Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What if they could sell Pocket Legends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebeast View Post
    Pl players faith in STG = 7.45/100
    Nope
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

I doubt they would sell PL and I wouldn't want them to. So what if they aren't fixed on PL right now. They were for what like 3 years? Let AL have their turn at making them the money they need to keep PL running. Besides, without STS PL might never be the same again. If they were to sell it who's to say PL wouldn't be completely changed? Other companies aren't going to have the same design team and whatnot and they wouldn't think the same way STS does. Just stop making all these threads about PL and its end. STS has said many times that without AL they wouldn't have the money to keep PL around. They are using AL as their money maker because its new and has more potential right now because more can be done with it since it doesn't run on the older programs like PL does. Please just stop with the threads about stuff like the end of PL and such. I'm sure they will come back to us soon. Didn't a dev say a little while ago that they called a meeting about what they can do with PL? That means they are planning something with PL and we should wait and see what it is but you have to be patient and it will come.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to programmed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheScaryBeary View Post
    I doubt they would sell PL and I wouldn't want them to. So what if they aren't fixed on PL right now. They were for what like 3 years? Let AL have their turn at making them the money they need to keep PL running. Besides, without STS PL might never be the same again. If they were to sell it who's to say PL wouldn't be completely changed? Other companies aren't going to have the same design team and whatnot and they wouldn't think the same way STS does. Just stop making all these threads about PL and its end. STS has said many times that without AL they wouldn't have the money to keep PL around. They are using AL as their money maker because its new and has more potential right now because more can be done with it since it doesn't run on the older programs like PL does. Please just stop with the threads about stuff like the end of PL and such. I'm sure they will come back to us soon. Didn't a dev say a little while ago that they called a meeting about what they can do with PL? That means they are planning something with PL and we should wait and see what it is but you have to be patient and it will come.
    Thanks, I don't have the patience to type like you did, remind me to thank your post when I have one
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree with your points regarding PL as a game but i dont agree with selling it. I hope the dev can read this thread. if they make AL by adopting PL they can also try to adopt to AL to use PL to have more funds for them. If the crates in AL gives them more sale why not try it to PL so that sales can increase. I hope the statements that are posted above will be put into consideration.

Thank you and Good day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Sell Pocket Legends

Guys give sts a break, their just doing what every other company would, spend most of their time on their best game, ill just say though the events in all the othe legends games need improvement not just pl

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact:1417813
    Guys give sts a break, their just doing what every other company would, spend most of their time on their best game, ill just say though the events in all the othe legends games need improvement not just pl
    Didn't we give StG their break for ONE YEAR o_O?

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

The answer is no. Case closed.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

You know that I love you all for your passion and enthusiasm for Pocket Legends.

I know that the below is probably "too long, didn't read" and that I won't make you happy because I won't promise a new expansion for Pocket Legends. Sorry.

The fact is we're not in this just for the money, just for a job. I think that very few are in gaming for the $$. Their are a lot more lucrative industries if money is what you are after. As for Spacetime, I can say with some authority that we're in it because it is our passion and we couldn't see ourselves doing anything else.

As for running a successful business, yeah, that is hard. If you don't know about that, well then don't throw stones, ok? Learn a bit about what it takes to run a business and then come back and let's chat, thanks We're a small shop, doing ok for now largely because of the hit that Arcane Legends is and our latest Battle games.

As for selling Pocket Legends, honestly, it's all theory, because honestly few would even be interested and like I said, we'd have to do a lot of work to make it something that is even sellable. Even if we could package it up where someone would want to buy it who wanted to aggressively develop it like you want it to be - why would we create a competitor for Arcane Legends?

As others in this thread have brought up, you should be thankful for the success of Arcane Legends and the Battle Games because without them (and the learning that we gained from Star and Dark) we wouldn't even have had Arcane. I know that we're talking about Pocket Legends right now, but really, Arcane is its spiritual successor. Pocket is a great game and thousands of people have fun with it every day. But going back to Arcane, 100's of thousands enjoy that game daily. The work and cost to make an expansion for PL is about the same (honestly, even more because of the state of it) than making an AL expansion. As a small shop (we're under 40 people folks - many of those are CS/QA/HR and not the people that make what you want) we just can't do everything.

