Thread: Quality of Life buff for Fox

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tpfelblatt View Post
    If you are saying that fox needs a lower cooldown for the unstun part of Evasion, then I agree. But I'd go at it in a different way because that skill directly affects the combatativeness of Fox. In every stage of PvP; twink or endgame. It deserves a whole new thread imo.

I've tried it and I don't disagree, but at the same time I think its effect is negligible. I'm guessing that you are talking about Fox vs Bird/Bear FFA 1v1 in Lvl 40 specifically. Fox will take off its 25 Elite armor which sets Health to 500 something and pops the lv6 Bandage and runs to full health. This change would make that playstyle more effective. Then again, if you really want to play like that, you can already do that right now The 13.75 seconds shaved off don't really do much. You'll get to fight 13.75 seconds sooner.

OP means over powered, right...? Bandage... overpowered??!?
    It's not OP in the literal sense of being a game changer but since it's on the fox class, arguably the most broken class depending on how you view mage, it's a problem. At 110 yeah it's weak considering birds can heal for half HP at best in honor, but down in 40 that's not the case. You already do not need to use shred as it is since your damage is so high. The extra kick to vitality would make you a even dangerous opponent. I'm talking 40 honor here. FFAing a fox with another buff towards it, in this case a halved Bandage, would mean players who main fox would run until they can spam bandage until full. Considering 1v1ing a fox as any other class would see you losing I'm sure you'll get the point.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 03-08-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    It's not OP in the literal sense of being a game changer but since it's on the fox class, arguably the most broken class depending on how you view mage, it's a problem. At 110 yeah it's weak considering birds can heal for half HP at best in honor, but down in 40 that's not the case. You already do not need to use shred as it is since your damage is so high. The extra kick to vitality would make you a even dangerous opponent. I'm talking 40 honor here. FFAing a fox with another buff towards it, in this case a halved Bandage, would mean players who main fox would run until they can spam bandage until full. Considering 1v1ing a fox as any other class would see you losing I'm sure you'll get the point.
    Yea but we r talking bout 110 fox all he has to do is buff l8-10 skills and 40 wont be affected

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holdmytalons View Post
    Yea but we r talking bout 110 fox all he has to do is buff l8-10 skills and 40 wont be affected

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    That's what i said...the problem is when you don't mention Endgame Level skills, 7+, the devs take the suggestion as a global buff. As cinco said he doesn't nerf classes by level range but by global. When foxes was buffed in 100 it absolutely ruined the hierarchy of Low level PvP, 16-76. Foxes went from a already A tier class in 22 to being a S tier that not even 27s and 30s wanted to fight. Foxes became/are the most annoying thing to exist in 35 and 40 since OG fbows, Dodge Era PvP, and when the devs had tinsel and gleam be usable in PvP. Being a fox in 40 usually sees you get teamed or called out by other players for using the class.

Take bears as another example. Thanks to dodge being so OP in 40, 56, and endgame thanks to gear exploitation the entire class was jacked by the dodge nerf. Even still to this day i only use 3 evasion in endgame because anything higher doesn't work. The entire skill is as good as meditation at this point.

Another example and the biggest of them all is birds. One level ruined it for over 70% of the games level base.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 03-08-2020 at 08:40 PM.