Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Showcase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My Showcase.

It never really hit me to bother showing this to anyone on this forum since it's an app game based forum and there isn't an art sections. To my suprise Arjun said the community is Artistic so I figured this would interest some of you.

I've been using Adobe Photoshop for 4 years now (currently have CS5). I started this as a hobby when I was 13 and I've stuck with Photoshop ever since. Most of my work is signature-related but I've delved myself into large art, vector art, abstract, abstract realism, and a few other genre's of art.

Anyways, I hope you guys like it. C&C is always welcome.

(This is one of my abstract realism attempts)

(My first sprite attempt, it failed. xD)

(When I bought my I-Phone, orginally planned on making a userbar but ended up turning it into a sig lol)

(This is one of my large art pieces, Japanese art style influnenced the feel & style I used while painting this)

**The two main usernames I use are Tearitup10 & Murdoc (any variation of the name). Please don't rip my work and if you want to use it for something just ask, I'm not a stingy man. ALL of my work is copy righted & cited**
    Last edited by MurdocX; 10-08-2010 at 02:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Those are sick! Nice work! I want that last one blown up as art

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG MurdoX - m not at all artistic. ahh ok - read that sideways. . .not referring to me alone but community at large as i was. . .had me scared for a second. Wldn't be able to sketch a straight line if you held an alien blaster to my head. But still. I was referring to actually artistic members of the community like - Rebel, Tullen, and (while I hate's to admits it) RedRyder. . .

Oh and Kav and the other's who recently won and participated in the -Design of Helm contest. . . which it seem's to me you missed out on by like . . . that much. Ah well such is life.

Mebbe next time. Seriously, scope through the older posts - the official ones - and check out the Helm contest. Im pretty sure we all wld still like to see some ideas u wld have come up with. Or save em up for later.

I do have some idea's for graphics I'd like to see in our guild and I still needs help with graphics for my sig. and would compensate in uber-rare weapons and in-game gold and such if we can compose the same accordingly sometime. But then again. . . your stuff is wayyy wayy beyond the level of what I'm thinking.
    Last edited by Arjun; 10-08-2010 at 02:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    OMG MurdoX - m not at all artistic. ahh ok - read that side way. . .not referring to me alone but community at large as i was. . .had me scared for a second. Wldn't be able to sketch a straight line if you held an alien blaster to my head. But still. I was referring to actually artistic members of the community like - Rebel, Tullen, and (while I hate's to admits it) RedRyder. . .

Oh and Kav and the other's who recently won and participated in the -Design of Helm contest. . . which it seem's to me you missed out on by like . . . that much. Ah well such is life.

Mebbe next time. Seriously, scope through the older posts - the official ones - and check out the Helm contest. Im pretty sure we all wld still like to see some ideas u wld have come up with. Or save em up for later.

I do have some idea's for graphics I'd like to see in our guild and I still needs help with graphics for my sig. and would compensate in uber-rare weapons and in-game gold and such if we can compose the same accordingly sometime. But then again. . . your stuff is wayyy wayy beyond the level of what I'm thinking.
    Well my main computer that has Photoshop and my tablet is at a shop cause my Graphics Card burned out. However, you can PM me about details and when my computer is functioning next week we can talk.

^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will do. Will do. Fleshing out my ideas - now!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will do. Will do. Fleshing out my ideas - now!!!
    Lol, sounds good.
    "Auto-bots, let's roll out!" *runs away with cool Lincoln Park music faded in the background*

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Those are sick! Nice work! I want that last one blown up as art
    Sorry I didn't see that you had posted on my thread until this morning lol. Thank you, also what do you mean blown up? As in 10 ft by 10ft large art because I only made it big enough for wallpaper size standards lol. xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Murdoc I just love the bleach one, can you do one with rukia?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cry View Post
    Murdoc I just love the bleach one, can you do one with rukia?
    Sorry I don't mean to bump my own thread lol. I felt dumb only replying to Arjun.

Anyways, thank you! I actually have a lot of Anime Sigs that I didn't show but I don't recall ever thinking of making a Rukia one. Although IchiRuki is my OMGZORZzZzZz favorite anime couple, it never came to mind. When I get my computer back I'll be happy to take a crack at a Rukia sig for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Love it! hey reckon you could help me out with a sig something like the top one? would be so cool
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi MurdocX, I love the Japanese landscape you have made. I would use it as a wallpaper covering my living-room/bedroom.

