Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warrior progression curve

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

You should consider the overall time only. On easy/event bosses might be but on hard elite/mausoleum bosses I doubt it completely and will make a few seconds difference not minutes difference another reason why most of the tanks won't feel the change of weapon. Also you should add the harder playability you will have with your two-handed weapon on this maps and bosses with your low armor. In these cases the damage is made by the other classes most of the time leaving the roll of healer/"tanking" to warriors. I often see warrior chaging weapons on the course of the map and tbh does't change anything. You don't feel it when you play. The only real feel is the durability always. With the dusk aegis proc the mages curse mobs dont kill you in one or two hits wich is good. I just hope a real change in the feel way when you play with this new content. Now we will have explicit roles as attacker and defender.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano Lobo View Post
    You should consider the overall time only. On easy/event bosses might be but on hard elite/mausoleum bosses I doubt it completely and will make a few seconds difference not minutes difference another reason why most of the tanks won't feel the change of weapon. Also you should add the harder playability you will have with your two-handed weapon on this maps and bosses with your low armor. In these cases the damage is made by the other classes most of the time leaving the roll of healer/"tanking" to warriors. I often see warrior chaging weapons on the course of the map and tbh does't change anything. You don't feel it when you play. The only real feel is the durability always. With the dusk aegis proc the mages curse mobs dont kill you in one or two hits wich is good. I just hope a real change in the feel way when you play with this new content. Now we will have explicit roles as attacker and defender.
    The claymore is for bosses, and the aegis (myth) is for mobs. I love the new aegis, but aside from a pure luck setup it is not needed in current stage imho. I agree with you, the overall time is what counts, so why stretch it by limiting to only one weapon? Especially since the claymore is dang cheap. So far the maps are not very hard, and the mage course can be avoided with team work (no matter wether with or without tank or which weapons are used). All i am saying is, it is not too bad, tanks have options to go a bit more rogueish, and maps are not scaled to make tanks necessary yet. Everything else depends on playstyle and party. Where i disagree is that the damage of the dusk claymore doesn't make a difference on bosses.