Thread: Full Int not too good?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had my mage all screwed up for a long time, then went half-str paladin, then to full-int, half-dex, and now I'm back to paladin again. The damage output I had with full-int was nice, but at the time I couldn't get a good group to get through VL without getting smeared. I switched to dex because I had 2 good sets, cyber and sentinel, sitting around. I found that it was all right, damage-wise, but I was too fragile to use the talon set effectively and out of range for spells with the shotgun or blaster. Since switching to the recommended STR number to boost, I have been totally happy with her performance at 55. She's wearing Sewer Queen cowl and robes, and either lowmans bracer/some random wand, SQ staff, or the purple blast staff for farming or room clearing. I haven't set her up for warior armor, and I don't know if I will; as I play like a bomber, dropping everything and circling around on the cooldown, I like the ability to take a LOT of hits and regen almost all of it before I circle back. At something like 24h/30m, all I need is a strategic retreat. the 130 armor doesn't hurt either.

Having said that, I'm usually the one who gets killed when hitting those mob clusters in swill pitz, catacombs, etc. I either run as point, close to it, or I'm glued to a bear to finish combos. She's tough, but not bear in FF tough. (although I have a helm that she can wear...)
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    I had my mage all screwed up for a long time, then went half-str paladin, then to full-int, half-dex, and now I'm back to paladin again. The damage output I had with full-int was nice, but at the time I couldn't get a good group to get through VL without getting smeared. I switched to dex because I had 2 good sets, cyber and sentinel, sitting around. I found that it was all right, damage-wise, but I was too fragile to use the talon set effectively and out of range for spells with the shotgun or blaster. Since switching to the recommended STR number to boost, I have been totally happy with her performance at 55. She's wearing Sewer Queen cowl and robes, and either lowmans bracer/some random wand, SQ staff, or the purple blast staff for farming or room clearing. I haven't set her up for warior armor, and I don't know if I will; as I play like a bomber, dropping everything and circling around on the cooldown, I like the ability to take a LOT of hits and regen almost all of it before I circle back. At something like 24h/30m, all I need is a strategic retreat. the 130 armor doesn't hurt either.

Having said that, I'm usually the one who gets killed when hitting those mob clusters in swill pitz, catacombs, etc. I either run as point, close to it, or I'm glued to a bear to finish combos. She's tough, but not bear in FF tough. (although I have a helm that she can wear...)

A little bit off topic but I done a Swill Pitz run last night with an awesome tank ... he just mass pulled all the clusters and came back with them all and we were dropping about 30-40 mobs in about 5 seconds. Then we just moved on to the next section where he done the same again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PLaCiD View Post
    A little bit off topic but I done a Swill Pitz run last night with an awesome tank ... he just mass pulled all the clusters and came back with them all and we were dropping about 30-40 mobs in about 5 seconds. Then we just moved on to the next section where he done the same again.
    mustve been a big map if there were that many mobs (groups of baddies not the single baddies themselves. and there isnt a set place in any map with that many baddies in one spot lol, no ones becon is that powerful