Thread: Dexmage versus Intmage / Pure Int - A Factual Guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uepauke View Post
    I used to be a full int, using staff whenever I could (e.g. Hideout or with people I have played with). I just recently switched to dual dex/int and have been hating the dying--where previously I could just spam heal, now I'd die if I just rely on healing, so I'm still getting used to using my pots more.

The shock of dying more often nearly made me consider switching back to int--I love my staff set! However, the fact that people in this thread have gone past this is encouraging me to carry on. Is it generally custom recurve people are using? I'm wearing raid bow set borrowed from a friend.
    most people are using Raid Roach autobow set and i have bagman set... (super weak) and trying to get my RR set so I can enjoy the full power of a dex mage, now dying is part of dex mage since you are a glass cannon...but non the less you are a " Cannon" so just because who your target is and dont run past the tank like a dork.... I do that still because of pally experience lol and avoid any traps at all costs they will kill you instantly without shield up and mana at full.
    55 enchantress (Dex Mage)-Keasha
    35 Archer (str bird)-Mkcecil
    36 Warrior (pure str)
    35 enchantress (pvp mage)-Kittenkaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mkcecil View Post
    most people are using Raid Roach autobow set and i have bagman set... (super weak) and trying to get my RR set so I can enjoy the full power of a dex mage, now dying is part of dex mage since you are a glass cannon...but non the less you are a " Cannon" so just because who your target is and dont run past the tank like a dork.... I do that still because of pally experience lol and avoid any traps at all costs they will kill you instantly without shield up and mana at full.
    LOL mixed feelings about dying being part of dex mage! I've got reasonably good habits because I'm a staff user (ok, I still charge into mobs, but I've found ways of surviving that and do occasionally take up some of the more peripheral positions for mob kills). It's actually the boss kills that are a problem--I am assuming the bow set is the best for boss kill, but I get a lot of aggro, and find myself spamming pots rather than skills just to keep alive, which seems a waste of my mage abilities. I'll try hanging back a bit further but it means some of the skills with less range won't hit the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mkcecil View Post
    i have bagman set... (super weak) ...
    i disagree. Yes bagman's is weaker than raid roach, but it.s not super weak. Heck it's not even weak, it's actually a good dex set. Just because it's green doesn't mean it's no good.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post
    i disagree. Yes bagman's is weaker than raid roach, but it.s not super weak. Heck it's not even weak, it's actually a good dex set. Just because it's green doesn't mean it's no good.
    True.

@Mkcecil, have you seen Physiologic play with it?