Thread: Punk's no-stim needed build. Warning: Insanely effective.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Punk's no-stim needed build. Warning: Insanely effective.

Congratulations, by opening this topic you have just taken a step in the direction of being an incredibly effective tank that is very difficult to kill, WITHOUT USING ANY STIMS.The main purpose of this build is to rush mobs, create a cluster**** among them, gain aggro and then take them all out by yourself, or with your teammates. Don't change a thing, don't take any other skills other than what I have listed (at the current 31 cap) and don't add more points to anything that isn't listed. I'll explain why the abilities I don't have equipped are terrible for the way I play, and I will explain the proper way to use this build.

ABILITIES TO USE:

Vigor (6): You will want to spam this when in a battle, even if you're full on HP. Just incase. The second you rush into a mob or a boss, use this.
    Increase Mass (6): Right after using Vigor, use this. Your defense will be +300, and you will be virtually impossible to kill for a short time, just the right amount of time for this build to work it's magic, infact.
    Growing Rage (6): You get a whopping +60% critical. This is insane. It has a minute long recovery, but use it no matter what fight you are in, whenever. (Unless you are killing mobs right outside the boss, save it for the boss.)
    Singularity (1): Face it, this skill does basically no damage, even when maxed out. Because of this, why waste more points? At level 1, you have the bonus of pushing, knocking down and taunting your foes. This is a must have, and I STRONGLY recommend spamming this in every fight, no matter the quantity or difficulty of the enemy.
    Kinetic Reservoir (6): Sure, your damage goes down 10 for 5 seconds, (this adds up to 50), but for the next two seconds your damage increases 35 (adds up to 75), so you actually do more damage. Ontop of this, you gain +10 energy regen which is necessary for not using any stims and keeping your mana up. Use whenever your mana falls under 3/4.
    Graviton Slam (6): Use this to slow down mobs and make them easier to kill. Not a necesity, but it helps.

ABILITIES NOT TO USE:

Force hammer: Low damage, only taunts. Singularity is superior and also has AoE.
    Neutron Stomp: Low damage and only affects your immediate area. (May be good to use in the next update, with more points. But not right now, not with this build.)
    Gravity Well: This skill is the anti-kiting skill. This build is based on kiting.
    Nebula: The damage is low and you will be kiting the enemy, not nearby them. This skill is useless for this build.
    Backbreaker: It has the same problem as the other offensive skills. To put it simply, the input is not worth the output. Infact, with the time it takes to cast this, (Approx 1 second) you could attack twice with your weapon, thereby inflicting 2x asmuch damage. This skill just simply isnt worth using.

HOW TO FIGHT AND HOW TO SURVIVE WITHOUT POTIONS.

Enter every fight by using Increase Mass, Vigor and if possible, Growing Rage. (Spam Vigor and Increase Mass the second that they are useable, in every fight to ensure maximum pwnage.) Rush straight into the enemies, hopefully you have a cannon equipped, (any commando with any sense uses one), and then after a couple seconds, run back towards your team. Once the mobs start getting close to either you or your team, hit them with singularity and knock them the hell down. Use Graviton Slam if you feel like it to slow down the enemies, but you don't need to, it doesn't matter all that much.Then just finish the fight as you normally would.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Punktate; 09-30-2011 at 06:49 AM.
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Punktate For This Useful Post: