Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A big request from an old player. (Read this one, devs.)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bearuang View Post
    1. well alot of ppl spent times to afford those items with worth gold now because irs a good tdm weapon, so if its happen alot of ppl will be bankrupt
    2. whats make it diffrent now? everyone could afford fbow, if you say a nub with fbow spam skills could easy kill, how about old player with fbow?
    3. see from the pov where 18 bear could kill 22 bear because fbow (both got fbow) its also balance pvp, imagine if there are no fbow they will farm lower level so hard
    4. this is something more complicated than endgamers want 2pc to be craftable or asking for 3pc, so i think they will not do any act to this
    5. why its so hard to make ppl understand that they will give no more update..

@divine vodoo its 35 and shivering its 30, but demon its 25 and also there is a lv 25fbow
    When I use Fbow against other FBOW Bears it's just no fun because I win 49/50 fights with it. Demon claw makes it not as luck based. By spamming skills I didn't mean that literally. I mean people can just use beckon hs cb stomp sms and one or the other was usually dead by then. Fights that quick aren't based off of skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iamtony View Post
    When I use Fbow against other FBOW Bears it's just no fun because I win 49/50 fights with it. Demon claw makes it not as luck based. By spamming skills I didn't mean that literally. I mean people can just use beckon hs cb stomp sms and one or the other was usually dead by then. Fights that quick aren't based off of skill.
    So...one in fifty of your fights are ruined by bow? That's a 2% chance of a lucky fight occurring. Not sure what you're saying with this.

edit: also regarding your point about quick fights -

if you think fbows make fights quick now, prefbow fights were just as quick. You're forgetting that before fbows were introduced and nerfed, skill damage and buffs as a whole were higher. Also, quickness doesn't mean no skill at all. I think quick fights make HS bear even more skill based, because it allows the other bear less time to get lucky with a random HS to hit you and then somehow your HS misses. The only problem I had with the fbows prenerf were that fights were quick to the point where they lasted 2 seconds. Everyone had to have extreme knowledge of range (skill), but a win after a drain frost fire didn't leave me that satisfied. These days, I think fights are the perfect pace.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    So...one in fifty of your fights are ruined by bow? That's a 2% chance of a lucky fight occurring. Not sure what you're saying with this.

if you think fbows make fights quick now, prefbow fights were just as quick. You're forgetting that before fbows were introduced and nerfed, skill damage and buffs as a whole were higher. Also, quickness doesn't mean no skill at all. I think quick fights make HS bear even more skill based, because it allows the other bear less time to get lucky with a random HS to hit you and then somehow your HS misses. The only problem I had with the fbows prenerf were that fights were quick to the point where they lasted 2 seconds. Everyone had to have extreme knowledge of range (skill), but a win after a drain frost fire didn't leave me that satisfied. These days, I think fights are the perfect pace.
    I believe I've already stated that some of my words were exaggerated, so is the 49/50 fights. Also take a look here.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/exaggeration

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Fbow fights were quick pre nerf and they still are. Just not as quick as they used to be. Fbow fights are based off of luck usually. That's why I prefer using weapons that take skill. I can't even be sure if you played pre forgotten because you don't seem to understand that it was almost 100 percent balanced then. You tried saying WF stuff would rule pvp if these got taken out, people pre forg used WF a lot and ssc/plat pack sets a lot and they were all balanced. It didn't rule pvp back then when there wasn't even a such thing as an fbow or halloween armor/helm. Also don't get me weong, i like quicker fights but the fbow fights as of now are luck a lot of times, but there is a little more skill than luck involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Fbow fights were quick pre nerf and they still are. Just not as quick as they used to be. Fbow fights are based off of luck usually. That's why I prefer using weapons that take skill. I can't even be sure if you played pre forgotten because you don't seem to understand that it was almost 100 percent balanced then. You tried saying WF stuff would rule pvp if these got taken out, people pre forg used WF a lot and ssc/plat pack sets a lot and they were all balanced. It didn't rule pvp back then when there wasn't even a such thing as an fbow or halloween armor/helm. Also don't get me weong, i like quicker fights but the fbow fights as of now are luck a lot of times, but there is a little more skill than luck involved.
    Divine is a founder and I know he was here pre-nerf and pre-forgotten.

Also, fbow takes skill to use effectively. Yes, people often times use it in the way of spamming, spamming, spamming. However, it takes some skill to press the auto button and to know when to actually use it and what range it is.
    Last edited by AppleNoob; 02-24-2015 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Don't want to start an argument
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    Divine is a founder and I know he was here pre-nerf and pre-forgotten.

