Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-03-12 Content Update (115460)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Yes, the more people you have hitting you, that are affected by Vengeful Blood, the more health and mana you get back. If you have 5-7 enemies hitting you, you'll fill your mana up in no time. Also, Vengeful Blood gives more mana and health per hit in PvP, since you don't tend to get hit by so many targets as quickly there, so it should still be good in PvP. Of course this is a bit of a different type of skill and the first time we're doing something like this, so numbers might have to be adjusted. I really like the gameplay of it though, it rewards the Warrior for clever use of his skills. Before it was just kind of brain dead, use it every time it's off cooldown and you'll never run out of mana, not balanced or interesting.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Yes, the more people you have hitting you, that are affected by Vengeful Blood, the more health and mana you get back. If you have 5-7 enemies hitting you, you'll fill your mana up in no time. Also, Vengeful Blood gives more mana and health per hit in PvP, since you don't tend to get hit by so many targets as quickly there, so it should still be good in PvP. Of course this is a bit of a different type of skill and the first time we're doing something like this, so numbers might have to be adjusted. I really like the gameplay of it though, it rewards the Warrior for clever use of his skills. Before it was just kind of brain dead, use it every time it's off cooldown and you'll never run out of mana, not balanced or interesting.
    Trying this now (re: use veng, then use taunt skills) - but my initial reaction is even with a swarm of mobs around me, it's not producing near enough mana regen (less than 25% of my pool). Anyone else having better luck?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Dear Devs,

Here is a switch, i have nothing to complain about! Good job and thanks!
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weagledan View Post
    Trying this now (re: use veng, then use taunt skills) - but my initial reaction is even with a swarm of mobs around me, it's not producing near enough mana regen (less than 25% of my pool). Anyone else having better luck?
    What level are they versus you? If you don't take any damage because you're testing against low level mobs, you won't get as much mana.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    What level are they versus you? If you don't take any damage because you're testing against low level mobs, you won't get as much mana.
    Thanks for the reply Swede - I'm level 26 running on the Kraken Isle maps (not elite). I'll try some elite runs and see how the regen changes. Thanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh snap. Just Monday I bought a L25 Captain's Axe of Assault (15 dex) instead of the similarly priced Captain's Axe of Potency (15 int). Of course, after the Vengeful Blood nerf, the latter's a lot more valuable.

Good job on the new Vengeful Blood mechanics! I love the concept. The numbers on it may or may not need some tweaking, I'm reserving judgment on that until I've used it more. Does anyone else think its AOE animation is a little too fast, though? I find it a bit distracting, but I'm pretty sensitive to these things.

Overall, great update, keep it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With new VB it is impossible to tank mobs unless you use tons of mana pots. Mobs I used to handle pretty easily are now difficult and require copious use of mana pots. Neutered is correct!!!