Quote Originally Posted by Kokonani View Post
I've never used Photoshop Elements just because I got my hands on Photoshop C6 first. I did take a look at the tools in Photoshop elements and from what I've seen, it has all the tools you need.

The basic and most importants tools you need to know are:

Layers - allows you to work on different parts of the project without ruining the whole; allows you to stack/partial hide layers (good for making plate armor). Theres more that layers can do...such as using it to darken, lighten, give subtle pattern to the layers underneath etc. I sometimes even use it as a template to delete other part of other layers. Oh last but not the least, duplicating a layer can save you some time. For example, most of my entries above, I only did one side of the armor and just duplicated that side, flip it horizontally, and edit/retouch up on the other side.

Selection tool of your choice (Lasso tools, mask, or pen tool) - according to an article I read on some professional graphic art magazine, they said that "if you are not using the pen tool to select than you are doing it wrong!". I say just do what ever you feel comfortable with. If it's a professional commercial piece then sure go with the pen (cause pens grab all the gradient pixels).

Brush tools- there are different types of brushes you can download and create really cool pre-drawn patterns for you...such as scary trees, clouds, etc. Very fun. I use the soft brush a lot to shade or lighten although you can use the burn and dodge tools for those as well...I tend to use both.

Really there is no one way to do things in Photoshop or Photoshop type programs. By the way, use these tools in combination of each other not in isolation of each other...for example, use selection and the brush tool to paint/shade or highlight a selected area. Also, like my teachers have always said, these new computer programs are real cool but you still need to know basic drawing, understanding shapes and colors for your work to work.
Cool thanks! Because i got it free with a bamboo tablet well my dad bought the tablet but um... I sorta jacked it :P

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall