One thing I think may be incorrect is how you calculated your Crit.

Crit is dependent on the armor of a mob. So if a mob has 50 armor and your average equipped damage is 55.5 (your effective damage will be 5.5 damage to a mob), your crit will only be 5.5*1.33 = 7.315 damage.

Also, these crit hits, along with your normal hits) will only land your hit% of the time, 3 times, i.e. .78*3 = 2.55 times of crit landing per 100 attempts.

Lets say you are at 55.5 damage. .78((97*55.5)+(1.33*55.5*3))=221.445+5383.5=5604.9 45 * .78 = 4371.857 (nearly the same, but it doesn’t take into consideration any armor from a mob which will reduce this number).

And with your crit implant: ((1.33*55.5*6)+(97*55.5)).78 = 4544.58 Which is over 100 points different.

Additionally, you have to take into consideration enemy armor and dodge. Boss armor is very high it seems in this game, and many people (when fighting guardian) only land hits from 2 - 8 damage even with crits landing. So this is going to drastically reduce the differences in the “real world” environment.

Another thing you must consider is the scenario of which you are fighting. If you are in group mob combat, the more important factor is going to be your base skill damage, in the words of Royce, “clearing mobs is really more about high sustained damage output over time”, and your DPS comes into play as well.. Skill damage is quite important when you are "on the field" in combat, (I know these numbers make sense on paper, but true combat is what really matters).You want all of your AOE attacks to affect the most amount of mobs in the highest possible fashion. Whereas with a boss, you want more DPS and may want to have a bit more crit so you can chip away at the boss faster.

Honestly, the skill damage for an Engineer is what really matters most. With the increase in base damage, there is a direct translation to an increase in both skill heals and damage. i.e. if your base damage is up 5 points, then you will heal the entire team more, which is more important than that tiny bit of damage you are chipping away at the guardian.

Another point is that (in the future) characters will begin to get higher amounts of base hit%, and using past experience with Pocket Legends, hit% is capped at around 85% or so. So if you have 150 hit%, you will still only hit a max of 85% of the time. And as you can see in the diagram, Hit% is the first step in the game engine deciding whether you landed a hit or not.

Physiologic's awesome hit mechanics picture: