Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Top Guilds Listing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    H2N / Devs,

I see your concept for posting rankings. From a player perspective I think I would like to know if my guild is nipping on the heels of the guild 1 spot above me or if a guild is closing in on our spot below me. I think most players would like to see the actual numbers.

Really, my only qualm is manipulation of data in non-violating sts terms and conditions ways. My biggest issue with the leaderboard as it stands is the lumping together of all levels of characters together. You can easily have a twink that's level 16 having a 9,000 kills to 400 deaths pvp ratio which doesn't take into reality the realm in which top capped players are fighting in. This isn't something I think can be avoided as any player could farm twink pvp kills and just level up afterwards or do "guild farm" sessions to fix their pvp numbers. It is, however, another leaderboard / category statistic that would highlight the underlying problem that I see. It's kind of like if you lumped kindergarten grades with highschool and had a leaderboard "who has the most A's this year" - the kids at the bottom can easily get better grades and with the older kids at the top it's going to be much more difficult. By adding another layer to the system I think it's going to force a lot of people to be even more conservative with their picking and choosing of teams and quitting if they die a couple times - same goes for pve pick up groups and that's my biggest concern.

Everything else besides k/d ratio I'm all for. I always like to encourage guild members to get elite achievements and help with farming / leveling. Often they see little reason to go for achievements the further along we get in the game if they are new because the achievement mountain is that much higher every expansion. One of the most positive aspects of this proposal is that it encourages guild members to help each other - and that I'm all for.
    Remember, only guild members of level 10 or above are included in the calculations, so it does require the guild member to do some work to get up to at least level 10 before she can contribute to the guild's standing as far as the Top 50 Guilds listing is concerned. The level 10 cutoff is just a number we're currently tossing around. The final list may use a different level cutoff. What are your thoughts on the level 10 cutoff? Should it be higher? lower? Should it be fixed? Should it be relative to the level cap currently in place at the time the report is run - like "half the current level cap" (which would be 15 at this time), or "10 levels below the current level cap" (which would be 21 at this time)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    Remember, only guild members of level 10 or above are included in the calculations, so it does require the guild member to do some work to get up to at least level 10 before she can contribute to the guild's standing as far as the Top 50 Guilds listing is concerned. The level 10 cutoff is just a number we're currently tossing around. The final list may use a different level cutoff. What are your thoughts on the level 10 cutoff? Should it be higher? lower? Should it be fixed? Should it be relative to the level cap currently in place at the time the report is run - like "half the current level cap" (which would be 15 at this time), or "10 levels below the current level cap" (which would be 21 at this time)?
    10 levels below would be good