Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Massively.com writer Beau Hindiman weighs in on Dark Legends Energy Mechanic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I hope you don't count this one guys opinion as having more weight than the many players who are unhappy with having their game play restricted just because he writes for a magazine.

On 3 separate threads I have asked for an explanation as to the ADVANTAGE of having an energy mechanic to restrict gameplay and haven't recieved one yet. This will be the fourth. I read where Justg said it helped pace the game and to bring you back to town to socialize. Please explain how it does this? If someone wants to play at their own pace or socialize in town couldn't they do both without having energy restrictions?
    Hey Robert,

I'm sorry that you're not able to play at your own pace in Dark Legends. When you're out of energy and looking around for other things to do, going to town to socialize and pvp are put in front of the user (on the interface that pops up informing about the need for more energy to continue). I don't know what else to really say about energy to address your concerns. At the end of the day, it won't be for everyone. It's ok if it's not for you. We still <3 <3 you.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Robert,

I'm sorry that you're not able to play at your own pace in Dark Legends. When you're out of energy and looking around for other things to do, going to town to socialize and pvp are put in front of the user (on the interface that pops up informing about the need for more energy to continue). I don't know what else to really say about energy to address your concerns. At the end of the day, it won't be for everyone. It's ok if it's not for you. We still <3 <3 you.
    I'm still going to give it a try when it becomes available for iOS but I still don't understand what the purpose of it is. haha. Wouldn't you be able to socialize and pvp without energy restrictions?

P.S. Love you too. <3
    PPS I just had an epic idea "vampire oyster". The rest I'll leave up to you.

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I totally disagree with beau's article it makes me sad to see STS following the path of games like Mafia Wars.

At least if you guys wanted to use an energy system make it increase by 1 per lv like Mafia Wars.

Not make it stay at the same as i lv up and by the time im at Marshwood where some actions costs 9 energy, i can only initiate 2 actions and wait 10 mins for 2 more energy to initiate one more action.

It just seems to me that the higher lv you are, the more you are at a disadvantage due to the increased energy cost but same max energy.

Its just my opinion coming from my perspective though.

Different people might have different opinions on this energy system.
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 05-05-2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: some spelling mistakes

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterSLAYER For This Useful Post: