Thread: Ultimate sorcerer "pve" build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post
    Thanks for your advise. If i do get ice, light and time, which upgrade do you suggest i get so i'd have left over points for passive? (Fire will be maxed)
    Depends on how much u want left over for passives. Must haves for me include:

Fire: stun and DOT upgrades - I go back and forth on the increased area of effect, yes theoretically it will
    do more damage but I often find that it attracts unwanted agro (eg the mob behind jarl) due to its large
    area of effect. Also, I add the 25% hit reduction debuff for pvp, but less important for pve.

Frost: DOT and longer duration of DOT upgrades - I go back and forth on the aoe upgrade as only a
    small chance to do aoe damage and the slow and freeze work as an aoe without this upgrade when
    u charge. The ice patch thing seems totally worthless to me.

Light: I cannot speak as knowledgeably on this one but I would think the 15% damage increase and
    250% crit damage upgrades. Stun for an individual enemy seems worthless to me (except for in PvP)
    as bosses typically don't get stunned. Also for the RIP upgrade, I never like the upgrades that are
    15% chance if you kill the enemy with (like the frost ice patch).... seems like there are other more
    worthwhile things to spend points on.

For life: mana upgrade. If u want to be nice to teammates increase aoe upgrade (although I usually drop
    if pressed for points). The upgrades that give u 5 mana and 10 health for 10 sec start to have diminishing
    returns as you get to be a higher level and 50 mana and 100 health does not mean that much....

Sorry, I forgot you also wanted time....

For time: DOT, exploding clock and root upgrades.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 02-17-2013 at 11:55 AM.