Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    No.

My post wasnt about reducing anything on rogues.

My point was when rogues do have such huge crit already a measly 6.5% reduction as a proc is just not good enough to make any kind of difference at all.
    At 3.5% chance (or a possible stack not sure) this is very low and imo wont be that overpowered to PVP; how about changing mages gem proc to 3.5% chance to add 6.5% crit bonus and reduced target crit 6.5% ( 2-3 targets) within that 6.5 sec duration.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    At 3.5% chance (or a possible stack not sure) this is very low and imo wont be that overpowered to PVP; how about changing mages gem proc to 3.5% chance to add 6.5% crit bonus and reduced target crit 6.5% ( 2-3 targets) within that 6.5 sec duration.
    Id we go down the route of adding crit instead of taking it away... as good of an alternative to the proc it is, My quarrel is with the abysmal % of the original crit reduction.

If the gems proc chance is the same across all classes then why cant the % of proc ability be the same for each corresponding class?

Something along the lines of say a 10% crit reduction, armour reduction and dodge reduction respectively.
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Id we go down the route of adding crit instead of taking it away... as good of an alternative to the proc it is, My quarrel is with the abysmal % of the original crit reduction.

If the gems proc chance is the same across all classes then why cant the % of proc ability be the same for each corresponding class?

Something along the lines of say a 10% crit reduction, armour reduction and dodge reduction respectively.
    On 41 pvp clash or fights it doesnt last more than 60 secs *approx. IMO theres no use pumping that debuff % value. Now on low level - clashes last for *gasp more than 5 mins each wipeout this is where all the factors in your avatar get to be utilized and this is where the build building comes fun.

Crit reduction on mages actually doesnt sound beneficial to the other 50% of the community the PVE runners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    On 41 pvp clash or fights it doesnt last more than 60 secs *approx. IMO theres no use pumping that debuff % value. Now on low level - clashes last for *gasp more than 5 mins each wipeout this is where all the factors in your avatar get to be utilized and this is where the build building comes fun.

Crit reduction on mages actually doesnt sound beneficial to the other 50% of the community the PVE runners.
    Ill agree with the fact that a crit reduction is pretty pointless in pve, if we are to be stuck with this proc then at least make it of substantial value.

What i wont agree with, is you dismissing the fact that % value doesn't need pumping because of low lvl pvp.

The effects of these kind of gems should be intended of higher lvl/capped players due to needing to be of substantial lvl to be able to farm for the chests that drop them.

Creating content designed and intended for people who are not lvling is ridiculous and I wont entertain the topic on this thread =\

I repeat. 6.5% crit reduction and a 1.5 bleed proc just isn't a good enough package when compared to what warriors and rogues are getting on offer!

Keep it fair please.

#mage4life
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ill agree with the fact that a crit reduction is pretty pointless in pve, if we are to be stuck with this proc then at least make it of substantial value.

What i wont agree with, is you dismissing the fact that % value doesn't need pumping because of low lvl pvp.

The effects of these kind of gems should be intended of higher lvl/capped players due to needing to be of substantial lvl to be able to farm for the chests that drop them.

Creating content designed and intended for people who are not lvling is ridiculous and I wont entertain the topic on this thread =\

I repeat. 6.5% crit reduction and a 1.5 bleed proc just isn't a good enough package when compared to what warriors and rogues are getting on offer!

Keep it fair please.

#mage4life
    Rogue Proc regardless of gem or combinations: 3.5% chance to proc hit reduced by 15%, dodge reduced by 10% for 6.5 seconds
    Sorcerer Proc regardless of gem or combinations: 3.5% chance to proc crit reduced by 6.5% for 6.5 seconds, and adds bleed that damages 1.5% health every second for 6 seconds (9% total, bosses would be immune or take a reduced amount of damage, say 0.5% per tick)
    I suggest the dodge debuff is taken from rogues and given to the sorcer proc. While the bleed proc is taken from the sorcerers and given to the rogues. Something like snare or movement reduction+bleed wont be bad at all for a rogue, afterall slowing down the enemy is a defensive counter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

In any case, 6.5% or 10% value on 3.5% chance wont have a balance changing effects on PVP but keeping it at the modest option of 6.5% for all levels seems to be the better choice.