2900

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

back
    Iacito My guess: 2900

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

updated brackets and included substitutions made, names dont always reflect who fought.
    once i have time, i'll clear it up and sort it out, we are in the finish now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Firstly, I'd like to express my disappointment with the size of the tournament. 32 pvpers, the majority being in the Deviant Mistifs guild (sidenote: organizers competing in their own tournament..), is far too few. I know of a number of people from my guild, top page pvpers capable of winning, who were turned down from participating in the tournament.
    Secondly, I commend the organizers who coordinated this event for the community. I cannot imagine the amount of time put into the organization of this tournament. My hope is that next time they plan a pvp tournament, they will structure it in such a way that everyone is included. Good luck to all participants, and most of all, have fun.
    Last edited by Prioritize; 02-09-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Im sooooo sorry I couldn't make it, I had a family emergency, my grandma's house flooded because the toilet thing cracked.... I hope I can make it to next one.

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

The time is confusing most peopke I know are from us. And thought u meant mst which is mountain time not uk time... thos needs to be clarified as I missed it
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prioritize View Post
    Firstly, I'd like to express my disappointment with the size of the tournament. 32 pvpers, the majority being in the Deviant Mistifs guild (sidenote: organizers competing in their own tournament..), is far too few. I know of a number of people from my guild, top page pvpers capable of winning, who were turned down from participating in the tournament.
    Secondly, I commend the organizers who coordinated this event for the community. I cannot imagine the amount of time put into the organization of this tournament. My hope is that next time they plan a pvp tournament, they will structure it in such a way that everyone is included. Good luck to all participants, and most of all, have fun.
    I agree , organizers should not be allowed to participate in their own tournament for many reasons.
    I would like to point out that the 2 organizers that are participating we're put up against nonranked/unknown players, while
    The ranked players were matched against one another the first round. Coincidence ? Hmm . I commend you guys tho for taking time to create the event , but I think e1 will agree , organizers being in the tournament only causes bias /unfair advantage to the rest.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gymfreak14 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I do understand your point and as it stands now I myself have a bad feelign about this. I had to end up compete due to lack of players turning up. Believe me, I did not want to do this. However ask anyone who has participated, that matches were fair and square.

Regarding the signups I don't know how else can I do it other than posting on the forum. Signups were open for at least 3 days. Which I do think is enough time for everyone to notice it and join. Yes the time might have limited some players to participate, but we had to decide on a certain time zone.

Also I would like to express my regret, that many people did not turn up for the event. This also resulted in a level of chaos at the start. Such players as Limsyoker and Avshow either were not online or did not reply to my messages. How am I supposed to involve them in any kind of tournament I wonder? Due to these issues I could not have more players entering. Blame me for having all misfits in this tournament, but what can I do, when others don't turn up? How can I make it more fair for them if they apply and then just disappear? I know vys had to go to work, but at least I got a message from him.

How the prizes will be awarded in light of the outcome of the tournament will be discussed with the devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    The time is confusing most peopke I know are from us. And thought u meant mst which is mountain time not uk time... thos needs to be clarified as I missed it
    I clearly stated GMT +0 multiple times, if you cannot understand I can't help you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    Also I would like to express my regret, that many people did not turn up for the event. This also resulted in a level of chaos at the start. Such players as Limsyoker and Avshow either were not online or did not reply to my messages. How am I supposed to involve them in any kind of tournament I wonder? Due to these issues I could not have more players entering. Blame me for having all misfits in this tournament, but what can I do, when others don't turn up? How can I make it more fair for them if they apply and then just disappear? I know vys had to go to work, but at least I got a message from him.
    I understand. My only question is why was I not allowed in the tournament when you had so few people show up?

Jack (41) - Dictate (26) - Adapted (26) - Decisive (16) - Priority (15)
    All posts are intended to inform or critique, not to flame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I understand. My only question is why was I not allowed in the tournament when you had so few people show up?
    I did not know that you wanted to enter, I cannot speak about this. The first round turned into a massive chaos with ppl missing, the room not working out. I included darkgenocide because I knew he wanted to play even tho he was late with sign up because there wasnt enough players. I'm sorry you were left out, that's all I can say. I wish we had an event with 32 players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

lol when i got in the match as a sub, there were mainly misfits They Gonna SHARE the 500 plat! it was a inside job the whole time! lol jk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It s only the fault of players who didn t come. Alot of them sign up and then they don t show up. People did alot of work show some respect. Great work guys for the first 1vs1 pvp tournament. Gratz for the winner xD Braind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I had an amazing time today kudos for having event i cant wait to compete again ty guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

gj deviant misfits
    Jed - Sorcerer, Crp - Sorcerer, Qad - Sorcerer, Puj - Warrior, Onf - Rogue
    Remember that thing about AL platinum only being used for elixirs and vanity? Yeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I cant see brackets so have no idea if iam even in or what order or anything