Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: App crashing constantly!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,900 Posts

Re: sgs2 - I've gotten one crash log that was sound related, and the only other ones I've gotten, if they were actually from what people are reporting as the crash, were from the task manager killing it. It may be there's some problem where the task manager is killing PL even though it's in the foreground, but I haven't gotten a log of a crash that appears to be an actual crash, and nothing related is showing up in the android market crash reports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Re: sgs2 - I've gotten one crash log that was sound related, and the only other ones I've gotten, if they were actually from what people are reporting as the crash, were from the task manager killing it. It may be there's some problem where the task manager is killing PL even though it's in the foreground, but I haven't gotten a log of a crash that appears to be an actual crash, and nothing related is showing up in the android market crash reports.
    That's certainly possible. Samsung has made considerable modifications to Android that deviate from the AOSP code. Perhaps some of those modifications are not entirely stable? There is a built in task manager on many of Samsung's Android offerings.

Interestingly enough, this doesn't seem to happen on any of the galaxy s i9000 series phones or its variants. It could be new to the latest version of Touchwiz.

@Futumish:

The other thing I have noticed is that several Tegra 2 phones have been experiencing instability. The Motorola Atrix and the LG Optimus 2x both have had users complaining about abrupt crashes. One thing that is common is that they are all dual core ARM Cortex A9 processors.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 06-15-2011 at 01:39 AM.