Thread: Void vs. Sentinel vs. Sunblessed Sets: An Unbiased Analysis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Have to say you love numbers and data. Skimmed through most parts but went through the tables, would anyone agree that the sentinel set may be better vs bosses in a full, complete group?

I'm guessing with higher DPS/base damage, along with other debuffs from other classes, along with that "Super debuff + buff" combo, if that extra 11 DPS and 8 damage would go through a lot of multipliers? Even more when a crit happens with/without the group buffs/debuffs.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Have to say you love numbers and data. Skimmed through most parts but went through the tables, would anyone agree that the sentinel set may be better vs bosses in a full, complete group?

I'm guessing with higher DPS/base damage, along with other debuffs from other classes, along with that "Super debuff + buff" combo, if that extra 11 DPS and 8 damage would go through a lot of multipliers? Even more when a crit happens with/without the group buffs/debuffs.
    It's extremely hard to tell which is better in a large group of people simply because of a ton of other factors. In one run you may kill Shadow Anubis in 19 seconds with Void and 1 minute with Sentinel, but only because your group w/ Void was a lot stronger or better or knew what they were doing. Likewise, you may kill Shadow Anubis in 2 minutes with Void and 20 seconds with Sentinel - I had runs in which both happened.

It's possible that damage going through multipliers may make a difference, but once again this heavily relies on your groups to buff/debuff. I can perhaps make calculations to see how vastly multipliers and combos affect damage between both equipments.

Sent is better end of story.
    And sunblessed bow stinks. Lack of range.
    Sentinel for pvp but suprisingly I go with the duel daggers shadow slicers in pve well vs bosses... Best IMO
    This guide is strictly PvE only. By all means, create a guide on your findings. I did not include duel daggers because short-range and long-range weapon works too differently for comparison's sake - Daggers generally do more DPS to all enemies but you have to run to each enemy to attack them, sacrificing time, as well as sacrificing a lot of armor to kill as a bird.