Life is full of hard decisions. Every quarterly planning I ache personally at our inability to put together full on rockin' expansions for PL (and SL and DL). I know that people want them. But - we are for AL which is where the vast majority of our fans are and I feel great about the stuff that we are able to make. Arcane Legends winning accolades for 2013 is a big testament to what we are able to do. We plan to keep that momentum going for as long as we can.

As I started off, I love you guys for your dedication and passion for Pocket Legends. Thanks.

PS. Also, thanks for keeping the conversation friendly. We're people too and being mean about the hard choices we have make doesn't make a continuing conversation easy.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just an idea, if the devs cannot think of other expansion why not recycle some episode that promotes quest. Many threads i read are expressing excitement with AO and humania episodes. Players are asking for new cap and expansion just to have elite rings (like me) also for fox and rhino. So it will be better for us newbie players if we can have a chance to have some.

Thank you and Good day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:1417913
    Hey guys,

You know that I love you all for your passion and enthusiasm for Pocket Legends.

I know that the below is probably "too long, didn't read" and that I won't make you happy because I won't promise a new expansion for Pocket Legends. Sorry.

The fact is we're not in this just for the money, just for a job. I think that very few are in gaming for the $$. Their are a lot more lucrative industries if money is what you are after. As for Spacetime, I can say with some authority that we're in it because it is our passion and we couldn't see ourselves doing anything else.

As for running a successful business, yeah, that is hard. If you don't know about that, well then don't throw stones, ok? Learn a bit about what it takes to run a business and then come back and let's chat, thanks We're a small shop, doing ok for now largely because of the hit that Arcane Legends is and our latest Battle games.

As for selling Pocket Legends, honestly, it's all theory, because honestly few would even be interested and like I said, we'd have to do a lot of work to make it something that is even sellable. Even if we could package it up where someone would want to buy it who wanted to aggressively develop it like you want it to be - why would we create a competitor for Arcane Legends?

As others in this thread have brought up, you should be thankful for the success of Arcane Legends and the Battle Games because without them (and the learning that we gained from Star and Dark) we wouldn't even have had Arcane. I know that we're talking about Pocket Legends right now, but really, Arcane is its spiritual successor. Pocket is a great game and thousands of people have fun with it every day. But going back to Arcane, 100's of thousands enjoy that game daily. The work and cost to make an expansion for PL is about the same (honestly, even more because of the state of it) than making an AL expansion. As a small shop (we're under 40 people folks - many of those are CS/QA/HR and not the people that make what you want) we just can't do everything.

Life is full of hard decisions. Every quarterly planning I ache personally at our inability to put together full on rockin' expansions for PL (and SL and DL). I know that people want them. But - we are for AL which is where the vast majority of our fans are and I feel great about the stuff that we are able to make. Arcane Legends winning accolades for 2013 is a big testament to what we are able to do. We plan to keep that momentum going for as long as we can.

As I started off, I love you guys for your dedication and passion for Pocket Legends. Thanks.

PS. Also, thanks for keeping the conversation friendly. We're people too and being mean about the hard choices we have make doesn't make a continuing conversation easy.
    I actually read everything that you wrote, and honestly I understand where you're coming from with the whole 100's of thousand million hundred thousand players that play AL and all...but I'm sure you guys can work on something even if it's adding crafted sets and such to the existing cap in PL. I'm still a pretty active player, but I've moved on to almost strictly playing gaming consoles, and spending my money on that then PL. The only true thing about AL that IMO makes it even slightly better would be the graphics.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

i say there are NO MORE GAMES!

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #52
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aav5224 View Post
    i say there are NO MORE GAMES!
    That's just being silly.

If you have ever worked in a retail environment, you'll know that customers are always looking for the latest and greatest. New is cool. Just hang out for a bit in a GameStop store and you'll hear people ask, "So, what's new?"

To reiterate, if we hadn't learned from Star and Dark and built Arcane, Spacetime likely wouldn't be around right now (at least not in it's current incarnation - that includes Pocket Legends running).

We will continue to build new games because that's the path to growth. We know this from having done it. I know you are coming from the viewpoint of a Pocket Legends afficiando, so I completely understand your feeling that new games are taking away from the game you want to see developed - but again, if we don't grow, we won't thrive.

Long way of saying, sorry, but there will be more new games.

