Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Change to Skills: Global Cool-Down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shadow caves will need to be made easier or character damage made more powerful. Sure its a challenge to begin with, and its an elite cave so no fluff. But even with a skilled group of players, it is ridiculously expensive from all the pot burning, time consuming and just overall a map thats fun but with very little reward. Slowing down the rate at which spells are fired is going to make the map even more barren than it is today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did some calculations. At least for a mage, a 0.5 second cool down would technically not change the overall possible skill rate. Basically, the 0.5 second cool down means you can do 2 skills per second. When you look at the per skill cool down rates and figure out how many skills per second that means*, you end up with about 1.85 per second maximum -- less than the two allowed under the GCD.

However, being so close to the peak rate does mean scheduling them properly is much more difficult. And when actually look at how they end up laying out (in time), this ends up creating some occasional gaps. That said, this is assuming all skills are being used. If you pick your favorite 10 or fewer, it gets easier. For example, I don't yet use Magic Shield and I don't spam resurrect as fast as possible. (It's side effect is said to be around 60 seconds long, and I need the revive available more than I need the side effect.)

(* For instance, heal can be done once every 3 seconds, so it eats up 0.33 "skills per second.")

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Dead horsie...this has been thoroughly kicked for 31 pages with dozens of scenarios discussed...it is coming, and we will see how it really is, instead all of our collective WAGs and predictions of doom and gloom, or how superawesometastic it will be.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a suggestion that might work. How about give every player a chance to select two skills that won't be affected by this global cool down period. I mean this will make each character more unique in a way that each has their specialized skills that they are really good at. An attack mage may choose the ice and fire to be their skill of choice while a healing/defense mage may choose healing and reviving as the two skill that are not affected. This way each character could still have two skills to spam. Its like a win win situation. The developers get what they want, and we get our two spamming skills to use.
    After all, a skilled character should be able to multi-task two of their best skills. Just a thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^^^ Seems like a decent idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I totally agree with this modification on the skills but there's just one little issue what about the heal skill of mages I mean it's going to be kinda hard to heal party and not do any dmg would be a way to change the Mage class from being an independent class to a support class in the pve in-game experience well that my opinion hope it helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is the only thing about gcd that worries me. Missing crucial heals. Some ppl would say multiple mages would cure this problem. But if they all heal at the same time it fixes nothing. I still think cool down's benefits far out weigh the bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

After the reads, I don't like the idea of this effecting pve...... It was bad enough when the change timings in 45 to 50 period just to have the changes undone. Played my bird because of that. Now I play my mage and bear. I don't care about pvp anymore, so have at it. Just don't make us casual longtime players go somewhere else because game play may slow down.
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is going to rock !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I read some of the comments but I have a short attention span so just jumped over here after page 9 or so. Sorry if I'm repeating what's been said. I have learned to play my mage by coming here and reading a ton. I'm afraid I'm going to have to relearn to play all over again. That is kind of sucky for someone who hasn't played any video games since Super Mario Brothers. I don't have experience from other MMO's to draw upon. I am going to give it a chance but I do hope it's not going to kill me a ton or cause me to have to relearn a new play style. I thought I'd give the opinion of a casual, non-gaming player. This game turned a non-gamer into someone who loves playing this game! I'm hoping the change isn't going to make it less enjoyable. Time will tell!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable. I was making runs today and paying more attention to my skill timing and it wont affect my playing style in the least. There's no need to worry, the devs are not interested in losing players. It's what pays the bills. They have tested the timing and it will be just fine. It will be noticed the most in PVP and it will be a good thing there.

I think now would be a good time for everyone to have a "Who Moved My Cheese" reading party! Yay!

Tiliana - 54 Pure Int Mage & Atilian - 21 Pure Dex Archer
    Spamming the heals and living the dream once again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalio View Post
    After the reads, I don't like the idea of this effecting pve...... It was bad enough when the change timings in 45 to 50 period just to have the changes undone. Played my bird because of that. Now I play my mage and bear. I don't care about pvp anymore, so have at it. Just don't make us casual longtime players go somewhere else because game play may slow down.
    Lol a casual player with three level 55's already and a 50??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If there is global cooldown for pve the maps will get longer
    So than the elixers will have less use cuz u kill less.
    This is a suggestion but you could change the elixer
    Time limit to 6- 8 min. Another thing u guys can
    do is change the amount of monsters in some maps because
    Ppl wanna farm and it takes too long. Overall I'm very excited
    About it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If there is global cooldown for pve the maps will get longer
    So than the elixers will have less use cuz u kill less.
    This is a suggestion but you could change the elixer
    Time limit to 6- 8 min. Another thing u guys can
    do is change the amount of monsters in some maps because
    Ppl wanna farm and it takes too long. Overall I'm very excited
    About it

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Perhaps provide a video? STS be aware that the first five minutes this update is here, there will be many flaws coming from other people. A video could really show us and then people definitely could give opinions THAT HELP US ALL. I'm sure by now, the update will be coming so a video seems kind of impossible to just throw out there for players to see. I think this could help however.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.
    I beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just updated and tried a keeper run in vl....wow...are you serious? It took forever! And this was an experienced group. Most def. Thumbs down!!! I only PvE...farming runs = gone, item prices will rise...no fun, how long to get to lvl 56? If this was done because ppl complained about PvP, then fix it there...not in PvE....it has destroyed my enjoyment of pocket legends. I can only say fix it by putting it back the way it was...no "new" coke...just coke "classic"...there will be unintended consequences for this that will affect the entire game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Not a fan of GCD even a little bit. We play for fun and entertainment. GCD makes the game slow and mechanical.Please dump it or make it PVP only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Jira View Post
    I beg to differ.
    Totally agree...not noticeable!? Seriously?! It oblitetated my playing style. Elixers time post by fizz just confirms my point...unintended consequences....it wasn't broke...don't fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perhaps instead of a .5 GCD it should be something less? idk the rate.. i was trying to do runs and it was awful..
    mages can't seem to cure fast enough, the game is rather slow and annoying now..
    I agree this GCD should be PvP.. not PvE...
    You can't go from a Ferrari to a shopping car overnight... It just doesn't make sense!