Thread: New balanced weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Default New balanced weapons

I am thinking of buying or crafting one of the warrior weapons. Can someone give me a review of them? I don't know if they are worth the investment. Also don't know which one I want. With the right awakenings they sword can have more armor or aegis more damage so I guess which proc is better.

Thank you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Update, I have used both now.

Balanced aegis is okay. I asked my friends if they noticed the armor buff or healing proc. After a few runs they said no, not while running. However after the runs they said they didn't use as many pots as usual or die as often. You can see the amount it is healing when it procs and it looks like the amount it heals is based on how much damage you do. I was healing between 100 and 200 health each proc. Can't see how much the armor buff is helping but you can see the buff with the other buffs next to character name.

Balanced sword is my favorite weapon in the game now. Damage Proc looks like it's also based on how much damage you are doing. Since the sword does more damage overall the amount of damage the proc does is noticeable. I like that you are doing damage to the mob all around you. Can't fell exactly how much it is healing yet but since it is also based on the damage I'm doing I'm guessing it's more then the aegis.

I agree with every one else that the proc needs a buff and the price is ridiculous but I wouldn't trade it for any other weapon in the game right now.

Hopefully this helps someone else deside if the weapon is worth crafting or buying. It was hard for me to get information about the balanced weapons so feel free to ask me anything and I will answer as best I can.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Thanks for the info.
    Had the time to test them on pvp yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I am learning PvP but tested it today. It didn't change much for me . I tried both the damage and healing procs but with everyone running around with speed set I had a hard time seeing if it helped. When I did the ax pull and smash technique I had mixed results. I had a hard time even seeing who was on what team with all the particle effects, shields and procs going around with speed set. In theory it is a good weapon for PvP so I blame the user not the weapon. Did I mention I'm still learning?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Thanks for the review capeo. Just wondering....how does this sword compare to glintstone aegis in pve? I just can't imagine it being anywhere close to the damage output and aggro mantainace of glint aegis. Hence why I never bought a balanced sword. I also heard balanced sword is not that great in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    Update, I have used both now.

Balanced aegis is okay. I asked my friends if they noticed the armor buff or healing proc. After a few runs they said no, not while running. However after the runs they said they didn't use as many pots as usual or die as often. You can see the amount it is healing when it procs and it looks like the amount it heals is based on how much damage you do. I was healing between 100 and 200 health each proc. Can't see how much the armor buff is helping but you can see the buff with the other buffs next to character name.

Balanced sword is my favorite weapon in the game now. Damage Proc looks like it's also based on how much damage you are doing. Since the sword does more damage overall the amount of damage the proc does is noticeable. I like that you are doing damage to the mob all around you. Can't fell exactly how much it is healing yet but since it is also based on the damage I'm doing I'm guessing it's more then the aegis.

I agree with every one else that the proc needs a buff and the price is ridiculous but I wouldn't trade it for any other weapon in the game right now.

Hopefully this helps someone else deside if the weapon is worth crafting or buying. It was hard for me to get information about the balanced weapons so feel free to ask me anything and I will answer as best I can.
    Thank you for taking the time to make this thread and share. Question is the proc from sword a DOT or just Burst Damage?
    Imagine for the last 3 Years while being in your 20’s following another dude around the Internet...F Pathetic..Scll#TrannyActivity🤡🤮

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

So compared to glint aegis it's different. Damage is higher over all but you don't get the aggro or knock back. Obviously it doesn't have an added armor value unless your awakening gives it. When I'm in a mob the burst is hard to notice but everything in a certain radius takes damage. How much damage depends on how much damage you do with your main attack. I can jewel farm with it better then any weapon I've used before. One major difference I notice with the sword and the damage proc is when fighting the boss I can watch the bosses health go down, quickly. I have solo'd maus before and the boss took forever. Now I can kill any of them solo up to 5 or 6. So to answer both questions it's a burst not dot and the burst isn't the same as the glint aegis. I would love it if it did stun or collect aggro like the aegis. In exchange the overall damage output is higher.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    So compared to glint aegis it's different. Damage is higher over all but you don't get the aggro or knock back. Obviously it doesn't have an added armor value unless your awakening gives it. When I'm in a mob the burst is hard to notice but everything in a certain radius takes damage. How much damage depends on how much damage you do with your main attack. I can jewel farm with it better then any weapon I've used before. One major difference I notice with the sword and the damage proc is when fighting the boss I can watch the bosses health go down, quickly. I have solo'd maus before and the boss took forever. Now I can kill any of them solo up to 5 or 6. So to answer both questions it's a burst not dot and the burst isn't the same as the glint aegis. I would love it if it did stun or collect aggro like the aegis. In exchange the overall damage output is higher.
    Thanks for the info. I will admit I am shocked with some of what your telling me. Perhaps I need to give Balance sword a chance and test it. I've never heard of anyone saying balanced sword damage output overall is higher that glint aegis combined with magma aa. The damage created by glint aegis proc when Magma aa is activated is just insane is what im saying (for mobs of course). Fighting boss i would assume balanced sword does more damage than glint aegis cuz its single target and balanced sword has more base damage. However, have you compared duskbringer claymore vs balanced mythic sword on bosses? Because duskbringer claymore has much higher damage due to its 20 percent damage increase when you equip it (Even though it does reduce ur armor by 20 percent as well). Just wonder if balanced sword proc actually makes up enough for the lower damage it has compared to dusk claymore on boss fights. I am also really shocked you feel the Balance sword is better for farming jewels compared to glint aegis. I'm assuming you know and have used glint aegis extensively and correctly before yes?
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 06-13-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Thanks for answering my question Capeo in game. Going to wait and see what expansion brings but might buy one strictly for boss fights.
    Imagine for the last 3 Years while being in your 20’s following another dude around the Internet...F Pathetic..Scll#TrannyActivity🤡🤮