As always, thanks for your enthusiasm for Pocket Legends. Lots of <3 to you.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Samhayne, I read your posts in this thread. My only question is: In a summary what you mean is that for now, there will be no more expansions since most attention goes to AL? And if that is so, it means that in the near future and maybe later than that, Pl will begin to grow-develop again?

I don't wanna judge STS but from the business side of things, in order to make customers buy a product or playing a game in our case, shouldn't there be something new added on? Even something pretty small like a very slow progress in the game?

We all love PL and most of us play this game for years buying platinum or not. I personally ,and I believe most people in PL do, want to stick to this game because the whole concept of PL fulfills our needs as a game. Though keeping PL kind of inactive (as long as we are talking about development of it) will be a mistake that will make many people quit. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

i wanna be a successful computer person and buy pl ...i mean if i cud afford to buy sts i wud still have ppl work on al and others but pl is the baby . btw how much is sts worth? like if u buy them out how much does it cost ? i have 12 dollars and my mom might loan me another 12 updat: lvl1 is giving me another 12 dollars , cmon we got this , 27k here we come

$$27k according to this site http://www.freewebsitereport.org/www...imestudios.com
    Last edited by for the lulz; 01-09-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

@sam, thanks for the feedback. I wish we could speak face to face because I have trouble expressing myself in this medium but I'll try. I have owned and operated a small construction business for the last 20 years and it seams your not taking care of your repeat customers for the search of new costumers. Im good at building houses not typing so I'll put it like this, you must have a good foundation or the rest you build on it will crumble.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoot View Post
    @sam, thanks for the feedback. I wish we could speak face to face because I have trouble expressing myself in this medium but I'll try. I have owned and operated a small construction business for the last 20 years and it seams your not taking care of your repeat customers for the search of new costumers. Im good at building houses not typing so I'll put it like this, you must have a good foundation or the rest you build on it will crumble.
    but they are making money of al , i mean soon sam will be out with the other devs in their rolls royces bling bling lots of swags . sts will surely amount to something HUGELY successful , by asking them to spend time developing pl for us when they can make much more by putting that time into the hit game al they wud be sacrifising their own future. i love pl but if i was a dev id work on al too .
    but u never know , maybe if they made alot of money of al they cud hire new younger nub programmers to work on pl , then we cud all have a thriving community .
    personally i hope al does really well , i hope u guys make alot of money
    Last edited by for the lulz; 01-09-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    That's just being silly.

If you have ever worked in a retail environment, you'll know that customers are always looking for the latest and greatest. New is cool. Just hang out for a bit in a GameStop store and you'll hear people ask, "So, what's new?"

To reiterate, if we hadn't learned from Star and Dark and built Arcane, Spacetime likely wouldn't be around right now (at least not in it's current incarnation - that includes Pocket Legends running).

We will continue to build new games because that's the path to growth. We know this from having done it. I know you are coming from the viewpoint of a Pocket Legends afficiando, so I completely understand your feeling that new games are taking away from the game you want to see developed - but again, if we don't grow, we won't thrive.

Long way of saying, sorry, but there will be more new games.

As always, thanks for your enthusiasm for Pocket Legends. Lots of <3 to you.
    Do you think we will be seeing any new events like the infested deck or forgotten treasure events? Just little week long extravaganzas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Do you think we will be seeing any new events like the infested deck or forgotten treasure events? Just little week long extravaganzas?
    pls no forg event , il be sad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's see.. AL is doing really well, I wouldn't ever give up on that. But PL has huge potential, in my opinion more than AL, you were clever when you said that if you sold the game to someone who wants to develop the game, would cause competition. But as for the fact that you are making a new game, before even adding a small update on one of these games.. Isn't okay, at all. That's like a punch to the face to loyal players that have spent a lot of money on this game, some even hundreds of dollars. There's like a bazillion little updates that can be done to make players satisfied with this game that don't require a lot of coding, but for now we are doing exact same things for over 12 months now. And during this Christmas time, the game is completely dead. PL>AL anytime. As time goes, you will notice it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by for the lulz View Post
    pls no forg event , il be sad
    The event was fun, the items were cool, the only bad thing was the insane stats for the items. I'd actually like to see a more balanced forgotten event with different items (so the current ones don't loose value).