Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Switching teams penalized with a death

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I find it rather ironic you of all people area making a thread about having balanced teams after the way you disagreed with every single point I made in another thread about having team balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Say you're in a 2 vs 1 in your favor, and someone joins...and they join your team, making it 3 vs 1. Happens all the time. Instead of having the 1 kid leave making it 3 vs 0 and a waste of time, I usually leave the game and join the other team. Unfortunately, every time this happens I get a death. I don't get why leaving the game to make things fair penalizes me. It just further promotes unfair teams if you're going to get a death, something you're trying to avoid, for trying to be a good sport.
    Remember when you said this to me?

"If you see a team of 3 vs a team of 0...then leave. You don't have to join. If you join 3 vs 1, I don't know what else you expect to happen."

Just wondering why all of a sudden you have jumped the fence.

I'm sure STS is working on a way to better balance teams and a penalty system, just thought I'd throw this into the mix.
    Again something I mentioned was an issue in another thread and you responded with the above statement.

While I am pro 'rushing', a term I still believe to be fabricated in the minds of people who can't handle defeat,
    It is a term we have discussed with heated debate and you personally have made a point of bringing up any time you can. This is the definition of rushing on wikipedia. It's not a term people in SL have made up.

Rush (video games)
    - this also describes the masses of hundreds of players in massive, unorganized squabble in effort to win by gross numerical superiority. In these contexts, it is also known as Swarming, Cheese, Mobbing, Goblin Tactics or Zerging

On topic, I have always been a fan of having even teams which I have stated numerous times. Having a feature in game to prevent a team with numbers taking advantage of another team would be simple. Have a " Ready " button. Which I have already stated in other PvP threads.
    Last edited by Fac3bon3s; 12-07-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

If the visual identifier didn't make it in last night it will in the next patch. You'll now see a buff icon on your character when you are "In combat". Leaving the game while in this state will result in a death.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Awesome, thank you Thade!

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    Too long to quote
    I'm very aware what "rushing" is. This is 3 on 3 pvp. I don't really find that to be "hundreds of players in massive, unorganized squabble in effort to win by gross numerical superiority." This is a tiny room with no where to hide or do much of anything. You run forward, you're gonna encounter someone. There is no real "rushing" in this pvp. This is better defined as "unfair teams." Look at it like the movie 300. Thousands of Persians throw themselves at the 300 Spartans in an effort to weaken them from just sheer numbers. It's like throwing rocks at people with guns. You'll eventually get a few, but you're gonna lose a lot of people in the progress. This obviously isn't always the case, as you're going to have a team rushing with players of equal skill level or even better skills, and then it's just a massacre. The reason I say it's a figment of people's imagination in this game is because people call everything 'rushing.' Get killed in a 2 vs 2 because both people teamed up on 1 person? OMG RUSHING!?!? Your teammate doesn't spawn right away and you do, and you get killed. Holy crap, what a bunch of rushers!!! Playing 1 vs 1 and I run up to you and skill spam you? Call in the National Guard, cause we've got a rushing situation!! I never, ever said I would voluntarily join a game and make the teams 3 vs 1, and then proceed to slaughter that 1 person. I said that if you're on that team, what do you expect to happen? If you join a game and in the lobby you see it's 3 people on 1 team, and 0 on the other...and you join? You better believe you're getting 'rushed.' Before you can even type up a "hey let's do a 1 vs 1...you're probably dead."

My example clearly says: I was in a room where it was 2 vs 1. I joined up on the team with less points, but didn't attack because they asked me to let them 1 vs 1 until someone else came. Fine, it wouldn't have been fair anyways. Some new person joined, and instead of joining the team with 1 person, he joined our team, and jumped in the fight. Now we have 3 vs 1. Now it's not fair. Considering I was probably the highest level in the room, I left to switch teams to hep the kid out. I've won 2 vs 1 fights to 10 on my own before, I can handle myself pretty well. I am upset because I got a death when I hadn't engaged an enemy and I wanted to switch to his team to help him out. I know putting a "switch team" button is out of the question because people would just abuse it.

I may be pro "rushing," but I am pro rushing when the teams are relatively balanced and it's a relatively even fight. To me, this is not rushing. To a lot of others; it is. While I will not take part in a 3 vs 1 onslaught, I do know it's going to happen and it's part of the game. Put in too many rules and guidelines and the game becomes boring and slow. I like PvP because it's fast and different from PvE.

And having a "ready" button only works before the match starts. If we're forced to wait for a game to fill up before playing, you're going to be sitting around for like 30 minutes waiting for PUG matches to start.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post: