Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why You Might Not Get Healed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Building a Bird so I was in a lower level game with this L16 Enchantress. He kept typing revive and I thought it was a joke because I was the only one there. When I didn't revive him, he kicked me out of the game. All in all, it was really funny.
    Omg ROTFL LOL
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I enjoy healing but it annoys me when people are spamming "heal, heal, heal." We know what we are doing so let us do our jobs.
    Hopcount - lvl 45 archer|Brandolf - lvl 45 mage|Dimitriam - lvl 45 warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

There are two sides to this discussion.

I won't play with people who let their fellow players die and then have to run all the way back through the level to catch up. After it happens twice, I leave.

Healing pots cost 700 for 25, and I have found that I use them like an addict because so many enchantresses (who only have to push the green button to restore our hit points) are too busy shooting and slashing to be bothered watching the party's red lines.

Clearly they do not understand this game.

The balance is based on a division of skills between three different character types. Bears hack and slash. They regen quickly, but in a boss fight, they will die, leaving the enchantresses to fend for themselves. Then the enchantresses die, too, and they all have to run back through. And it could have been so easy just to push the green button.

So my reply to "why you might not get healed" is "why you might see bears leave the group frequently!" Personally, when I am playing a healer, I consider it my responsibility to keep the others from dying.

As I say, there are two sides to this discussion.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

Healing pots cost 700 for 25,
    Check out the Mage on the East side of town. She sells 100 potions for 1500 bucks. Thats 15 a pot instead of 28. Mages really need to only buy in bulk.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My alt is a lvl 29 bowmage, so I have had similar experiences. My favorite bit comes with people who won't walk when you, the only mage, dies.

If there's no one else left to rev you, guess what...if I have to walk, so do you. There's nothing lazier than a person who stays dead for the exact same amount of time they would have spent walking, just so they don't have to do it themselves. I've had this happen a couple of times, and if I tell them to walk and they don't, when I get back to them I just keep on walking LOL; lesson learned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't mind healing on my enchantress. I do mind dying as a result of stupidity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I was playing my enchantress today and I was so busy paying attention to the rampaging bear's health that I didn't watch my own health and twice had to be revived during boss fights. Darn, that was dumb! LOL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i always heal and resurrect higher level players but i hate it when i go in just to resurrect and a boss kills me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I was playing my enchantress today and I was so busy paying attention to the rampaging bear's health that I didn't watch my own health and twice had to be revived during boss fights. Darn, that was dumb! LOL!
    This happens ALL the time for me!
    I wish my health/info was next to my teammates.. I should think those few cm wouldnt matter but they truly do..

First I would like to say I heal/revive anyone within distance of me.. except if I am down to only 1 pot of mana then I will start being selective..

I also agree with almost everything in this thread! I dont mind people saying "heal" or "Reviv" once or twice as long as it isn't being spammed.. Because it helps me locate them since the balloon will appear above their head.. I HATE having to find dead players with dead enemies strewn everywhere! I generally just look at the map for a few secs and see who 'isnt' moving anymore.. lol

~ When people expect you to immediately heal them in the middle of a fight and you are frantically trying to stay out of the way of the boss while reviving someone.. I have died mid-revived MANY times.. This is particularly hard when the boss can basically kill you in one or two hits.. Someone complained that I was a 'lousy' healer because I couldn't heal them between those 2 hits.. I can only do a heal every couple seconds after all..

One thing I find annoying is when Im just restarting at a lower level and they are expecting you to constantly heal/revive them.. Down here (aka very low lvl of 1-6)I do NOT have that much mana to share.. ALL of the money I earn is going towards healing YOU! I dont see archers/bears giving me anything in return or atleast nothing a group of healers couldn't do on there own (and more cheaply for us)! So a little appreciation is nice.. And I need to buy a few extra health pots myself incase i get caught between healings.. This no longer applies after awhile since we can afford to splurge on others..

One REALLY annoying thing happened earlier.. I had just restarted and was teammates with a low level archer.. He kept running right up to them and shooting them in the face and then standing there getting hit over and over.. He has a bow.. He can shoot them from a distance! I told him to run away when they start their attack and you wont get health taken away but he completely ignored me.. I immediately stopped healing him.. Im not going to keep healing you if you arent playing intelligently.. If it was a bear of course I would have kept healing they are 'supposed' to get up close..

Ive had someone request a revive a few steps from the spawn spot.. seriously?

ohh.. And I just wanted to share.. We Enchantress' could just play without either of the other types.. Numerous times I have played with an all enchantress' party and we did wonderfully! Best part was no one had to die and no one healer had to watch over the rest.. It was GREAT!!! We dont have to be only support characters..
    Last edited by VGG; 07-27-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hehe i loved how you mentioned mages on wow im a lvl 80 mage an ppl on wow think of me as a vending machine and also ive seen a lot of pl ppl complaining about not getting heal. Just say if you dont like it get out (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i understand all points on this one seeing as i have a lvl 22 enchantress and a lvl 27 warrior, and if i know i can handle it, i tend to tank with both of them...most people think that a mage class player is automatically supposed to heal and res every 30 seconds...no...i focus mainly on attack and if someone needs healed or revived, ill do it when i get around to it...i play with more of an attack based style than support based (though i do have 4 or 5 points on my heal skill).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Violentsaint View Post
    lol completely off topic but so true, DAMB U MEGA MAZE!
    still off topic, i figured out the other day how to do mega maze without any unnessesary doubling back...then i went to a group of lvl 20-30s who just ran wherever...all were warrior except me, the enchantress...i went the right way off the bat before anyone moved, and they all went the opposite way...i took out the whole first section of the map bh the entrance in about two minutes...they died in about one minute...and again went the other way to die again...i didnt even see them till i got to the room with dead eyes, where i decided to wait for them, which took about 5 min. but we killed dead eyesneasily after i buffed them, dead eyes out of the way, they left again...they all died about 8 times during the lvl, while i died once...i laughed at them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I play a Talon Bird and a DEX/INT Enchantress. I pretty much agree with all your points except one.

9) If you're going to spam your archer skill with the knockback, at least learn how to use it and don't stand 50 feet away from the mob.
    Archers have two skills that knockback. Avian Scream and Repulse Shot. Avian is short range and doesn't knockback that far. Plus, I don't think it works on bosses. Repulse is single-target and the knockback is also fairly short. With my Talon Bird, if I use Repulse point blank, the enemy is still within my attack range.

Enchantresses are far more guilty of careless knockbacks. Firestorm has a much bigger range and further knockback than either Archer skill. I've been playing through AO1 to level my Archer and I've seen so many careless knockbacks. Enchantresses knocking bosses into a group of mobs way behind it. I've seen 2 Enchantresses hit Firestorm at the same time. The knockback effect stacks and consequently the boss gets sent flying away, more often than not, resulting in the boss resetting.

People have to realize bosses will reset if no one is near them/attacking them. Half the time, the boss is being tanked by a Warrior or being kited by me. There was no point to the knockback. At best a careless knockback can result in a boss reset. At worst, a party wipe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

as enchantress, i try to help people out AFTER they die. they have pots, i have pots, whatever. the lagg of healing might be too late, take initiative.
    What really bugs me however is that if i die the resident enchantress just keeps on going, and AFTER the battle im revived. its as simple as clicking revive while autoing, and that little bit of mana you could use to use a damage would be better of letting someone back in to do more damage themselves. I revive with pleasure, others should be prudent as well.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2 cents

Not sure how old this thread is but when Iread the OPs post i lold and just had to post my 2cents out of pure frustration. You either don't understand the enchantress or play on a phone. Seriously I hit the heal button every 3seconds regardless of anyone health. I play on the ipad and it's so much of a habit now I don't even think about it. I have 4toons and recently made another Mage. I can solo almost every dungeon myself. This game isn't hard. If your an enchantress n a dungeon at any level you should be hitting the heal button every 3 seconds. Not only does it give you health it also negates harmful effects. Aka freeze in lost expedition. Ever run lost and there is 3 mages just standing there frozen and no one heals to unfreeze them lol it cracks me up. If you cannot afford to spam pots in a free game that drops plenty of gold even at low levels you need to stop playing and find a new game to play. Even if people are a full health spam healing acts as a buff to any incoming damage and you will find yourself in much more successful groups. Birds and bears love nothing more than to have a Mage heal them. If you cannot heal and aoe at the same time please just reroll to a bird. You will do the legend community a favor and eliminate 1 more useless Mage from the game. Your post OP makes no sense because really what your saying is that you are an inexperienced gamer that can't afford free and easy pots to keep your mana up when spamming heal. Aka N00B IMO. If you want to see how to play a Mage from 1 to 30 let me know I will give you lessons. If you don't want to learn please don't make a fool of yourself as a Mage and not hit the heal button because lol " you pulled aggro" or lol " I'm too busy aoeing" l2p PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrazepam View Post
    Not sure how old this thread is
    it's about 6 months old. It died peacefully... Until today

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    it's about 6 months old. It died peacefully... Until today
    Hehe (:/ I still think its pretty funny though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    11) (or 12, 13 ...) Don't ask for a revive when we are near the spawn spot. That's just lazy.
    I don't mind rev'ing someone near the spawn spot. No big deal... very little mana is used. It's just a habit that people expect a rev.

What I hate is when someone shouts "HEAL HEAL HEAL". I will quit the group when I get that message. I know my job. I don't spam "TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT" when I am getting hit. I don't PM the bird with a message like "why aren't you killing things faster?"

EDIT: oh... i see this is an old thread. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

That is very true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Mages r too busy fighting so they can't heal 24/7

21. The Following User Says Thank You to superme For This Useful Post: