Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pl vs al

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Haha. Whenever I switch to PL after playing AL, I'm all like "OMG 360 DEGREE MOTION. SWEET FREEDOM!"
    Totally agree! And when I fire up AL I keep craning my head around trying to look behind me.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

My own view regarding AL to be harder to learn was based on the general view of the game.

In AL even as u gear ur main, there are always int, dex and str options for gears, there are necklaces for it and even pets affect ur stats and their special attack move must be taken into consider how u play the game. Sure, u can do the same in PL, right? But in that case u must change ur attributes while in AL u can choose for INT giving stuff, HP giving stuff, Dodge + Crit stuff and so fort no matter how u put ur attributes. Gearing character for effective gameplay is way harder in AL as u have to take in mind that ur gear affects ur way to play not only gearwise but way more significantly statwise. In PL u can just put pure dex on bird and give him a bow and matching armor and helmet and u have ur perfect char. But in AL, u have to think ur gearing way more.

Sure, AL has less skills. But unlike in PL u have to choose how the skill evolves while in PL this is just +10 dmg, +10 this and that for each rank.

Keep in mind that I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    game needs some regular gaming knowledge to become "pro"

Sure AL is easier for a totally casual player who just wants to have some fun. But becoming pro in AL is way harder than it is in PL.
    Last edited by dudetus; 03-01-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    My own view regarding AL to be harder to learn was based on the general view of the game.

In AL even as u gear ur main, there are always int, dex and str options for gears, there are necklaces for it and even pets affect ur stats and their special attack move must be taken into consider how u play the game. Sure, u can do the same in PL, right? But in that case u must change ur attributes while in AL u can choose for INT giving stuff, HP giving stuff, Dodge + Crit stuff and so fort no matter how u put ur attributes. Gearing character for effective gameplay is way harder in AL as u have to take in mind that ur gear affects ur way to play not only gearwise but way more significantly statwise. In PL u can just put pure dex on bird and give him a bow and matching armor and helmet and u have ur perfect char. But in AL, u have to think ur gearing way more.

Sure, AL has less skills. But unlike in PL u have to choose how the skill evolves while in PL this is just +10 dmg, +10 this and that for each rank.

Keep in mind that I said:

Sure AL is easier for a totally casual player who just wants to have some fun. But becoming pro in AL is way harder than it is in PL.
    All you have to do in PL is get to level 10 and buy a forg bow. There are level 10 twinks just for that purpose, to wear nothing but a forg bow at level 10 (and probably a ring) and troll rush with hidden KDR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just play al cuz sts is moar worried about AL ONYL
    Hello! , ign Calmdowncharl