Do you know what the symbols says?
    IGN:
    DIABLOBLACK lvl 45, ANGELOLIGHT lvl 45, DIOSWHITE and DEMONIODARK
    Proud member of: CFF (creative funny fellowship)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

x) Even though rukia is over used in the sig world, who else are we going to do Ai-Chan? Not a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nattissen_88 View Post
    Hi MurdocX, I love the Japanese landscape you have made. I would use it as a wallpaper covering my living-room/bedroom.

Do you know what the symbols says?
    Aha thank you. I'm flattered you want to use it as a wallpaper in your house!

About the characters or symbols, it's actually Japanese Haiku (style of poetry) from a late 19th centry Japanese Poet. I don't remember who wrote it to be honest but I do remember that it was about peace and tranquility. At the time I found it to be fitting to the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobane
    Love it! hey reckon you could help me out with a sig something like the top one? would be so cool
    Define 'help'. A lot of people think that there's a magical button you can press to make awesome signatures. However, it takes a lot of time to get good at making signatures because you have to perfect your skills, refine your techniques, and learning how to be resourceful in cetain situations. Don't forget creativity too, think outside the box.

My Advice:
    - Don't refer to google for help, unless your looking for resources like renders, C4D's, fractals, filters, etc.
    - If you're new to signature making I highly suggest joining a GFX-based forum. It helps to surround yourself with talented artists, it really does rub off on you over time.
    - Follow ALL tutorials loosely. If you follow a tutorial word for word all your doing is learning how to copy someone else. That doesn't mean you can't do what the tutorial tells you to do but try to experiment and add your own little twist, this will help you with developing your style.
    - Learn about terms and techniques such as Focal Points, Depth, Blending, Points of interest, etc.
    - Take all Critisism and try to learn from it on your next signature.

PM me if you need any good websites with tutorials, resources, etc.

Sorry I kind of dragged out your simple question, er... over doing things again. Silly me. Anyways, my answer is yes. Remember that there's a difference between helping and doing it for them. :]

Quote Originally Posted by cry
    x) Even though rukia is over used in the sig world, who else are we going to do Ai-Chan? Not a chance.
    Yeah I know she's a total sig hoar, but we love her. <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Wow! Really love the last one and the Cloud from Final Fantasy one. Just wow! That landscape would make a superb desktop.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aha thank you. I'm flattered you want to use it as a wallpaper in your house!

About the characters or symbols, it's actually Japanese Haiku (style of poetry) from a late 19th centry Japanese Poet. I don't remember who wrote it to be honest but I do remember that it was about peace and tranquility. At the time I found it to be fitting to the mood.

You are a true artist
    IGN:
    DIABLOBLACK lvl 45, ANGELOLIGHT lvl 45, DIOSWHITE and DEMONIODARK
    Proud member of: CFF (creative funny fellowship)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are a true artist
    MurdoX - MurdoX - MurdoX [Chanting of]. . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chanting fail, missing a C there. Accent?

Anyways, sig hoar or not. We all wish to bed with her, wait not everyone wants that? x)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cry View Post
    Chanting fail, missing a C there. Accent?

Anyways, sig hoar or not. We all wish to bed with her, wait not everyone wants that? x)
    Dyslexia!! Accent no - juggling of more than just one silly little language. Thxs for head's up tho. Ooh. .. wait. There it goes. Woosh. S'too bad.

Not even gonna edit the old post. Bahahaha.

ps. . .who's her? wht planet r we on? M I missing something here?? Pfft. Nvrmind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rukia, watch some bleach x)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Could you make me a signature with one of these? They look awesome If you can I would like the pink one that says space jam except replace space jam with Cascade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Wow! Really love the last one and the Cloud from Final Fantasy one. Just wow! That landscape would make a superb desktop.
    Thank you! I made that one for a friend on an old game I used to play. He was a FF FREAK (but who isn't? Psh...).

You are a true artist
    Lol, more or less just an average joe conveying his imagination through visual expression. Jk jk, didn't mean to get all "Stoner Deep" on ya lol. But thank you!

- P.S.: I would totally smash Rukia if she were sleeping in my closet every night. -.^ Haha...

MurdoX - MurdoX - MurdoX [Chanting of]. . .
    LOL! Hey I got a call from the dude down at Geek Squad. They have to wait a week more for my video to arrive, then I can have it back. Also, I found that competition thread for the helmet design, it's too bad I missed it! I hope another comes soon. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Could you make me a signature with one of these? They look awesome If you can I would like the pink one that says space jam except replace space jam with Cascade
    I'm pretty sure I have the PSD for that signature somewhere on a file on my main computer. Sadly, my main computer is over at geek squad to be fixed. I'll have my computer back next week, up and running, if you can wait that long. :]