Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: SL End Game PvP Tourney

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quite a few people here with skewed logic.

There is a fine line between kiting/LoS-ing and flat-out running.

The issue that Silent is trying to address is that people are abusing the pillars. Players are allowed to use it tactically, not abuse it.
    For instance, an op and com are battling it out. They both reach the 10% HP mark. The Op proceeds to pillar hug and repeatedly waits for his Inner Focus cooldowns until he reaches full or nearly full HP.
    It's not hard to spec 6 points into Inner Focus and hide behind the pillars till I get full health and mana.

On the other hand, I find it completely acceptable if the player uses the pillars to constantly dodge/juke enemy skills. THAT, I would consider a smart tactic.
    Why? Both players have equal opportunities of staying away from damage. If one player chooses to use the hide behind the wall to avoid damage, he won't be able to deal damage as well.
    Whereas if you just hide behind the pillars for the sole purpose of healing back to full health, it doesn't mean your opponent can do it as well. See my drift?

It also baffles me how people complain about Commandos being overpowered in PvP. Coming from someone who plays both a capped Op and Com, I can honestly say that Ops still have the upper hand. With Gravity Well being broken, it would take extreme luck for a Commando to catch up to a decent Operative player. Once GW gets fixed, I can honestly say that backbreaker combo damage needs to be toned down a bit, to maintain balance. The main problem is that most people prefer to whine about classes being OP instead of actually finding out a way to beat them. If anything, Engineers need a much needed buff.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ProSophist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
    Quite a few people here with skewed logic.

There is a fine line between kiting/LoS-ing and flat-out running.

The issue that Silent is trying to address is that people are abusing the pillars. Players are allowed to use it tactically, not abuse it.
    For instance, an op and com are battling it out. They both reach the 10% HP mark. The Op proceeds to pillar hug and repeatedly waits for his Inner Focus cooldowns until he reaches full or nearly full HP.
    It's not hard to spec 6 points into Inner Focus and hide behind the pillars till I get full health and mana.

On the other hand, I find it completely acceptable if the player uses the pillars to constantly dodge/juke enemy skills. THAT, I would consider a smart tactic.
    Why? Both players have equal opportunities of staying away from damage. If one player chooses to use the hide behind the wall to avoid damage, he won't be able to deal damage as well.
    Whereas if you just hide behind the pillars for the sole purpose of healing back to full health, it doesn't mean your opponent can do it as well. See my drift?

It also baffles me how people complain about Commandos being overpowered in PvP. Coming from someone who plays both a capped Op and Com, I can honestly say that Ops still have the upper hand. With Gravity Well being broken, it would take extreme luck for a Commando to catch up to a decent Operative player. Once GW gets fixed, I can honestly say that backbreaker combo damage needs to be toned down a bit, to maintain balance. The main problem is that most people prefer to whine about classes being OP instead of actually finding out a way to beat them. If anything, Engineers need a much needed buff.

well said.