Also, fbow takes skill to use effectively. Yes, people often times use it in the way of spamming, spamming, spamming. However, it takes some skill to press the auto button and to know when to actually use it and what range it is.
    If someone is a founder that doesn't mean they were active back then. I have a founders account and i only have logged on it probably around 3-4 times. I didn't really like my old founders account because the founders helm and veteran stuff are the only vanities on them. My neighbor plays PL and I gave it to him while we were on the bus and I thought he'd like it but he got banned like a year ago. Lol.
    Last edited by iamtony; 02-24-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Yes, WF stuff used to also cost around 1-3M maximum back then, now the best stuff is 30M. There's a difference between affordable and exclusivity.

I also can't be sure if you played pre forgotten because you don't seem to understand that it was not remotely close to 100% balanced back then. Bears ruled low level PvP at level 15 back then, now there's tons of competition from L15 mages who can tank the lower damage from nerf, from L17 Rhinos who are given the ability to do some auto damage output and do insane combo damage, from L17 Nuke birds (although Xbow is easy to kill them with.) L27 was ruled by mages pre-nerf, any good kiter could kill a bear in one or two go arounds. These days, mages are still on top there, but bears have a chance. Foxes have a chance. Rhinos and birds don't though.
    You also seem to believe the removal of forgotten bows usefulness would remake PvP back to the nostalgic glory days. It won't. That would only reduce damage across the board, and reduce any balance that low level PvP actually has right now.

edits to all quotes coming:

I believe I've already stated that some of my words were exaggerated, so is the 49/50 fights. Also take a look here.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/exaggeration
    Dear Iamtony,

today I hope you learn that exaggeration should not be used in a conversation that involves people attempting to use facts and logic rather than outlandish claims derived from "exaggerations."

WF items are just as balanced as platpacks/ssc items. Why do you think there aren't any threads complaining about WF items after 2010 WF event?
    You seem to like Entertaining and his friend Yich. Please be directed to this quote from Yich, a credible source for low level twinking as they come:

"The previous "special" weapon. The Snowball Launcher (SBL), is very much overpowered in low level PvP. This was also a commonly used weapon before the forgotten bows, the 15 purple SBL. It ranged from 350-500k. The proc freezes your opponent if you're lucky, giving you the chance to stomp them for a COMBO, dealing extra damage and looking pretty sweet." --Yich in his thread specifically talking about the OPness of Forgotten Bows before the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    Insulting a founder, especially one who didn't buy it..
    Apple, I appreciate the support, but let's not start any side drama. I like this topic and I'd like to keep it on the rails.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes, WF stuff used to also cost around 1-3M maximum back then, now the best stuff is 30M. There's a difference between affordable and exclusivity.

I also can't be sure if you played pre forgotten because you don't seem to understand that it was not remotely close to 100% balanced back then. Bears ruled low level PvP at level 15 back then, now there's tons of competition from L15 mages who can tank the lower damage from nerf, from L17 Rhinos who are given the ability to do some auto damage output and do insane combo damage, from L17 Nuke birds (although Xbow is easy to kill them with.) L27 was ruled by mages pre-nerf, any good kiter could kill a bear in one or two go arounds. These days, mages are still on top there, but bears have a chance. Foxes have a chance. Rhinos and birds don't though.
    You also seem to believe the removal of forgotten bows usefulness would remake PvP back to the nostalgic glory days. It won't. That would only reduce damage across the board, and reduce any balance that low level PvP actually has right now.

Dear Iamtony,

today I hope you learn that exaggeration should not be used in a conversation that involves people attempting to use facts and logic rather than outlandish claims derived from "exaggerations."
    I've been playing bear since before there even was a pvp. I also understand fbows were completely unbalanced pre nerf, nowhere in this thread did i show I didn't understand that. But if the devs made buffs have more crit and dodge like they used to it would be like pre forg all over again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I've been playing bear since before there even was a pvp. I also understand fbows were completely unbalanced pre nerf, nowhere in this thread did i show I didn't understand that. But if the devs made buffs have more crit and dodge like they used to it would be like pre forg all over again.
    What your first sentence shows me is that you're reading slightly wrong. The thing you quoted was about pre FORGOTTEN, not pre nerf. I was answering to your statement that pre forg was balanced.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

What your first sentence shows me is that you're reading slightly wrong. The thing you quoted was about pre FORGOTTEN, not pre nerf. I was answering to your statement that pre forg was balanced.
    This thread is about going back to pre forgotten not nerf.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Dear Iamtony,

You seem to like Entertaining and his friend Yich. Please be directed to this quote from Yich, a credible source for low level twinking as they come:

"The previous "special" weapon. The Snowball Launcher (SBL), is very much overpowered in low level PvP. This was also a commonly used weapon before the forgotten bows, the 15 purple SBL. It ranged from 350-500k. The proc freezes your opponent if you're lucky, giving you the chance to stomp them for a COMBO, dealing extra damage and looking pretty sweet." --Yich in his thread specifically talking about the OPness of Forgotten Bows before the nerf.

Apple, I appreciate the support, but let's not start any side drama. I like this topic and I'd like to keep it on the rails.
    Read what i bolded.